Crabtree signed

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Even if they run a lot of plays they will be keeping the same personnel on offense the whole drive. Swapping out means the defense also gets to which ruins the point of running no huddle. You want to wear down the D not shuffling WR which in turn the D can shuffle their front 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh, last i checked when our defense comes on the field our offense comes off. When the offense goes back in there’s no rule it has to be the same wrs. I guess you’ve never watched any modern college football bc in their hurry up they use a lot of wrs.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Eh I’m pretty sure kk has already been quoted as saying, and multiple players have been quoted as saying, they’re going to play fast to get in a lot of plays. So you can take your “B.S.” and shove it.

A little testy? Aren’t we?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Look i get it. I was one of the original darksiders. When you see something that worries you, it worries you. I’ve just never seen anyone on this board so worried about so many rookies (I mean it’s now kyler and all three wrs, right?) before they’ve even played a preseason game!
- Kirk
I think he's a keeper, but we have drafted three guys to play his position, and arguably, two of the three draftees are guys designed to play his best role, in the slot. Fitz arguably holds him back from playing where he's most dangerous too. He's the last of my worries though, I really like the kid.

- Rookies taking the field
Yeah, it took a long time, and right now it looks like that might happen again?

- Placeholder
What position does a "placeholder" have on a team that is basically starting from scratch?

I'm not worried about the rookies, I'm worried this team doesn't actually have a direction, and Keim is trying to do anything he can to cling onto his gig as long as he can.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His numbers weren't terrible last year with Lamar Jackson throwing to him. He'll be a fine #3 option. Sure beats the hell out of what we brought in last year during the middle of the season.
He dropped like a thousand balls last year, though. Hell, he dropped 6 in one game against Cleveland.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
- Kirk
I think he's a keeper, but we have drafted three guys to play his position, and arguably, two of the three draftees are guys designed to play his best role, in the slot. Fitz arguably holds him back from playing where he's most dangerous too. He's the last of my worries though, I really like the kid.

- Rookies taking the field
Yeah, it took a long time, and right now it looks like that might happen again?

- Placeholder
What position does a "placeholder" have on a team that is basically starting from scratch?

I'm not worried about the rookies, I'm worried this team doesn't actually have a direction, and Keim is trying to do anything he can to cling onto his gig as long as he can.

Eh I think the offense has two slots so not worried about snaps for fitz Kirk. Isabella likely to get snaps there too but that’s fine. I think Keesh doesn’t need to be a slot.

Most teams try not to count on rookies or throw them in the deep end if they can help. So I’m good with a placeholder to let them get experience in bite size morsels.

Can’t argue with the last paragraph. I’m no Keim lover.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are really unhappy about this? But you want to depend on Kevin white or something?

We have Fitz, Kirk and dj. Add in Crabtree and we can keep all 3 rookies on the roster.

Now you have one of the all time greats, a young stud 2nd year player, an above average veteran that you know what you get and can depend on, 3 rookies you are grooming and rotating in and whoever shows they are worth the 7th slot.

I have zero attachment to sherfield, white, Byrd, or Williams and will HAPPILY take Crabtree over all of them.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not full on replacement, but these guys need snaps. @wa52lz said the discussion was about outside WRs besides Kevin White, so are we looking at a roster where our four wide is Crabtree, White, Fitz, and Kirk? That excludes most of the rookie WRs for any meaningful play.

Sure, White could be cut, Crabtree could be bad and be cut, but right now we're talking about our three rookie draft picks coming in on 5 wide plays or to spell someone else. Just another concerning wtf move to me.
Replace white with keesean

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Eh I think the offense has two slots so not worried about snaps for fitz Kirk. Isabella likely to get snaps there too but that’s fine. I think Keesh doesn’t need to be a slot.

Most teams try not to count on rookies or throw them in the deep end if they can help. So I’m good with a placeholder to let them get experience in bite size morsels.

Can’t argue with the last paragraph. I’m no Keim lover.

I agree with the bold, but when your entire strategy involves throwing everything you had before into the garbage can, drafting a rookie QB, and blowing your draft on a totally revamped offense, maybe own it.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People are really unhappy about this? But you want to depend on Kevin white or something?

We have Fitz, Kirk and dj. Add in Crabtree and we can keep all 3 rookies on the roster.

Now you have one of the all time greats, a young stud 2nd year player, an above average veteran that you know what you get and can depend on, 3 rookies you are grooming and rotating in and whoever shows they are worth the 7th slot.

I have zero attachment to sherfield, white, Byrd, or Williams and will HAPPILY take Crabtree over all of them.

Crabtree is washed & has the worst hands in the league. He’s not a “above-average” veteran anymore & no you cannot depend on his play.

How the hell you get dropped from a team who actually needs WR help more than we do?

I’d much, & I mean MUCH rather see Sherfield or even Byrd on the field before him.

No more washed up veterans.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Replace white with keesean

Keesean is a 5th round pick. Yeah, he sounds like he's playing great. But is this really your answer?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I can't participate in a single thread without someone asserting that our wild, out of left field choices, or 5th-6th round draft picks, are going to be true difference makers.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I agree with the bold, but when your entire strategy involves throwing everything you had before into the garbage can, drafting a rookie QB, and blowing your draft on a totally revamped offense, maybe own it.

Are you suggesting the team shouldn’t be looking at free agent WR’s and solely go with their draft picks??

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crabtree is washed & has the worst hands in the league. He’s not a “above-average” veteran anymore & no you cannot depend on his play.

How the hell you get dropped from a team who actually needs WR help more than we do?

I’d much, & I mean MUCH rather see Sherfield or even Byrd on the field before him.

No more washed up veterans.
Didn't he have 600/700 yards last year and like 60 catches? You won't take that out of your #3?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keesean is a 5th round pick. Yeah, he sounds like he's playing great. But is this really your answer?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I can't participate in a single thread without someone asserting that our wild, out of left field choices, or 5th-6th round draft picks, are going to be true difference makers.
I'd rather him than white. White has been in the NFL like 4 years and I have more stats than him

Crabtree is likely instantly our #3. You'd prefer white? Sherfield? Byrd? Really?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Didn't he have 600/700 yards last year and like 60 catches? You won't take that out of your #3?

And that was with Jackson at QB, who as we know, was/is a run-first QB and as a rookie, was not nearly as effecting when throwing as Flacco was...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that was with Jackson at QB, who as we know, was/is a run-first QB and as a rookie, was not nearly as effecting when throwing as Flacco was...
It's a no brainier signing. Fitz and Kirk are our wrs. Everyone else is trying to prove they are dependable.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How quickly everyone forgets last year and how we literally had 3 guys with hands on the entire team and one got injured.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The guy had 9 drops last year & 30+ overall since 2015. I don’t care what his lame stats look like, especially from a team that’s in dire need of WR help & has been for a while longer than us let him go.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t blame Lamar when he was dropping passes from Flacco & Carr before then.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Are you suggesting the team shouldn’t be looking at free agent WR’s and solely go with their draft picks??
Yes, that's exactly what I'm suggesting. Before this news dropped a whopping 5 hours ago, were you saying we should replace our fresh draft picks with veterans?

Especially considering the relative cost of a veteran receiver to a rookie.

I'd rather him than white. White has been in the NFL like 4 years and I have more stats than him

Crabtree is likely instantly our #3. You'd prefer white? Sherfield? Byrd? Really?

White's a low-cost, low-risk, high-ceiling player, on a team that isn't going to win much. This has nothing to do with Crabtree, though. I'd rather the guy we invested our #13, 3rd rounder, and 5th rounder from 2017 in wasn't so bad and hurt that we felt we needed to sign a guy no one else wanted to play significant snaps.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crabtree being WR3 almost as infuriating as McCoy being hired as OC.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
How quickly everyone forgets last year and how we literally had 3 guys with hands on the entire team and one got injured.

I'm not forgetting, nor did the Cardinals, it's why we drafted 3 players at the position.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly what I'm suggesting. Before this news dropped a whopping 5 hours ago, were you saying we should replace our fresh draft picks with veterans?

Especially considering the relative cost of a veteran receiver to a rookie.

I wasn’t saying anything about what the team should or shouldn’t do... We haven’t even played a preseason game yet! But if Keim & Co feel that they need to add to our WR ranks, I’m not gonna second guess them at this stage...
For all we know, their plan all along could’ve been to draft the rooks AND find a veteran Keim-Time signing to allow the rooks the chance to learn and develop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave