David Shaw - Stanford Head Coach

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
Depending on the remainder of the season, a new coach may be a realistic option. Now firstly, I think the first name to be considered and my favorite choice to replace Whiz would be Horton. However, a secondary name I think has to be David Shaw. What he has done with this Stanford team is amazing. Think he has a similar background to Harbough and could be a great NFL coach. What are your thoughts?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on the remainder of the season, a new coach may be a realistic option. Now firstly, I think the first name to be considered and my favorite choice to replace Whiz would be Horton. However, a secondary name I think has to be David Shaw. What he has done with this Stanford team is amazing. Think he has a similar background to Harbough and could be a great NFL coach. What are your thoughts?

It's really hard to know yet on Shaw. He's a 2nd year head coach. he's looked very good but it's largely the kids Harbaugh recruited(with assistants of course) and it's completely Harbaughs' system.

But he's done a very nice job the last 2 years integrating new RB's, new OL's, and this year a new QB into that system.

Shaw is a very interesting guy he was a WR, yet he's running the same run based system Harbaugh, an ex QB, ran.

I do like him a great deal he's a very high character guy. But he's only been the head coach for 2 years.

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Harbaugh took a number of coaches with him to the 49ers. I am surprised that Shaw was able to get 10 wins out of his team this year. No Andrew Luck. And two OL lost to 1st round of the NFL Draft.

He changed QB's in the middle of the season and has coached up the Hogan kid.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO Whisenhunt will get one more year. Shaw would be an excellent candidate to be the HC for the Cards for the 2014 season. Hopefully our new GM would consider him.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I doubt Urban Meyer would be a good NFL coach. His offensive system is built for the college game.