DA will have a breakout game against OAK

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Oh ok gotcha just a small part of you would like to see us lose. Got it. ;)

Ok let me clean this up. I hope DA makes Whis' decision to move on to a different QB easy by having a horrible game. But I hope our D wins this one for us. So lets say DA goes for 7 of 31, 2 INTs and 0 TD. But THT and Beanie each have a rushing TD and the D scores on a DRC INT. How about a final score of 24-10 Cards win due to great special teams play and a strong defensive showing. Does that sound better? :D

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt DA has a break out game this early in the season. Too many moving parts on the O for it to run at a high performance level yet. I expect to see improvement and enough that the Cards win, if the D plays to their capability.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
im hoping for a totally different kind of break out. Because the one assumed in the title will never happen.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"breakout" seems to indicate that he gets good and stays good. I don't think that's going to happen. He might have a big game against the Raiders, but it's a 50/50 proposition (almost the same odds that he completes any given pass). The Raiders have a decent defense and may be changing their gameplan from the traditional long-ball offense for a more ball-control offense with Gradkowski under center.

cardsloco

Registered
Reaction score
I don't want him to be good, I will settle with average. I agree his MO is to have a decent effort about now. This is the tease that he is, and that has kept him in the NFL to this point. I think this is the week, and we get the win with Anderson looking fairly competent.

That being said, next week he will revert to his usual self and it will take the defense to bail us out.:sad:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Derek Anderson's stat line from a 2009 game against the Oakland Raiders:

8 of 17 for 121 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs. :barf:

The Browns won 23 to 9 at home after Jerome Harrison rushed for 148 yards and a TD and Bruce Gradkowski threw 3 INTs.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Derek Anderson's stat line from a 2009 game against the Oakland Raiders:

8 of 17 for 121 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs. :barf:

The Browns won 23 to 9 at home after Jerome Harrison rushed for 148 yards and a TD and Bruce Gradkowski threw 3 INTs.

Ill take it :D

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok let me clean this up. I hope DA makes Whis' decision to move on to a different QB easy by having a horrible game. But I hope our D wins this one for us. So lets say DA goes for 7 of 31, 2 INTs and 0 TD. But THT and Beanie each have a rushing TD and the D scores on a DRC INT. How about a final score of 24-10 Cards win due to great special teams play and a strong defensive showing. Does that sound better? :D

Oh ok. If DA goes out and throws for 20-30 for 320 yards with zero INT's and 3 TD's and we win you will be mad. Got ya. ;)

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
Im all for it...and I'm not going to stop at just DA...Darnell Dockett is out for blood sukkas.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If DA threw for 300 and 3 TD's with no picks I think the whole world would be shocked! I will just be happy if he can manage to get the ball to our guys and not theirs. Is it too much to ask from your QB to throw the ball to guys on your team? Maybe.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No that is not exactly what I am saying. What I said was I am conflicted. I have never wanted to see a Cardinals player fail, but everything in me says "DA sucks and is going to keep on sucking" . So to me it is very hard to want him to do enough to tease Whis into sticking with him, because I believe ultimately he is going to suck alot more than he plays well. So a little part of me would rather he be who I believe he is and force Whis' hand a little.

But that's based on you and your perceptions. Whis is actually the coach. I'm with you in thinking that DA sucks, but where we differ is that I'm still hoping beyond belief that Whis and Miller can turn this dude around and make a decent quarterback. Your faith is in your own belief, mine is in others.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Breaston and or Williams have good games. I figure Oakland will put Asomugha on Fitz as much as they can.

The Raiders pass defense has been good so far, and they have 6 sacks, but their run defense numbers are skewed by Chris Johnson's big run against them.

Nnamdi never leaves the left side of the field (from the D's perspective), they don't play him like Revis and have him follow the other teams #1. So, we just need to put Williams on Nnamdi's side and let him suffer while Fitz eats up whatever corner is unfortunate enough to be lined up against him. The only thing DA has going in his favor is that we are playing our home opener so the nest should be rockin, Oakland's pass D is very solid.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did breakout. 2 td passes. Career high as a cardinal :)

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
I think you got Peggy when making that call man.Leave it to Nostradomis next time.DA is swirling the bottom of the drain if you can't see it.Its embarrassing Whiz has eye patches on,along with his pride.:(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson