Dbacks going after Chapman?

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dbacks showing interest in the the closer Chapman. Would LOVE to have a closer that can throw 104 from the leftside to close out games. Ziegler has done a great job filling in, but he is more of a set up guy. Hopefully we can see Chapman in a Dbacks uniform by Friday

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
I'd love to have hint if it was long term, but his contract is up at the end of this season. Arbitration next year

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Ziggy has been adequite. I dont see closer as being a huge concern. The Dbacks dont even get that many save ops.

nooch

Veteran
Reaction score
While trades are exciting, nervous about this one. Chapman is awesome, but I think its too soon to go after a piece like this.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ziggy has been adequite. I dont see closer as being a huge concern. The Dbacks dont even get that many save ops.

lol. you can't be serious?

it's not just who's closing, it's everyone behind him too. if chapman is closing then zeigler is in the 8th. guess what both innings are locked down now instead of just the 9th

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
i wonder who is losing their spot in the rotation for the Giants?? paging that giants fan who posts in our boards.. i assume lincecum is the odd man out
According to twitter the odd man out is Tim Hudson.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Reds definitely selling. Leake to Giants.
For 2 prospects, notably their top prospect in Mella but he isn't really anything to write home about. He's considered a mid rotation / bullpen type.

Man I hope ARZ doesn't overpay for Chapman. Trade for Kimbrel and just take on his contract to lower the prospect cost.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For 2 prospects, notably their top prospect in Mella but he isn't really anything to write home about. He's considered a mid rotation / bullpen type.

Man I hope ARZ doesn't overpay for Chapman. Trade for Kimbrel and just take on his contract to lower the prospect cost.

Yankees and Astros are hot after Kimbrel

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jon Heyman
✔ ‎@JonHeymanCBS
dbacks aroldis talks for chapman are at impasse. they're "off" is the way one person put it. @SteveGilbertMLB 1st mentioned

10:59 AM - 31 Jul 2015 · New York, USA, United States

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Shipley PLUS 2 top 10 prospects?? Man, I would love to have Chapman especially since it now sounds like it would be contingent on him being willing to extend his deal, but that is a HIGH price. I could see Shipley and 1 prospect, but TWO, I don't know how I feel about that.

On the bright side, think about what our bullpen would look like with Ziggy in the 8th and Chapman in the 9th, BEASTLY!

If we're making a move like this that means we'll likely be all in for an ace in the offseason. Imagine a rotation of whoever that ace is with Corbin as the #2 and Bradley #3. With our offense, that staff and bullpen we could compete with anyone.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good, spend the $$$$ in the offseason. They better spend with the bank they're making off the TV deal and cutting of salary plus being out from all the deferred contracts of the past.

Ace, closer and maybe another SP if Bradley, Ray, De La Rosa or Hellickson tank.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn