David Stern is fed up

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO — Richard Jefferson has always enjoyed a good relationship with referees. At least he said so today on the eve of tonight’s Game 3, joking that he’s gotten to the line plenty over his career.
The Spurs forward also said there’s an art to talking to officials, knowing when in a game to pick your spot and make a point.
“It’s true,” Jefferson said. “You say some things and it can help a situation go either way. The referees are human. They’re not being influenced, but they’re humans. They understand what everyone’s been saying and people talk about it for three or four days, and their character is being questioned. It’s a tough job. There’s human error involved in everything.”
That error has led to plenty of complaining in recently about the quality of officiating, who’s getting calls and the like. A fed up commissioner David Stern said Thursday in Oklahoma City that’s he’s tired of it and will begin suspending coaches and players if the foolishness doesn’t stop.
That got the attention of coaches and players at this first-round series.
“I believe him,” Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said. “I’ve gotten to know the commissioner well over the last few years because of my involvement with the coaches’ association. He’s a man that’s interested in the well-being of the game. He’s interested in doing the right things. I don’t think you’re going to see any of that stuff in this series.”
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich doesn’t to see any of it, either.
“No matter what happens, referees are going to miss calls, players are going to make mistakes, coaches are going to make mistakes, and it’s probably best if we can all find a way to shut up and move on,” Pop said. “It’ll be better for everybody. Sometimes emotion takes over and hopefully [suspensions] won’t happen for anybody.”
As Mavs guard Jason Terry summed up: “Stern is going to be real stern obviously here in the playoffs and that’s a good thing.”
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/04/23/stern-threat-heard-in-sa/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

I would very much like this arrogant,corrupt ,smokescreen of a commisioner to fall into a lake........ and take his referees with him.This league is so ripe for a change at the top IMO.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Absolutely. He NEVER takes any responsibility for ANYTHING. It's unbelievable that such an arrogant ass is allowed this much leeway in the running of a league.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best way to improve the quality of officiating is to stop people from talking about it.

You must be registered for see images attach

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Absolutely. He NEVER takes any responsibility for ANYTHING. It's unbelievable that such an arrogant ass is allowed this much leeway in the running of a league.

Agree. He is a pompous prick who doesn't care whose toes he steps on as long as the league makes maximum dollar.

I'll admit he has done a lot to increase revenue and market his product, my main issue is his arrogance and the underlying conspiracies that surround the league. He has done nothing to clean up the sloppy and biased officiating, which rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Funny because I think everyone else has been "FED UP" with David Stern for about 10 years.

Just shutup greaseball and clean up your corrupted group of officials/degenerate gamblers.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Funny because I think everyone else has been "FED UP" with David Stern for about 10 years.

Just shutup greaseball and clean up your corrupted group of officials/degenerate gamblers.

:thumbup:
We need a like button like facebook has.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
It seems to me that this commissioner is owned by the media. During his tenure, the players have become thugs, and the media has taken over the decision making in the league. The NBA is way past due in cleaning up its act. It needs to bring in a commissioner with integrity and scruples, and it needs to relegate the media back to its place in reporting the games instead of influencing the outcome of them-----(including who gets to play whom in the playoffs). The league also needs to dump the draft lottery and go back to a clean draft.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard