Cord Cutters

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
We now have Hulu Live with Disney, but still use Comcast for high speed internet. Still comes to $130/month. Once Comcast starts offering better promotional rates, we may go back.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We now have Hulu Live with Disney, but still use Comcast for high speed internet. Still comes to $130/month. Once Comcast starts offering better promotional rates, we may go back.

Youtube TV is I think $65 a month and you can split between 3 people. Should be far less expensive than Hulu live. I love it.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Anyone use Locast for local channels? looks like PHX is in the coverage map. Unfortunately for me, Portland is not.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I finally cut the cord and went with Youtube TV because they had Fox AZ Sports for Dbacks and Suns and 3 weeks later they dropped the channel. Just my luck

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I finally cut the cord and went with Youtube TV because they had Fox AZ Sports for Dbacks and Suns and 3 weeks later they dropped the channel. Just my luck
The hope is that negotiations will pick up again for the Fox Regional channels once sports leagues new seasons start back up.

I don't know if it'll happen in time for the NBA season start on Dec 22nd, but I would hope that it's back by the time baseball restarts.

I've been watching games on http://crackstreams.net/

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm a stream and tech junkie, 3 Nvidia Shields, 2 fire sticks (for the kids) a Fire cube, newest Chromecast, Tivo 4K and a bunch of tablets along with a few off brand android boxes. I know I know lol
I have Netflix and Prime but use Kodi for 90% of movies and TV shows, I have a few different live TV providers on Tivimate which is one of the best IPTV players out there , I use Emby instead of Plex for streaming my library from my PC , I just like the UI better. I have to say , I'm not a big fan of Fire sticks anymore only because of the amount of bloatware they're putting on, I've found that the new Androids coming out like Chromecast and Tivo are very fast and less intrusive, they're also a lot easier to add expanded storage. I am a Shield guy for my everyday stuff tho that's my ultimate box but love messing with all the new stuff haha

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They keep telling me satellite television has gone by the wayside (still clinging to DirecTV for FSAZ) but I keep getting incredible offers ($300 credit card) to join Dish.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They keep telling me satellite television has gone by the wayside (still clinging to DirecTV for FSAZ) but I keep getting incredible offers ($300 credit card) to join Dish.

youtube tv my friend. $75 a month for cable but you can split it between 3 parties. Even if you added hbo and other stuff it might be like $100 a month but for 3 parties you would pay $33 each. you can access it from any smart device, the DVR is in a cloud and unlimited, its amazing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
youtube tv my friend. $75 a month for cable but you can split it between 3 parties. Even if you added hbo and other stuff it might be like $100 a month but for 3 parties you would pay $33 each. you can access it from any smart device, the DVR is in a cloud and unlimited, its amazing.

It really has been awesome for us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As I understand it they don't have FSAZ. I was about to go to YouTube TV before some streaming services dropped the channel.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really has been awesome for us.
I was super skeptical and thought I would only use it for 3 months. its my primary viewing service now. so happy with it. That will go ten fold once I have built my minimilist RV in my truck bed and am watching movies and football games in the woods.

As I understand it they don't have FSAZ. I was about to go to YouTube TV before some streaming services dropped the channel.
they did, something expired and they mentioned working to get it back. not sure where it goes from there.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I was super skeptical and thought I would only use it for 3 months. its my primary viewing service now. so happy with it. That will go ten fold once I have built my minimilist RV in my truck bed and am watching movies and football games in the woods.

they did, something expired and they mentioned working to get it back. not sure where it goes from there.

Assuming you're using your phone to run youtube tv, what are you using to send it to your tv? I use my phone as a hotspot and hook up my laptop to the tv with an hdmi cord. It works great, but I'd prefer to cut the laptop out of the process. I tried buying a cord that connects my iphone directly to the tv, but apparently apple blocks it from working somehow.

It's awesome knowing you can essentially park anywhere and still pick up good enough service to not miss any cardinals games.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assuming you're using your phone to run youtube tv, what are you using to send it to your tv? I use my phone as a hotspot and hook up my laptop to the tv with an hdmi cord. It works great, but I'd prefer to cut the laptop out of the process. I tried buying a cord that connects my iphone directly to the tv, but apparently apple blocks it from working somehow.

It's awesome knowing you can essentially park anywhere and still pick up good enough service to not miss any cardinals games.

So I was hooking my phone directly to the tv with a usb-c to hdmi cable. I'm hoping next run to use the firestick and connect it to my phone's hotspot and eliminate wires/have a remote/not rely on cell battery.

It sounds like the same would work for you since already using a hotspot, you connect a streaming device to the hotspot instead of the laptop.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
So I was hooking my phone directly to the tv with a usb-c to hdmi cable. I'm hoping next run to use the firestick and connect it to my phone's hotspot and eliminate wires/have a remote/not rely on cell battery.

It sounds like the same would work for you since already using a hotspot, you connect a streaming device to the hotspot instead of the laptop.
Jeez, not sure why I didn't think of that before. Thanks.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now with Sling. I got the orange and blue package for $50. The only draw back I can think of sling, is that they don't include local channels....at least not in my area.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I cut the cord in 2016 and haven't looked back. It's amazing what you can do with a VPN, streaming and a pop up blocker. I do still have Netflix and have a prime membership but rarely watch prime video. The streaming site soap2day is incredible.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cut the cord in 2016 and haven't looked back. It's amazing what you can do with a VPN, streaming and a pop up blocker. I do still have Netflix and have a prime membership but rarely watch prime video. The streaming site soap2day is incredible.
What VPN do you use? Also, for sap2day what are the video quality options and audio options on that?