Damn proud of this team!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but then it turns into Paul+ Ayton and Bridges getting paid. Don’t forget we got to start paying guys here soon

Believe me, I choke on the price tag as well but I think it's as good as done. Why do you think I keep going back to the 2020 draft.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Believe me, I choke on the price tag as well but I think it's as good as done. Why do you think I keep going back to the 2020 draft.

well I think if anyone can develop Stix it’s this team and coaching staff. I think he’s going to be good

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm proud of this team even with the four game slide to conclude the 2020 season.
A young team like the Suns has to pay their dues. Bucks have experienced post
season heartbreak before this year. They were hungrier and knew how to deal
with a 2 game series deficit.

I'm betting this Finals loss will make the young core guys, especially Booker,
understand what it takes to win it all. Go Suns!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weren't you one of the people bashing me earlier in the season for claiming we still needed a legitimate starting power forward?
lol, no one on this board was more profoundly wrong about this team than you.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
lol, no one on this board was more profoundly wrong about this team than you.

In terms of overall potential, I admit you're correct here. In terms of certain specific issues (the need for another big, Jalen Smith being a long term project who is not ready to play in the NBA, the need for more rim protection and rebounding, the need for more strength and athleticism, Monty's struggles with in-game adjustments and time-out usage, the need for another wing who could create shots for himself and others), I believe I had a point.

Here I am merely pointing out that others are suddenly recognizing needs those very people trashed me for claiming the team had several months ago.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In terms of overall potential, I admit you're correct here. In terms of certain specific issues (the need for another big, Jalen Smith being a long term project who is not ready to play in the NBA, the need for more rim protection and rebounding, the need for more strength and athleticism, Monty's struggles with in-game adjustments and time-out usage, the need for another wing who could create shots for himself and others), I believe I had a point.

Here I am merely pointing out that others are suddenly recognizing needs those very people trashed me for claiming the team had several months ago.
No. You’re main problem was disguising uninformed hate for Cameron Johnson as “general criticisms”. Your “I told you so” holds very little weight here.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah but the context was always about whether we could make the playoffs or maybe win a game, not whether adding a good big man would make the difference in winning it all. You were predicting doom and gloom and declaring utter failure on JJ's fault for failing to fill every single hole, had you even once said "this is a good team, JJ did well but we still have weaknesses" you wouldn't have had a single disagreement on the subject.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

as late as late April you were talking about the Suns not just sliding in the standings but completely falling out of the PLAYOFFS ALTOGETHER.

and beating your chest about being right about not having enough beef up front wasnt some kind of Nostradamus take off brilliance. You had plenty of company banging that drum. Only difference was those people also could still see how good this team was despite the fatal flaw.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
as late as late April you were talking about the Suns not just sliding in the standings but completely falling out of the PLAYOFFS ALTOGETHER.

and beating your chest about being right about not having enough beef up front wasnt some kind of Nostradamus take off brilliance. You had plenty of company banging that drum. Only difference was those people also could still see how good this team was despite the fatal flaw.

Fair enough.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough.

Credit where it's due, you have been much better since you've been back. If you'd quit worrying about being proven right and receiving credit for things you said in the past then people wouldn't be so quick to point out what you got wrong as well. We all make predictions or guesses of how certain things might turn out but I've never seen anyone do so with such a desperate need to be acknowledged.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Credit where it's due, you have been much better since you've been back. If you'd quit worrying about being proven right and receiving credit for things you said in the past then people wouldn't be so quick to point out what you got wrong as well. We all make predictions or guesses of how certain things might turn out but I've never seen anyone do so with such a desperate need to be acknowledged.

whyalwaysme gave him a pretty good run for his money.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No one claimed the team was perfect, hell, no one claimed the team was an eyelash away from a title… yet, that is what they were. Meanwhile you were proclaiming we wouldn’t make the playoffs at all more than halfway through the season. You would proclaim the team was in disarray after a bad quarter, then vanish when we’d win the same game by 20.

THAT is what people were bashing you for.

If the team has listened to your histrionics they would have traded Paul for a run of expired Mayo during the preseason.