Coop out for year

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still don't get it. Colledge has his own things to worry about. I just don't see a Guard worrying about what a tackle is doing. The LT is usually left on an island with occasional help from a TE or RB. The Guard isn't interested in what the LT is doing. His work is either alone or with the Center the majority of the time while occasionally looking for inside stunts from the outside rusher. But his first look is inside not to the LT. Most outside rushers are so far wide that a Guard has no chance of helping a T block them.

Now I might buy the argument that Colledge's level of play went down when Sendlein went out because Sendlein is the best lineman on the team.

So we agree on Sendlein going down and zero continuity on the Oline as two reasons Colledge should be better this year. Add in the better coaching as another positive.

Okay, one last stab at this. Many posters have stated that you can get by with a couple of okay Olinemen if you have a couple of very good ones. My argument is that the okay lineman play at a higher level with better talent around them. They aren't asked to do too much and success breeds confidence and more success.

If I'm a DC I realize that my DE/OLB will have their way with Batiste so I throw extra at or scheme to beat Colledge & Sendlein because they are the most capable. If I want to blitz I'm definitely going to have some plays attacking Batiste/Colledge because Batiste can't block anyone and I can overwhelm an okayish Colledge.

Add in the fact that all the OT's were getting extra help far too often last year so that left the interior fending for themselves without getting any help, for the most part.

One last note, I'm pretty sure I read and saw highlights of Cooper picking up DE's when they beat the OT on an inside move. I highly doubt the OG and OT never combo block on some run plays. If a team slides protection doesn't this mean the OG has to help protect the OT's inside gap?

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This sucks balls! Just got back from the Man and this is the first I've heard of this horrible news. :sad: And it doesn't sound too cheery up in here, sounds like it could be another Cardinal year but I still like this year's team over last year's team even with out Cooper. I just hope he gets back 100, but damn, lol, this one really stings.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sucks balls! Just got back from the Man and this is the first I've heard of this horrible news. :sad: And it doesn't sound too cheery up in here, sounds like it could be another Cardinal year but I still like this year's team over last year's team even with out Cooper. I just hope he gets back 100, but damn, lol, this one really stings.

Welcome back !!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort