Damn proud of this team!!

lorenzotexan

Reaction score
How can you call the Bucks underachieving when they just won the championship? That's ridiculous. They have a former coach of the year, a 2x MVP who is also a former DPOY, and a solid supporting cast around him with plenty of individual accolades of their own. They've been title favorites the last few years and they came up short because of a lack of experience. They got that and finally got the hump. They aren't underachieving.
I agree, I find your posts very positive. The Suns and their fans have every reason to hold their head high and should feel great about their future of getting back to the finals and winning. Booker is a real superstar that can carry a team on his back when it comes to scoring big points in big games and he is surrounded by a great cast.

and one does not simply defend giannis when he is making free throws and jumpers. I know it sucks to be on the wrong side, but you simply tip your cap to that man. I went through this very thing in 06 with Dallas when we were so close to winning game 3 to go up 3-0, but lost a double digit lead in the fourth quarter of that game and then lost 3 straight afterward. D-wade was on another planet in those finals and the heat were just so much better in that moment. 2-0 leads don’t mean a lot until you win game 3 to go up 3-0. Those are close to 100%.

is it just me or were there a lot of 2-0 leads that were overcome in these playoffs?

Last edited:

Larry Schweikart

Free Agent
Reaction score
If at the beginning of the season someone said we'd make it to the finals and lose I think almost all suns fans would have taken that to the bank...cheerfully. I know perceptions and expectations changed over the course of the season and even more so over the playoffs but we have to remember where we started in all this which is pretty much ground zero. I mean we went from being the joke of the league to being within two games of winning it all. That is pretty damn amazing and now we have next season to look forward to. Expectations are high baby!
I know I would have.

As a fan of more than 50 years, I can tell you I finally thought we might have a chance. But I grew very concerned in the Hairdresser series because I saw what the "Jordan Rules" would look like against this team. I won't call them soft. They had great courage and worked very hard. I just think we need about 2 more real enforcer type defenders. If you look at the Detroit Pistons great teams, they had no fewer than five great defenders. The question is whether by probably losing Payne & possibly Paul in the off seasons we can re-tool with the right chemistry. Ayton was wonderful, but he has to get better---stronger, tougher, but not lose his quickness.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bucks were the better team. Giannis was unbelievable. He had a historic finals. IMO their coach repeatedly outcoached Monty. So my hats off to them. They deserve credit. I don't feel this Finals was stolen from us for a microsecond. Having said that 99% of the population (outside of Perkins) didn't call the Suns getting this far. They were fun to watch during the season and IMO grew so much during the playoffs. More than I could have imagined. Gets some rest, let James Jones go to work and lets go at it again.

lorenzotexan

Reaction score
The Bucks were the better team. Giannis was unbelievable. He had a historic finals. IMO their coach repeatedly outcoached Monty. So my hats off to them. They deserve credit. I don't feel this Finals was stolen from us for a microsecond. Having said that 99% of the population (outside of Perkins) didn't call the Suns getting this far. They were fun to watch during the season and IMO grew so much during the playoffs. More than I could have imagined. Gets some rest, let James Jones go to work and lets go at it again.
I just saw the video of Monty in the Bucks locker room giving them a congratulatory speech. Absolute class and rare, honestly I can't say that I've seen that before...I would love it if the Mavs had Monty at HC! Suns are in good hands.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
How can you call the Bucks underachieving when they just won the championship? That's ridiculous. They have a former coach of the year, a 2x MVP who is also a former DPOY, and a solid supporting cast around him with plenty of individual accolades of their own. They've been title favorites the last few years and they came up short because of a lack of experience. They got that and finally got the hump. They aren't underachieving.

Obviously the Bucks were underachievers until they shed that label at OUR expense. You listed all of those accolades yet they weren’t able to win anything until we gagged away a 2-0 Finals lead. Maybe I should have said previously underachieving but I figured that was implied.

My point was that losing this series in 6 games to a team that hadn’t won anything when all we had to do was win 2 of the next 5 after going up 2-0 but instead we ended up getting reverse swept doesn’t somehow equate to “making it farther” than teams that lost in 6 to the Bulls and Celtics dynasties.

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
Changes will be contingent on CP3's asking price. He's player option, or re-signing, or does he bolt? Sign and trade?

pokerface

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Obviously the Bucks were underachievers until they shed that label at OUR expense. You listed all of those accolades yet they weren’t able to win anything until we gagged away a 2-0 Finals lead. Maybe I should have said previously underachieving but I figured that was implied.

My point was that losing this series in 6 games to a team that hadn’t won anything when all we had to do was win 2 of the next 5 after going up 2-0 but instead we ended up getting reverse swept doesn’t somehow equate to “making it farther” than teams that lost in 6 to the Bulls and Celtics dynasties.
All we had to do is win the next two out of five and da da da...Hey they had the reigning 2x MVP that was playing out of his mind. I really don't even know what your point is. We didn't make the playoffs last year...now we're choke artists after making the finals?? Cripe...

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
All we had to do is win the next two out of five and da da da...Hey they had the reigning 2x MVP that was playing out of his mind. I really don't even know what your point is. We didn't make the playoffs last year...now we're choke artists after making the finals?? Cripe...

Read all of my posts in the thread and you will see the single point I have been making.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Also, in this day and age of all or nothing style debates I’d just like to say it’s ok to say that the Suns virtually came out of nowhere and had a great year and a surprising playoff run that was a ton of fun, AND it ended with them choking away a 2 game lead in the Finals. Both things can be true.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, in this day and age of all or nothing style debates I’d just like to say it’s ok to say that the Suns virtually came out of nowhere and had a great year and a surprising playoff run that was a ton of fun, AND it ended with them choking away a 2 game lead in the Finals. Both things can be true.

I wish the word choke or "choking" wasn't used. It implies the Bucks were not deserving.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Suns' loss is the finals was painful, but it does not take away from the rest of the season. They went from being the joke of the NBA for ten years to being the Western Conference champs. They gained confidence, they gained experience, and those are things that young teams need.

At the start of the season, I would have been happy to have the Suns make the first round of playoffs interesting, and downright thrilled if they made it to the second round.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I just had the feeling we were playing with house money this whole postseason and it made the ride more fun. I was so attached to this year’s squad. I’ve never been a CP fan but admittedly he won me over. I’m glad Book got on this stage and I hope all those more consistent flashes we saw of DA become even more consistent. Bridges, both Cam’s, Craig. Oh man…so much fun. Sucks the way it ended but I’ll take this hurt over 20 wins a year hurt for years in end.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really proud of the 2020-21 Suns. Losing a championship hurt but anyone who has followed this team from the beginning of the season didn't expect them to play in the Finals. They were so close to fulfilling a dream but I cherish them for what they are.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm just so depressed today......

I'll be delighted with the playoffs next week probably. After winning the first two, the disappointment of getting swept out of the series was not something I could have imagined.

Giannis was amazing. We have never had the best player in the finals...... And we don't have a sheer force of nature like Giannis or Chuck this time. And team basketball got really hard when we were pulled in to the deep grass. The shots are much tougher and more contested in the Finals.