CP3 not retiring

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
CP3 not retiring. If youre Suns, would you try and get him back on vet minimum?

Just watching him on Warriors last night hes obviously not the same player physically but hes always talking and his leadership is 100% what current Suns team missing. If they could get him to be a leader and play 15 minutes a game, id love to see that. As much as I like Dbook, i think this season proved hes more like durant than he his CP3, not a team leader. CP3 was here a short while but def one if my top 3 favorite Suns of all time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take Chris Paul back for the minimum, so long as he understood he would be a depth player.

What are the Suns getting from Damion Lee or IT?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disliked him most of his career but I appreciate what a great player he was and he was a big factor on some of the young warriors players taking the next step. Steph said he loved playing with him and he said they actually competed all year on who works harder.

I think the issue CP3 has is he seems to be the perfect guy to come in off the bench on a contender, but it seems now his best value is impact on young guys, and there's very few true contenders that have a bunch of young guys? OKC would be a great situation in that regard, but there's not that many teams right now that fit both those things IMO.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he plays 18-25 minutes a night you have the best backup point guard in the league, even at his age.

Also someone with way more fire than anyone on this roster.

Even if he missed a ton of time with injury, who's spot he taking? Roddy? Ish? Lee? Who cares...

It is a flat out no brainer that we should bring him back if he wants to return.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
CP3 not retiring. If youre Suns, would you try and get him back on vet minimum?

Just watching him on Warriors last night hes obviously not the same player physically but hes always talking and his leadership is 100% what current Suns team missing. If they could get him to be a leader and play 15 minutes a game, id love to see that. As much as I like Dbook, i think this season proved hes more like durant than he his CP3, not a team leader. CP3 was here a short while but def one if my top 3 favorite Suns of all time.
No.

I don't want him back for any price. The worst thing you can have on your roster is a former all star who no longer deserves any playing time due to weak skills, but still feels entitled to be treated like his former self.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
No.

I don't want him back for any price. The worst thing you can have on your roster is a former all star who no longer deserves any playing time due to weak skills, but still feels entitled to be treated like his former self.
Ridiculous. He's far more valuable than half our bench (which will once again be filled with minimum players), and he's still a viable point guard. The CP hate in this thread is bizarre.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous. He's far more valuable than half our bench (which will once again be filled with minimum players), and he's still a viable point guard. The CP hate in this thread is bizarre.
100%

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I would say no to CP3 only because the team already has pace issues. Would rather get someone who can bring a literal change in pace when they come in.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
if he's willing to take the minimum he can probably get on with a contender - a ring is the only thing he needs

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I can see both sides of the argument. But for minimum, and assuming he doesn't have an attitude about being a bench guy, it would probably be worth it. It does make the team overall more precarious healthwise, however.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can do a lot worse. We did do a lot worse last off-season. I'd say yes, no doubt about it. I'd actually hope he's recruited by Book, KD, and Beal if we draft a PG also. CP3 can mentor them on the bench and get them ready to contribute.

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No.

I mean i dont know what track record suggests cp is ‘entitled’? The guy just came off the bench for an entire season, he knows where hes at

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would say no to CP3 only because the team already has pace issues. Would rather get someone who can bring a literal change in pace when they come in.

He'd fit in almost too well with the pace, or is that something that will change with Young gone?

I can see both sides of the argument. But for minimum, and assuming he doesn't have an attitude about being a bench guy, it would probably be worth it. It does make the team overall more precarious healthwise, however.

CP3 and attitude. I don't ever see cp3 accepting a lesser role, especially a 10-15 minute bench role.

My biggest thing is that he'll be too much in KD's face, I mean i hate the whole "leadership by example" crap they say KD does and no one holds him accountable, but cp3 can be a lot for arguably a top 5 all time player to deal with.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He'd fit in almost too well with the pace, or is that something that will change with Young gone?

CP3 and attitude. I don't ever see cp3 accepting a lesser role, especially a 10-15 minute bench role.

My biggest thing is that he'll be too much in KD's face, I mean i hate the whole "leadership by example" crap they say KD does and no one holds him accountable, but cp3 can be a lot for arguably a top 5 all time player to deal with.

Then you cut him. It's minimum contract.As for the pace, who cares for those ten minutes he would play?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard