Damn proud of this team!!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Suns' loss is the finals was painful, but it does not take away from the rest of the season. They went from being the joke of the NBA for ten years to being the Western Conference champs. They gained confidence, they gained experience, and those are things that young teams need.

At the start of the season, I would have been happy to have the Suns make the first round of playoffs interesting, and downright thrilled if they made it to the second round.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I just had the feeling we were playing with house money this whole postseason and it made the ride more fun. I was so attached to this year’s squad. I’ve never been a CP fan but admittedly he won me over. I’m glad Book got on this stage and I hope all those more consistent flashes we saw of DA become even more consistent. Bridges, both Cam’s, Craig. Oh man…so much fun. Sucks the way it ended but I’ll take this hurt over 20 wins a year hurt for years in end.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm really proud of the 2020-21 Suns. Losing a championship hurt but anyone who has followed this team from the beginning of the season didn't expect them to play in the Finals. They were so close to fulfilling a dream but I cherish them for what they are.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm just so depressed today......

I'll be delighted with the playoffs next week probably. After winning the first two, the disappointment of getting swept out of the series was not something I could have imagined.

Giannis was amazing. We have never had the best player in the finals...... And we don't have a sheer force of nature like Giannis or Chuck this time. And team basketball got really hard when we were pulled in to the deep grass. The shots are much tougher and more contested in the Finals.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I love this team for giving my family an incredible escape for months during a really scary time, but I’m tired of being proud of teams that don’t win titles.
That seems to be our fate my friend. I'm not a Dbacks fan so this really is my curse I guess.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this team for giving my family an incredible escape for months during a really scary time, but I’m tired of being proud of teams that don’t win titles.
I get what you're saying but I look at it slightly differently. I'm not tired of being proud and happy over a team like the one we had this year - I'm just tired of there not being a championship team that we could also be proud of.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get what you're saying but I look at it slightly differently. I'm not tired of being proud and happy over a team like the one we had this year - I'm just tired of there not being a championship team that we could also be proud of.

it goes a little deeper on this one, though.... especially in the cold light of day.

we were favorites going into the series. We were OVERWHELMING favorites after taking a 2-0 lead. Snd then we just looked pretty bad for four straight games. That reality, and it is reality, is starting to sting a little more today than it did last night.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Today i feel happy and sad.... weird combo

Thrilled suns made to finals sad super sad suns blew 2 0 that book strip in 4th at home was the fing dagger... if book isnt stripped think suns win so unfortunate

Suns desperately need size to contend deep in poffs next yr with or without paul

Give cp3 1 more shot i say... and f foster!!! Lol ugh ugh

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That seems to be our fate my friend. I'm not a Dbacks fan so this really is my curse I guess.
I like whats cards are building murray hop watt simmons.... good future i think lol... but its cards so....

Suns i have more faith in ugh getting title make good run next yr

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
it goes a little deeper on this one, though.... especially in the cold light of day.

we were favorites going into the series. We were OVERWHELMING favorites after taking a 2-0 lead. Snd then we just looked pretty bad for four straight games. That reality, and it is reality, is starting to sting a little more today than it did last night.

That "pretty bad" is what we can expect moving forward if we don't bring back CP3 or find a suitable replacement for him...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve come to terms with it a day later but man we have been the joke of the NBA for the last 10 years.

remember starting the season getting blown out by 40 every night that wasn’t that long ago and here we are today with about as bright a future as any team in the NBA.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
5 or 6 plays from a championship...yeah we lost 4 in a row but 3 games came down to a handful of plays...against a big...strong ...team that just happens to have the best player on the planet. We need a badazz power forward...how we get one? I dont know

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
5 or 6 plays from a championship...yeah we lost 4 in a row but 3 games came down to a handful of plays...against a big...strong ...team that just happens to have the best player on the planet. We need a badazz power forward...how we get one? I dont know

Weren't you one of the people bashing me earlier in the season for claiming we still needed a legitimate starting power forward?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Weren't you one of the people bashing me earlier in the season for claiming we still needed a legitimate starting power forward?
No because we need a starting PF
Only the 897 other things you said was wrong with the team

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team went from bottom feeders to top of the heap in a season, basically. Its not the Nash Suns who kept coming up short against the Spurs or Barkley Suns that couldn't get passed Houston. I'd like to see them get another go at it before changing it drastically.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team went from bottom feeders to top of the heap in a season, basically. Its not the Nash Suns who kept coming up short against the Spurs or Barkley Suns that couldn't get passed Houston. I'd like to see them get another go at it before changing it drastically.

without a doubt. This is a team you ADD to, not break apart. And anyone who thinks getting rid of a 2nd Team All-NBA PG who was also 5th in MVP voting isn’t breaking the team apart is drinking drano.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
without a doubt. This is a team you ADD to, not break apart. And anyone who thinks getting rid of a 2nd Team All-NBA PG who was also 5th in MVP voting isn’t breaking the team apart is drinking drano.

nobody is saying get rid of Paul the argument is if he opts out and wants a giant raise then you have business decisions that need to be made for the future of the team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nobody is saying get rid of Paul the argument is if he opts out and wants a giant raise then you have business decisions that need to be made for the future of the team.

Paul will want to be paid no doubt about it but I think he is willing to spread out his salary over years. I can't envision him wanting less than around $100 million over three years.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul will want to be paid no doubt about it but I think he is willing to spread out his salary over years. I can't envision him wanting less than around $100 million over three years.

but then it turns into Paul+ Ayton and Bridges getting paid. Don’t forget we got to start paying guys here soon

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose