Dan Quinn

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I actually like him. I think he would be better the 2nd time around. As long as VJ is sent packing, I’m fine with any of these options.
This is a great point actually. With Kiem and Kadbury gone it’s a win win already

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A defensive head coach whose defenses got worse every single year & never adjusted.

He’s only a step above Vance.
He's way above VJ, has VJ ever been the DC over a defense as good as "the legion of boom"? That was a rhetorical question btw lol. Trust me, I hate Seattle with all my might but that defense was elite. Dan Quinn also has the Dallas defense rolling. I'm not saying I want him as our HC, just posting the interview update. I will say I would rather have him over VJ any day of the week.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Isn't that what they said about Shanny?
I think Shanny was the only reason Quinn ever had success in Atlanta.

That being said someone needs to hire Quinn as their headcoach just to screw with the Cowboys. Quinn is way too good at being a defensive coordinator, it's absolutely absurd. First he made Muschamp look like a good college headcoach at Florida, then Legion of Boom, and now he's making McCarthy look competent again. It's just not fair for other teams to let him be a DC.

Now that I think about it, who we have at headcoach will matter a lot less if we are able to get some recently fired headcoaches to become coordinators for us.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
A defensive head coach whose defenses got worse every single year & never adjusted.

He’s only a step above Vance.
To be fair, Atlanta had personnel blunder after personnel blunder. It's hard to win when they had little defensive talent and the offense started getting old quickly.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair, Atlanta had personnel blunder after personnel blunder. It's hard to win when they had little defensive talent and the offense started getting old quickly.
But we’re not giving Vance Joseph this same pass though. Dan Quinn seems to be an obviously better DC than HC.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
There’s no question this dude can coach defense, he’s arguably/probably the best DC in the league. The question is what kind of plan he has for the offense. If it’s another McCoy type plan then no thanks.
McCoy is doing wonders with Trevor Lawrence. It's safe to say in hindsight, nobody was going to win with Rosen.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Cardinal fan complaining about the fashion he lost a prior Super Bowl, when the Super Bowl is not something this team remotely even gets too but a Cardinal fan is going to critique him there. Then people are trying to make a comparison to Vance Joseph, when one could argue he had the best defense in the NFL this year and it's not his fault he had a guy named Dak quarterbacking the other side of the ball. I am not too bullish on Quinn but some of the criticism of Dan Quinn here is hilarious

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinal fan complaining about the fashion he lost a prior Super Bowl, when the Super Bowl is not something this team remotely even gets too but a Cardinal fan is going to critique him there. Then people are trying to make a comparison to Vance Joseph, when one could argue he had the best defense in the NFL this year and it's not his fault he had a guy named Dak quarterbacking the other side of the ball. I am not too bullish on Quinn but some of the criticism of Dan Quinn here is hilarious
Good points. Regardless, including Peyton, who is hired (in his case it will be about 10%) a minimum of 30% of the group will not be satisfied. I feel the folks that surrounds the HC is a going to determine their success.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose