Daniel Jeremiah has the Cardinals taking Tyree Wilson over Will Anderson

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Schrager says Tyree Wilson may go top 3. He has Travon Walker level buzz (in terms of jumping other prospects)

He's just said he's not working out at the combine so he's not getting any combine buzz.

Travon Walker had 3.5 sacks and didn't even make the list of rookie of the year candidates. Travon Walker is the reason why Wilson shouldn't go that high.

I don't even think Wilson is a top 10 pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's just said he's not working out at the combine so he's not getting any combine buzz.

Travon Walker had 3.5 sacks and didn't even make the list of rookie of the year candidates. Travon Walker is the reason why Wilson shouldn't go that high.
Walker wasn't even as productive as Wilson was in college though.
I don't even think Wilson is a top 10 pick.
This is nonsense. A true 4/3 DE with great size and physical characteristics is nearly always going to be a top ten pick if they are even remotely productive. Like I said, according to Daniel Jeremiah, Wilson had the best pressure percentage in CFB last year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Walker wasn't even as productive as Wilson was in college though.

This is nonsense. A true 4/3 DE with great size and physical characteristics is nearly always going to be a top ten pick if they are even remotely productive. Like I said, according to Daniel Jeremiah, Wilson had the best pressure percentage in CFB last year.

The draft is full of DE's with great physical traits.

Keion White made Feldmans freaks list. Hit 21mph at 285lb. Can do 38 reps on bench. And has the stats to back it up too.

Also, like Wilson he's all size, strength and motor. He also has no hands and no moves in his bag.

Wilson agent should get an award. He's well overhyped. Myles Murphy is far better and Will Anderson is on another planet.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Keion White made Feldmans freaks list. Hit 21mph at 285lb. Can do 38 reps on bench. And has the stats to back it up too.

Also, like Wilson he's all size, strength and motor. He also has no hands and no moves in his bag.

Wilson agent should get an award. He's well overhyped. Myles Murphy is far better and Will Anderson is on another planet.
1. Keion White will be 25 as a rookie. That's a big red flag for OL/DL. That means he was more physically mature than his college counterparts and may have less growth potential in the NFL.

2. Keion White is still shorter than Wilson. I've seen his height listed as 6'4 in some places.

3. It's very common for college pass rushers to NOT have many pass rush moves. The fact that some of these guys can approach double digit sacks speaks to their physical traits.

4. I don't agree that Murphy is far better. Murphy has been living off of 5 star hype for years now. He's a nice prospect, but he doesn't have ultra muscular, lean build that Wilson has. Wilson looks like a dude who has worked on his body, while Murphy is still running around with a belly and chubby cheeks. I'd put Wilson and Murphy on the same tier with Wilson getting a slight edge because of his violent game play and more refined physique.

Anderson is on a whole different tier from either of those two.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyree Wilson has a fractured foot. A fractured foot with a dude his size is a huge concern. Add the fact dude has a slow burst as an EDGE…… helllllllll no.

Any good will Monti has brought would immediately be flushed down the toilet

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tyree Wilson has a fractured foot. A fractured foot with a dude his size is a huge concern. Add the fact dude has a slow burst as an EDGE…… helllllllll no.

I fear Anderson will be gone (Texans move up 1 spot to ensure they get their QB. Anderson then goes to the Bears)

And I cant shake the feeling that in Arizona at least that Carter is going to be a disappointment.

Size/strength makes me think Wilson is going to work as an edge in Gannon's defense.

Obviously, I'd root for Carter if we draft him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I fear Anderson will be gone (Texans move up 1 spot to ensure they get their QB. Anderson then goes to the Bears)
Chicago wouldn’t get a much better offer from Indy? Adding the fact they’ll get 1 of Carter/Anderson?
And I cant shake the feeling that in Arizona at least that Carter is going to be a disappointment.

Size/strength makes me think Wilson is going to work as an edge in Gannon's defense.
I guess a alleged claim by 1 person was enough to convince you on Carter, but something that has proven to be true with a fractured foot on a big dude like Tyree doesn’t worry you one bit I guess.

I’m not even sure why Tyree would work in Gannon’s defense to you? Considering his biggest producers like Reddick & Sweat are far from power/brute force guys like Tyree.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Wow! how did he do those 38 reps? ;)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Huge concern? Nonsense. Fractured foot is a 1-2 month recovery in most instances.

Slow burst? Dude is twitchy as hell. He's going to blow up testing.
Drafting a productive monster at DE is so terrible!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huge concern? Nonsense. Fractured foot is a 1-2 month recovery in most instances.

Slow burst? Dude is twitchy as hell. He's going to blow up testing.
Yes, for a guy his size, it’s scary. Just because it might be a quick recovery doesn’t prevent it from always being a future problem.

Brother, burst & twitch have nothing to do with each other. Every time I watch Tyree, he’s the last one off the ball. That shows lack of burst. He’s not going to bulldoze guys like he did in the Big 12. I don’t see the twitchiness you see. He might blow up the 40 & bench press, but those drills hold less value for EDGEs compared to the 3 cone. He’s skipping the combine for most of the drills, so I’m sure he’ll get some real favorable numbers at his Pro Day. Trevor Sikkema actually hit the nail on the head to how exactly how I feel about Tyree
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Drafting a productive monster at DE is so terrible!
Chase Young? He ducked the 3 cone at the combine cause he even knew that he lacked fluidity/twitchiness. Look how underwhelming his career has turned out. I see the same with Tyree.

Drafting Tyree, especially over Anderson or Carter, would be a Monti OssenKeim move.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3. It's very common for college pass rushers to NOT have many pass rush moves. The fact that some of these guys can approach double digit sacks speaks to their physical traits.

4. I don't agree that Murphy is far better. Murphy has been living off of 5 star hype for years now. He's a nice prospect, but he doesn't have ultra muscular, lean build that Wilson has. Wilson looks like a dude who has worked on his body, while Murphy is still running around with a belly and chubby cheeks. I'd put Wilson and Murphy on the same tier with Wilson getting a slight edge because of his violent game play and more refined physique.

Anderson is on a whole different tier from either of those two.

It's not that he doesn't have many pass rush moves. He has no pass rush moves. And his hand usage is none existent. Once a tackle has hands on him it's game over. He also can't turn a corner or get round the edge. That's the top 3 things you look for in a pass rusher and he has none of them.

Murphy has good hands, he can turn the edge and he has some moves.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, for a guy his size, it’s scary. Just because it might be a quick recovery doesn’t prevent it from always being a future problem.

Brother, burst & twitch have nothing to do with each other. Every time I watch Tyree, he’s the last one off the ball. That shows lack of burst. He’s not going to bulldoze guys like he did in the Big 12. I don’t see the twitchiness you see. He might blow up the 40 & bench press, but those drills hold less value for EDGEs compared to the 3 cone. He’s skipping the combine for most of the drills, so I’m sure he’ll get some real favorable numbers at his Pro Day. Trevor Sikkema actually hit the nail on the head to how exactly how I feel about Tyree

All of this.

He's painfully slow getting off. NFL tackles will eat him up with the get off he has. He does absolutely nothing apart from bullrush and NFL tackles have far better anchors than the Big12 and every single one of his sacks sucks balls.

There isn't a single sack or even rush on his tape that would work in the NFL.

Connor Rogers summed it up in that video "Biggest non quarterback boom or bust in the entire draft. I would be scared ****-less drafting him in the top 10"

Tyree Wilson is Vernon Gholston.

Someone please show me a good Tyree Wilson pass rush. I do not believe NFL teams have him anywhere near as high as the media, but then it only takes 1. Please let it be the Seahawks.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the talk of this Edge class is overblown and I don't think 3 go top 10.

I think Anderson goes 3-5.

I think Murphy goes 8-12.

I think Wilson and Van Ness go 12-20 and Van Ness may go first.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Wilson is a good 4-3 DE prospect. I could see the Seahawks taking him at #5.

In my personal opinion, he is well below Anderson and Carter...and even athletically is below Myles Murphy.

If we trade down...sure Wilson becomes an option. If we stay at #3 we will have better options on the board and I would be disappointed that we went with Wilson.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the talk of this Edge class is overblown and I don't think 3 go top 10.

I think Anderson goes 3-5.

I think Murphy goes 8-12.

I think Wilson and Van Ness go 12-20 and Van Ness may go first.
I think you're wrong on Wilson, but agree with the rest. I don't think the Bears want to take anyone at #1.

I'm intrigued with Van Ness as a 3-4 End, but of the Cardinals resign Allen, Van Ness probably isn't the best fit because Cam Thomas is also a similar player as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wilson is a good 4-3 DE prospect. I could see the Seahawks taking him at #5.

In my personal opinion, he is well below Anderson and Carter...and even athletically is below Myles Murphy.

If we trade down...sure Wilson becomes an option. If we stay at #3 we will have better options on the board and I would be disappointed that we went with Wilson.
I also see Wilson as a high end 5 Tech prospect in the mold of Calais.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's not that he doesn't have many pass rush moves. He has no pass rush moves. And his hand usage is none existent. Once a tackle has hands on him it's game over. He also can't turn a corner or get round the edge. That's the top 3 things you look for in a pass rusher and he has none of them.

Murphy has good hands, he can turn the edge and he has some moves.
His primary move is the same primary move Watt uses where he stabs his hand into the OL chest, extends his arm, and pushes him back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose