Dane Brugler's top 100 draft board

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BritCard, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 2021 - Prove It

lol...for the record, I like Wisconsin RBs.

My feeling is that most WRs are over-drafted. If a guy is a physical freak ala Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson, Mike Evans etc...take them in round 1 and take them high. If a guy is a solid athlete with normal size, the gap between that player and the one who goes in round 2 is probably small (IMO). I think college production for WRs is over-rated because of the huge mismatches in talent between them and the CB across from them. Alabama WRs specifically get a lot of soft/shell coverage because of all of the talent that these teams are trying to match up with. This creates non-NFL scenarios where they just aren't contested at the catch and then are wide open in space vs 2 and 3 star guys.

Does that mean I don't think Devonta Smith is good? No. But I don't view him as a top 15 player and I don't feel the gap between him and Kadarius Toney is very large.

Also, for the record, @DVontel making me think about Devonta Smith also makes me wonder what the gap is between Ja'Marr Chase and Rashod Bateman.

BritCard and Ouchie-Z-Clown like this.
  2. oaken1

oaken1 Stone Cold

You draft Bama players for their floor not their ceiling

Chopper0080 and cardsfanmd like this.
  3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I think that’s a great way to put it.

Chopper0080 likes this.
  4. BritCard

BritCard Registered

He has a point. I'd take the hit rate on Bama WRs over the hit rate on round 1 TEs.

And as good as Pitts looks in college I still think he's a big slot/WR rather than a TE. I think anyone expecting him to be an inline TE that's blocking on 50%+ snaps is going to be disappointed. Which of course is how most NFL teams use TEs.

daves likes this.
  5. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Way too much time talking about Pitts when it would be astronomically dumb for a team with so many holes to take a TE in round 1.

Especially a team with a scheme that uses TEs far more for blocking than route running. Especially on a team that isn't great in the short to intermediate center of the field where TEs generally operate. Especially on a team where no TE plays more than around 40% of snaps.

6. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

If Surtain is there he would be my pick but I take Adebo over Horn. Adebo can play in any scheme, has the length at close to 6'2 and ball skills (8 INT's in 2 years). Getting lost in CB order because of opting out but if he used the time to put on muscle mass then that would be his only real question mark.

I've seen some mocks with Adebo going in mid first so he wouldn't be a reach, definitely has #1 CB potential.

7. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Adebo & his slow feet, meh hips, & average speed definitely can not play in any scheme. He’s purely a zone defender & that’s it. He has a lot of limitations. Did you not watch his 2019 tape when he was getting beat relentlessly by Gabriel Davis & other quick WRs? That is one dude I pray we stay away from on Day 2 & if we don’t draft a CB on Day 1.

8. overseascardfan

overseascardfan Registered User

Agree to disagree.