Crabtree has been cut

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct. My dead money for Crabtree was incorrect.

1.75M Salary + .5M Signing bonus + .1875M roster bonus = $2.4375M of 2019 Dead Cap Money

Although he was on the Roster for 3 games so call it a cool $2M of dead cap money for 2019

The Cardinals are really good at this dead money stuff.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You are correct. My dead money for Crabtree was incorrect.

1.75M Salary + .5M Signing bonus + .1875M roster bonus = $2.4375M of 2019 Dead Cap Money

Although he was on the Roster for 3 games so call it a cool $2M of dead cap money for 2019
Even if you are right with your numbers it is for 2019, which makes this a pointless argument. You clearly just want to bash the team relentlessly.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I advocate for freedom of expression. And also the right to counter those comments if you disagree with them. But I think the negativity rampant on this board isn't helpful - takes the fun out of being a (for better or worse) Cardinal rooter and certainly doesn't do much to improve team culture.

For example: It's equally as hardass but more constructive to post a zinger about Olsen being wide open in the end zone than it is to take repeated cheap shots at Keim.

Hey I had a great zinger about Olsen in the game day thread!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The lack of a plan is evident. Keim is just flailing around hoping to get a signing right.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
38 million is 20% of the 188 million salary cap.

We are working with 80% of what other teams get to field a competitive football team because of Steve Keim.

Add that to his abysmal drafting and you get.. 38-20 against a backup at home.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was really surprised that they cut Crabtree. He wasn't the problem yesterday and he's only had two games. Must be more to this than they are letting on. I never thought he had much left but am surprised they cut him so soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I don't think it has anything to do with what was the problem yesterday i think as someone else said they've decided we're not very good this year. So it makes no sense to play a guy like Crabtree over young Wrs. Larry is a legend, and a guy who apparently is like another coach to the guys on the team, I've never heard anybody talk about Crabtree in that light.

It's not necessarily he's a bad guy just there's no point playing him over the younger guys who we need to develop and evaluate them.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I thought he was worth a look see - my bad, that’s like the least of Keim sins

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I thought he was worth a look see - my bad, that’s like the least of Keim sins
Worth a look, but use some savvy with a contract on a flier. Keim has the sophistication of a light switch.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Worth a look, but use some savvy with a contract on a flier. Keim has the sophistication of a light switch.
He’s had some good late signs like that to be fair, this is a miss! Yea I see some positives - would be better if we practiced and executed (without a bunch of holding penalties) a gosh darned run attack and balanced game plan. Taking pressure off the oline, defense and special teams. I’m a broken record on a broken fan base.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe they were always planning on getting rid of Crabtree. Could we have been one of the few teams that contacted Antonio's reps? Obviously once he started acting super crazy its likely a no....but they still decided to move on from Crabtree. Just will find another quicker/faster wr. Whoever that is.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d seemingly have to get a new Jersey every week at this point

Just get removable numbers (Velcro). Maybe we can pitch the idea to the NFL Shop? And, we can have a portion of the proceeds go towards Keim creating more Dead Money fund. :clapping:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
His signing made little sense at the time. Good thing the Bidwills have money to burn I guess.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson