Cosmos is a single entanglement

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Cosmos is linked!

Rethinking reality: Is the entire universe a single quantum object?​

In the face of new evidence, physicists are starting to view the cosmos not as made up of disparate layers, but as a quantum whole linked by entanglement

"Rather than zooming ever further inwards, I think we need to zoom out. In doing so, we may see that everything there is, including such seemingly fundamental things as space and time, fragment out of a unified whole. This might sound like philosophy or mysticism, but it is in fact a direct result of applying quantum mechanics to the entire cosmos. When you do that, you realise that the universe isn’t fundamentally made of separate parts at all, but is instead a single, quantum object."

Sorry the article is behind a pay wall, but I thought the concept radical enough to post just for thoughts sake.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure I believe the concept. I also don't fully believe that the Big Bang is the full story, as there are contradictions with our current laws of physics.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Is the universe a quantum object?

Quantum objects make up classical objects. But the two behave very differently. The collapse of the wave-function prevents classical objects from doing the weird things quantum objects do; like quantum entanglement or quantum tunneling. Is the universe as a whole a quantum object or a classical one? Artyom Yurov and Valerian Yurov argue the universe is a quantum object, interacting with other quantum universes, with surprising consequences for our theories about dark matter and dark energy.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
For example, when we think about an electron in the hydrogen atom, we are tempted to imagine it as a small satellite swiftly rotating around a heavy atomic nucleus. But this image is all wrong! Instead, we have to try and imagine an electron simultaneously existing in infinitely many places all around the nucleus. This fascinating picture is called an electron cloud, and we know for a fact that it is a correct picture. We know this because the identical objects coexisting in a few different places produce a physical phenomenon known as interference, which is physically observable in a lab. The fact of these observations proves two things at once: first, that the physicists who study quantum mechanics have not gone completely mad (their relatives might disagree on this one), and secondly, that physical machinery of our universe defeats even the most unbridled human imagination.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This was the generally accepted state of affairs in the field of quantum mechanics for the last few decades. However, an interesting discovery, made in 2014 by a group of theoretical physicists from Australia and US, has opened a new and very intriguing possibility: that the universe at large might actually behave like a quantum object! In order to explain why, we’ll have to take a little detour to contemporary cosmology – the science about the origins and the fate of the universe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard