Cursed or Not, you decide!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Since the Cardinals arrived, let us use this thread to list the major hits this team has suffered...

I'll start the list, please add one impact at a time.

Cardinals are 7-4 leading the East.

Neil Lomax goes down with a hip injury and never plays again...

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
We'll the Cubs have the Billy Goat Curse
The Red Sox have the Curse of the Bambino
The White Sox have the curse of the Black Sox Scandal....

I guess we have to give the trophy regarding the 1925 championship to the Pottsville Maroons in order to relieve our curse

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
THIS will be an interesting thread

Having been a Cards' fan since 67' I've seen alot over the tears, uh, years. BUT I DON"T BELIEVE IN THE CURSE!! For years we've had a 'losers' attitude/image which was mostly the result of poor front office decisions. Especially on draft day. EX: Roy Green, one of our "BEST" players ever, was an "accident".(Originally drafted as a DB.) ...And our "head" coaches were nothing more than asst. maybe's/wannabee's. ...And the attitude in the locker-room was sour because the Cards were ALWAYS tight w/their $$; and we've been a "farm-team" for the rest of the teams in the NFL for years. Well, ALL that has changed. We NOW have a head coach that's respected; an A-rated recent draft; and MOST importantly a front office that seems willing to produce a winner. So, YES, the recent injuries are a setback--BUT I say SCREW THE CURSE!! WINNERS FIND A WAY TO WIN!! PERIOD!!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't believe in cursed franchises myself...and being a Cubs fan you would think I would. I happen to believe a franchise makes it's bed and ends up sleeping in it. Alot of decisions made seem to be the right ones and just do not pan out like planned. In other cases monumental choke jobs happen but again, that is just one of those things.

Just line up and do your job and let the chips fall where they may. If everyone does their job (from ownership down to the lockerroom attendant) the way it is supposed to be done, winning happens...no matter what the sport.

I don't buy the curse concept.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Curse? No. Bad luck, Yes. If we can hold it together till Quan gets back I think we will be fine.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CardNots said:
Since the Cardinals arrived, let us use this thread to list the major hits this team has suffered...

I'll start the list, please add one impact at a time.

Cardinals are 7-4 leading the East.

Neil Lomax goes down with a hip injury and never plays again...

I felt that way after Rosenbach blew out his ACL, but I agree with others it's bad luck that's it.

Quan is a great player and a great kid, that's why this is so devastating to us, but it happens to all teams. Think Rams fans weren't crushed in '99 when Trent Green tore his knee up in a preseason game and all they had behind him is some ex arena league QB?

We're paying Fitz a TON of money, we're paying Johnson like a first rounder, we keep hearing how good Gilmore, Kasper etc are. As someone said the other day, these guys need to step up and play well while Quan is out.

seesred

Reaction score
I agree with no curse. It does seam that way sometimes, but as others have said teams make thier own luck by having good people in key positions. I think with Green, Graves and Michael Bidwill we will be very good in short order. We have a new wonderfull stadium coming up before you know it.

Does it hurt when you lose a Shipp or The top or near the top of the whole NFL reciever..You bet it does. But just like Miami they still plan to be in the playoffs, becuase that's what the Dolphins do. We have to be in that same mode, that we will go to the playoffs becuase that's what the Cardinals do, they find a way.

GBR

chickenhead

Reaction score
I think curses are reserved for a series of heartbreaking blows to what would otherwise be contending seasons. We're not even close to that yet.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
I don't believe in cursed franchises myself...and being a Cubs fan you would think I would. I happen to believe a franchise makes it's bed and ends up sleeping in it. Alot of decisions made seem to be the right ones and just do not pan out like planned. In other cases monumental choke jobs happen but again, that is just one of those things.

Just line up and do your job and let the chips fall where they may. If everyone does their job (from ownership down to the lockerroom attendant) the way it is supposed to be done, winning happens...no matter what the sport.

I don't buy the curse concept.

You don't believe in curses? Hard not to, after the complete and utter collapse of the Cubs on the seemingly innocent play last year in the NLCS. I told my father, completely and unequivocably, that the series was over at that point. He told me I was crazy. After watching the series finish, he didn't think I was crazy any more.

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
Stout said:
You don't believe in curses? Hard not to, after the complete and utter collapse of the Cubs on the seemingly innocent play last year in the NLCS. I told my father, completely and unequivocably, that the series was over at that point. He told me I was crazy. After watching the series finish, he didn't think I was crazy any more.
no cubs curse, but mental weakness. had the SS cleanly fielded the ball, they would have turned a double play, ending the inning. It was an error, and primarily mental. had nothing to DO with the team, just one frazzled player's inability to cope... over a foul ball...

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WE'RE CURSED! WE'RE CURSED! WE'RE CURSED!

:runs for the hills:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For the Cards to have sucked for decades on decades, it's gotta be a jinx. the tragadies are endless for the Cards, hopefully Green makes this team man up and earn there paycheck.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gnomad said:
no cubs curse, but mental weakness. had the SS cleanly fielded the ball, they would have turned a double play, ending the inning. It was an error, and primarily mental. had nothing to DO with the team, just one frazzled player's inability to cope... over a foul ball...

The foul ball was only meanigful in the sense that prior to that moment, I believe the FLA players felt beaten...felt it slipping away. They all of a sudden, they got new life and conversely the Cubs had it in hand and felt it was theirs and the emotional wind was taken out by the foul ball and they lost focus. Wasn't a curse or Bartman, the Cubs plain f'd up after that and didn't calm themselves down.

Then FLA took it away. It happens and using the curse as en excuse cannot justify the years of horrible playing and inept front office moves.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson