Crazy Talk: Edge's trade value

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Well it's just an idea. Of course there is no way it would happen.

But what if the Cardinals traded Edge for O-Line help. It seems Arrington could definatley fill in for him.

I've always thought JJ was a solid runner, he just needed to hit the holes (That he didn't get) harder and quit moving horizontally, rather move vertically on the field.

What is Edge's trade value in this league now though? Could we at least get something to make it worth thinking about?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be shocked if we were able to obtain a third rounder for Edge.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We could have traded with the Cardinals, Edge for Leonard Davis straight up.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 years ago the Colts wanted a 2nd rounder and got no takers. 2 years later the way this year is playing out, pretty low I'd say.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 years ago the Colts wanted a 2nd rounder and got no takers. 2 years later the way this year is playing out, pretty low I'd say.

Dont forget his contract! That drops him a few more rounds.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We could have traded with the Cardinals, Edge for Leonard Davis straight up.

Why would we want to do that? If the going rate is a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Big, why not just trade Big?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont forget his contract! That drops him a few more rounds.

His contract is not that bad anymore. 3 more years, 15 total if I am right? Most of the cap hit was on us in bonuses, that is, unless we are talking about trading him now.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I dont know--

for a team that thinks its a solid RB away from SB contention -- say a Philly or even a NY Giants post Tiki -- you may get a second.

Part of the lack of interest was the huge cap hit you would take by trading for him -- well the Cards with the way they structured the deal took a big chunk of the cap hit this season.

A team could get a very solid back for a fairly reasonable cap amount.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know--

for a team that thinks its a solid RB away from SB contention -- say a Philly or even a NY Giants post Tiki -- you may get a second.

Part of the lack of interest was the huge cap hit you would take by trading for him -- well the Cards with the way they structured the deal took a big chunk of the cap hit this season.

A team could get a very solid back for a fairly reasonable cap amount.

The Giants are supposedly targetting Michael Turner according to what Mortenson said after Tiki announced his retirement.

But yeah that's the pipedream, some team like that makes an offer for edge.

But to do that, you better play JJ more this year so you're sure he's your guy. Otherwise I still say we're sitting there on draft day with Peterson or Lynch on the board and a trade offer for Edge it's awfully hard not to draft the RB, and trade Edge.

Won't happen though. AS soon as I read Marshawn loves Cal and may be back I thought you're not fooling me, he was at the Cards/Raiders game on Sunday, it dawned on him if he comes out he may have to play for one of those teams, and he is suddenly thinking college isn't so bad.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Giants are supposedly targetting Michael Turner according to what Mortenson said after Tiki announced his retirement.

But yeah that's the pipedream, some team like that makes an offer for edge.

But to do that, you better play JJ more this year so you're sure he's your guy. Otherwise I still say we're sitting there on draft day with Peterson or Lynch on the board and a trade offer for Edge it's awfully hard not to draft the RB, and trade Edge.

Won't happen though. AS soon as I read Marshawn loves Cal and may be back I thought you're not fooling me, he was at the Cards/Raiders game on Sunday, it dawned on him if he comes out he may have to play for one of those teams, and he is suddenly thinking college isn't so bad.

If that scenerio happens, I still would be pissed, as it would be the typical Cards response to the running game.

"If the running game aint working, it must be the back" philosophy is getting tiring to no end. If you trade Edge, trade him for a lineman, or a pick and use that pick on a lineman. ANYTHING else is a complete waste.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would we want to do that? If the going rate is a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Big, why not just trade Big?

Just because it would be cool to trade Big for Edge on the same team...since nobody else wants either of them. We can trade them to ourselves and people can say we did something.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because it would be cool to trade Big for Edge on the same team...since nobody else wants either of them. We can trade them to ourselves and people can say we did something.

Plus we have all the caproom to absorb both caphits.

I like it.