Crabtree has been cut

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was against this signing from the start. Our FO is in full desperation mode at this point.

Oh, yeah. And it adds another half million in dead cap space, which means we are now over $36 mm in that department.

#keimtime

Edit: Look like $1.75 mm of his salary was guaranteed after Week 1, so it is actually $2.25 mm in dead cap money. Keim spends money like an irresponsible 18-year-old who just got their first credit card.

At this rate we may just have to start fielding PS players for league minimum to keep the lights on.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hated this signing. Not a fan of Crabtree at all.

Wonder what he did or didn't do that caused the Cards to pull the plug so quickly?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
.................................. I wonder why we slways have dead money?

This organization is a joke. I would call them the Same Ol' Cardinals but that would be an insult to the Same Ol' Cardinals.

#firekeim

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy
Dead money? This wont cost them dead money so there is that.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hated this signing. Not a fan of Crabtree at all.

Wonder what he did or didn't do that caused the Cards to pull the plug so quickly?

Read this in Rapoport's voice. "According to sources, Crabtree was asked to run routes and catch passes. When he refused, the team and the player went back and forth to work it out. In the end, they did not make enough progress. And now Crabtree is a free agent."

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For this year, and it didn't impact any other moves so who cares. It has zero impact on 2020. That is why its called a one year deal.

The Cardinals just had to restructure Chandler Jones this week so that they had enough money to sign people for when injuries happen or when you cut someone for sucking. They wouldn't have had to do that if they hadn't signed Cashtree.

Now Crabtree is on the books for $1.75M and isn't on the team anymore. Dead Money

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How does this happen? Could he not pick up the playbook? Was he running wrong routes?

To sign and cut him that fast someone was irresponsible! You can't run a team killing your cap space. It's hard enough to get FA's to AZ....to have less money only compounds the issues.

Keim should just make the trade for Trent Williams and get an O lineman now.

Dude stating Keim spends money like an 18 year old with a new credit card is dead on.

This team is tough to watch right now. The Defense is mind boggling bad...is Vance Joseph trying to rest the offense? The Panthers punted 1 stinking time in the entire game.....once! Shoot Steve Wilks did a better job in Cleveland with their Defense and he stinks.

I'm glad it's footballs season, but watching this is not what we signed up for. They're tracking to be a 1-2 win team.

Again the talking heads were DEAD ON about the Cards

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Cardinals just had to restructure Chandler Jones this week so that they had enough money to sign people for when injuries happen or when you cut someone for sucking. They wouldn't have had to do that if they hadn't signed Cashtree.

Now Crabtree is on the books for $1.75M and isn't on the team anymore. Dead Money
Smh. 100% false, but hey spin it however you want if it makes you feel better.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael not like his Dad. He would have had Keim killed for wasting this much money.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim getting ready for his next veteran signing

You must be registered for see images attach
I advocate for freedom of expression. And also the right to counter those comments if you disagree with them. But I think the negativity rampant on this board isn't helpful - takes the fun out of being a (for better or worse) Cardinal rooter and certainly doesn't do much to improve team culture.

For example: It's equally as hardass but more constructive to post a zinger about Olsen being wide open in the end zone than it is to take repeated cheap shots at Keim.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smh. 100% false, but hey spin it however you want if it makes you feel better.

You are correct. My dead money for Crabtree was incorrect.

1.75M Salary + .5M Signing bonus + .1875M roster bonus = $2.4375M of 2019 Dead Cap Money

Although he was on the Roster for 3 games so call it a cool $2M of dead cap money for 2019

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was really surprised that they cut Crabtree. He wasn't the problem yesterday and he's only had two games. Must be more to this than they are letting on. I never thought he had much left but am surprised they cut him so soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I advocate for freedom of expression. And also the right to counter those comments if you disagree with them. But I think the negativity rampant on this board isn't helpful - takes the fun out of being a (for better or worse) Cardinal rooter and certainly doesn't do much to improve team culture.

For example: It's equally as hardass but more constructive to post a zinger about Olsen being wide open in the end zone than it is to take repeated cheap shots at Keim.

I am terrible at humor. I will delete my post. Cheers.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are correct. My dead money for Crabtree was incorrect.

1.75M Salary + .5M Signing bonus + .1875M roster bonus = $2.4375M of 2019 Dead Cap Money

Although he was on the Roster for 3 games so call it a cool $2M of dead cap money for 2019

The Cardinals ended up paying Michael Crabtree $110,000 per yard he had receiving in 2019.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am so not surprised.

When they interviewed the dude he sounded like he had a terrible mercenary attitude. Combine that with him not getting playing time, and I have no doubt he was bitching.

Bottom line he is a worse player than Keeshawn Johnson and never should have been signed.
Actually saw him on the sidelines with one of the younger guys and thought the same... Had the look of a guy who might like to chirp in some of the young guys ears. Good riddance.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

What's the dead money? He's not owed any future payment, as I read it. He had per game bonuses that are void now that he's cut.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk