ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pick
You must be registered for see images attach

Arizona Cardinals

Tyree Wilson
Texas Tech · Edge · Senior (RS)
First edge rusher off the board? Over Will Anderson Jr.?!? There’s a lot of love for Wilson around the league. His combination of size, length and production has teams very intrigued.

He has Anderson then dropping to.....the Seahawks.

Draft is an inexact science. Who knew for sure that Khalil Mack would be better than Clowney. Still would be a surprise.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyree Wilson will run a mediocre 3-cone & we’ll forget all about this.

Dude will be a DE in the league. Similar to Greg Rousseau.

Cards Crazy

Rookie
Reaction score
Par for the course remember the Great Anthony Bell, Clyde Duncan, Steve Little and the list goes On and On I really wonder why anyone the Cards draft Never sirprise's me anymore

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Pick

Arizona Cardinals

Tyree Wilson
Texas Tech · Edge · Senior (RS)
First edge rusher off the board? Over Will Anderson Jr.?!? There’s a lot of love for Wilson around the league. His combination of size, length and production has teams very intrigued.

He has Anderson then dropping to.....the Seahawks.

Draft is an inexact science. Who knew for sure that Khalil Mack would be better than Clowney. Still would be a surprise.
I really like Tyree Wilson, but NOT over Will Anderson. Wilson is a consolation prize. He has the potential to be a really good player....while Will Anderson has the potential to be an elite player.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really like Tyree Wilson, but NOT over Will Anderson. Wilson is a consolation prize. He has the potential to be a really good player....while Will Anderson has the potential to be an elite player.
I'd argue Sam Darnold was seen as close to a slam dunk #1 pick before the draft than anyone.

Then Mayfield went #1. Ok, Cleveland being Cleveland. However, you look up and Allen and Jackson have cleared Darnold with ease.

Im not saying I'd take Wilson over Anderson. However, if Monti thinks Wilson is going to end up the better player I wont be mad.

Again dont think it happens though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'd argue Sam Darnold was seen as close to a slam dunk #1 pick before the draft than anyone.

Then Mayfield went #1. Ok, Cleveland being Cleveland. However, you look up and Allen and Jackson have cleared Darnold with ease.

Im not saying I'd take Wilson over Anderson. However, if Monti thinks Wilson is going to end up the better player I wont be mad.

Again dont think it happens though.
I could see it. Wilson has great size, strength, and displays great instincts.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cards get a king's ransom and move down to say 6 (a couple first one picks plus) I'd be fine with Tyree. I'd really want Carter/Anderson.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the Cards get a king's ransom and move down to say 6 (a couple first one picks plus) I'd be fine with Tyree. I'd really want Carter/Anderson.
Dont see the Lions trading up with the Cardinals. Raiders could for Levis or Stroud. However, if we drop to 7 I think the Lions take Wilson at 6. Unless they really like one of the corners.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I may be way out on a limb here, but absent injury I think Anderson is a sure thing. You don’t get sure thing passrushers often in the draft.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm taking the Alabama players whether Young or Anderson over a Texas Tech player. This a Keim type pick but not in this regime. If Young or McCloud is off the board, trading down if possible might be the best way to force this decision maker to fix the darn lines on this team. Nothing is going to get better until deficiencies on the Oline are no longer disguised by KM running around like a crazy man. Because the line would actually be legit. Same on DL. Gotta fix the trenches, the pit. I'd still try to get Bennett if possible then address the OL in rounds 2-5. If the Cards did take the DT route in Carter, they could pair him with a good FA DT. Hopefully there are no character concerns with Carter and Anderson. Chicago will likely take Anderson anyways. But I like my idea because it's all about the quarterback and I feel Young can gain that 10-15 pounds of muscle. He looks pretty darn good to me.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I may be way out on a limb here, but absent injury I think Anderson is a sure thing. You don’t get sure thing passrushers often in the draft.
im with you

Peter King was on 98.7. Per him, one of Gannon's core beliefs is that if you can pressure with 4, you win on defense ( i know, kind of a "duh" thing)

so -- if you want to pressure with 4, then you have to take Will Anderson

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Tyree Wilson will run a mediocre 3-cone & we’ll forget all about this.

Dude will be a DE in the league. Similar to Greg Rousseau.
@DVontel His reasoning is the Cardinals will need a DE under Gannon and will use Simmons in the 4-3 OLB role that they used Reddick in last year so no real scheme fit for Anderson.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
No offense to T. Wilson, he may turn into a great edge guy just not in the first couple of years. I watch video of him and he does okay agains weaker competition but he seems a little thin in the bottom half (hips/legs). To me, he needs to get stronger overall and that will take a couple of years. Give me either 1) Anderson 2 ) Carter 3) trade down and get a boatload and maybe pick up Wilson around 8-12.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm taking the Alabama players whether Young or Anderson over a Texas Tech player. This a Keim type pick but not in this regime. If Young or McCloud is off the board, trading down if possible might be the best way to force this decision maker to fix the darn lines on this team. Nothing is going to get better until deficiencies on the Oline are no longer disguised by KM running around like a crazy man. Because the line would actually be legit. Same on DL. Gotta fix the trenches, the pit. I'd still try to get Bennett if possible then address the OL in rounds 2-5. If the Cards did take the DT route in Carter, they could pair him with a good FA DT. Hopefully there are no character concerns with Carter and Anderson. Chicago will likely take Anderson anyways. But I like my idea because it's all about the quarterback and I feel Young can gain that 10-15 pounds of muscle. He looks pretty darn good to me.
This isn't always true. Sometimes players grow a ton being forced to make plays with lesser teammates around them.

Anderson and Tyree Wilson are very different players. I like Anderson to a stronger Von Miller and Wilson's play is similar to Chandler Jones.

Chicago would be crazy to pass on Anderson for Carter but apparently Matt Eberflus' system needs a good 3 tech to make the system run optimally and Carter can be that guy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No offense to T. Wilson, he may turn into a great edge guy just not in the first couple of years. I watch video of him and he does okay agains weaker competition but he seems a little thin in the bottom half (hips/legs). To me, he needs to get stronger overall and that will take a couple of years. Give me either 1) Anderson 2 ) Carter 3) trade down and get a boatload and maybe pick up Wilson around 8-12.
Wilson's pass rush technique needs more refinement. He essentially relies on a bull rush and swim move. What I love about him the most is his ability against the run. He is really good and shedding blocks and flowing to the ball.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose