Dbacks @ Brewers thread

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Peralta decided to grip the whole bat with his lead hand on a bunt, the ball met his finger and they didn't get along. :(

No word yet on if it's broken or anything. Looked like it hurt tho!:(

I did that as a kid in little league and it shattered my thumb nail, I can only imagine the pain from a major league pitch

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I did that as a kid in little league and it shattered my thumb nail, I can only imagine the pain from a major league pitch

Me too! Haha I'm watching the game at my parents house and my Mom was like do you remember when you did that in little league? I had forgotten about that, it took my whole nail off too. I just realized that was like 30 years ago and now I'm sad.

You're right, those pitches hurt, and they were going what like 30-40 mph? I'm guessing Peraltas was slightly more painful lol. Hope he's ok.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Pennington!

Even if they change it, still a phenomenal play.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Can't make a 4-0 lead hold up... Man out pitching just flat out blows.
Also, saw this crazy pathetic stat: Dbacks have the longest active streak of losing when trailing after the 6th inning at 42 consecutive games. The next closest team is the Phillies at 17!!! Wow!!!!!

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks lose a heart breaker, 7-6 in 17. The Diamondbacks had multiple chances to win but could not get the runners in. There were many bad at-bats, guys swinging at the first pitch after the previous batter had walked. Also, Pennington swinging at 2-0 with a runner on second and Goldy up next in the 17th was very bad hitting. Still took the series but a sweep would of been better.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Diamondbacks lose a heart breaker, 7-6 in 17. The Diamondbacks had multiple chances to win but could not get the runners in. There were many bad at-bats, guys swinging at the first pitch after the previous batter had walked. Also, Pennington swinging at 2-0 with a runner on second and Goldy up next in the 17th was very bad hitting. Still took the series but a sweep would of been better.

Maybe if the Brewers actually pitched to Goldy that would matter

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Goldy became the first batter in ML history to have 3 hits and 3 intentional walks in a game. Take that, Barry Bonds.

Of course, it didn't help that our prototype leadoff hitter came into the game at cleanup behind Goldy.

Note to self -- don't ever bat Goldy 9th. :D

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why should they if first base is open. If Pennington walks in the 17th, Garza would have had to pitch to Goldy. Goldy is going to see a lot of walks, just like Bonds did.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Can't make a 4-0 lead hold up... Man out pitching just flat out blows.
Also, saw this crazy pathetic stat: Dbacks have the longest active streak of losing when trailing after the 6th inning at 42 consecutive games. The next closest team is the Phillies at 17!!! Wow!!!!!

Make that 43 consecutive losses now when trailing after the 6th inning... Amazing...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Inciarte had a horrendous day and single handily cost us the game!
'Guess he won't be our cleanup hitter anymore. :)

It is unfortunate that it had to be for one game.

82 Cards Grad said:
Make that 43 consecutive losses now when trailing after the 6th inning... Amazing...
That is not just a problem with the team, especially with so many players sharing places in the starting lineup. That is a mindset.

I would hope that the coaching staff considers working on that top priority.

With the league so obsessed with shifts, I would hope that the philosophy of Wee Willie Keeler from the 1800's -- "Hit it where they ain't" -- would be an approach, especially during the last three innings of each game.

Or in the last eleven innings when necessary.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chip Hale's lineups have had a very "Gibby-esque" quality to them of late. The only guy hitting in the same spot on a daily basis is Goldschmidt. Pennington should never be hitting higher than 7th in the order, slotting him 2nd when Goldschmidt has been mashing in Milwaukee is a serious waste of opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard