Congrats to Barry Bonds...

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
He hit 755 today... I don't care what any of you think, Barry Bonds is the greatest I have ever seen play the game.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barry will be inducted into BALCO's Hall of Fame.

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
I hope someone clean of any body enhancing drugs breaks his record in my lifetime. And I love ASU but I just can't root for Bonds as much as I try.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
He hit 755 today... I don't care what any of you think, Barry Bonds is the greatest I have ever seen play the game.

The hell with that cheating bastard.

Hank Aaron was and is the home run record holder in my mind.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The hell with that cheating bastard.

Hank Aaron was and is the home run record holder in my mind.

Then in the words of the immortal Edward D Wood Jr, you have "stupid, stupid mind"

Congrats to Barry, he seems like a jerk, but that doesn't mean he's not the best player to ever play the game (or at least in the discussion).

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
meh I could care eaither way really dont like the guy but grats

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Then in the words of the immortal Edward D Wood Jr, you have "stupid, stupid mind"

Congrats to Barry, he seems like a jerk, but that doesn't mean he's not the best player to ever play the game (or at least in the discussion).

He's definitely not the best player or hitter, but he's up there. I would have much more respect for him if he didn't cheat. He would've made the hall of fame either way. :-/

HooverDam

Reaction score
He's definitely not the best player or hitter, but he's up there. I would have much more respect for him if he didn't cheat. He would've made the hall of fame either way. :-/

He's certainly in the top 5. He has more MVPs than anyone, he has Gold Gloves, when he was young he could run, he can hit for power, he can hit for average, when he could move, he played great defense, there's really nothing he hasn't been exceptional at during some point in his career.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take away Hank's home runs - all 755 of them - and he still had over 3,000 hits.

Bonds doesn't even have 3,000 hits including all of his homers.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Take away Hank's home runs - all 755 of them - and he still had over 3,000 hits.

Bonds doesn't even have 3,000 hits including all of his homers.

And how many more times has Barry not had the opportunity to hit because of being walked? You could also make a smaller case for the fact that some of the smaller parks today mean more home runs, but less hits since there are more balls going over the fence, instead of just over a players head for a double or triple. Furthermore, what about todays superior athletes, I wonder if Bonds has been robbed of hits/HRs more than Aaron was.

Really, comparing players of different era's is fun, but impossibly difficult, you can't ever say "X is the best" definitively, but you can make groupings more accurately I think.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

You are young and I understand that. Barry cheated the game. He used performance enhancing drugs to achieve the levels of greatness that he has.

Bottom line: Hank Aaron hit 755 home runs naturally.

Bonds hit 755 being chemically enhanced.

Big difference between the two. All Bonds fans are also fans of chemical enhancement. It's the main reason why a TRUE baseball fan like Aaron won't even attend a game that Bonds is in.

Wake up.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hoover Dam, you're a kid... when you are out in the real world you will realize what Barry Bonds represents

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Screw Bonds. Aaron did it clean. The Babe did it swilling beer, eating like a fan and entertaining the ladies. The best player in history, I give that to Willie Mays.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

When you leave Mom and Dad's reach you'll get it kid

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And how many more times has Barry not had the opportunity to hit because of being walked? You could also make a smaller case for the fact that some of the smaller parks today mean more home runs, but less hits since there are more balls going over the fence, instead of just over a players head for a double or triple. Furthermore, what about todays superior athletes, I wonder if Bonds has been robbed of hits/HRs more than Aaron was.

Really, comparing players of different era's is fun, but impossibly difficult, you can't ever say "X is the best" definitively, but you can make groupings more accurately I think.

You're a kid, that's all that matters

Nasser22

Reaction score
Screw Bonds. Aaron did it clean. The Babe did it swilling beer, eating like a fan and entertaining the ladies. The best player in history, I give that to Willie Mays.

Babe, great hitter that could also pitch well. Best player in history. Best hitter you'd have an argument.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't accept arguments of players prior to the 1940's because of the Negro league. When Satchel Paige isn't even considered into the top 10 best Negro league players something was a miss

Nasser22

Reaction score
I don't accept arguments of players prior to the 1940's because of the Negro league. When Satchel Paige isn't even considered into the top 10 best Negro league players something was a miss
You sure about that? That's insane...

I'd still have Ruth #1. The fact that there was a Negro league just makes it debatable.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You sure about that? That's insane...

I'd still have Ruth #1. The fact that there was a Negro league just makes it debatable.

I did a research paper on the Negro League my junior year of college. There were players that never got to showcase their talents that would have shown up the best players of their time...including Ruth

Not to dismiss what Ruth accompished but it wasn't a level playing field