Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
This was an extremely entertaining movie that was very well filmed and had a great performance by Sam Rockwell as Chuck Barris.

This one is not for those who dislike colorful metaphors in film as it was loaded with the f-bomb.

Still, along with Rockwell was an excellent performance by Drew Barrymore.

If this was not up against some serious heavy-hitters this year, I'd think it was Oscar-nomination worthy.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob Chebat
This was an extremely entertaining movie that was very well filmed and had a great performance by Sam Rockwell as Chuck Barris.

This one is not for those who dislike colorful metaphors in film as it was loaded with the f-bomb.

Still, along with Rockwell was an excellent performance by Drew Barrymore.

If this was not up against some serious heavy-hitters this year, I'd think it was Oscar-nomination worthy.

The wife and I debated about catching this movie on Saturday and then decided against it only because we've got so many on our list now and we felt that we probably wouldn't miss out on the experience of seeing this on the big-screen. It is however towards the top of my list to watch at some point - but it will probably have to be rental flick.

Shawn

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it this weekend as well...good movie, it was a little slow at the beginning, and with all the f-bombs and sex right off the bat, if we hadn't known the movie was about him being in the CIA, we might have walked out.

Got real good after the first 10-15 minutes...nice performance from Rockwell, loved the imagery and the neat way they did shots of him looking back to his past.

Mike

OP
OP
Bob Chebat

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
I was thinking, since there were no frontal female nudity shots, I was ready to walk out.

:biglaugh:

One shot of Rockwell's posterior was enough, but they did it like what, 10 times? Maybe Clooney was making up for his booty shot in Solaris?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob Chebat
I was thinking, since there were no frontal female nudity shots, I was ready to walk out.

:biglaugh:

One shot of Rockwell's posterior was enough, but they did it like what, 10 times? Maybe Clooney was making up for his booty shot in Solaris?

ror

Mike

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw a trailer on Apple.com saying they are re-releasing this movie.

It was pretty good if I remember. Chaplin, any news on this?

Mike

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was confused actually, I'm not sure exactly what is going on with the film. I'm guessing it's being rereleased in order to "refresh" the memories of all the people who vote for the Academy Awards. But the DVD shouldn't be that far off either... :confused:

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Finally saw this last night. Fantastic. I used to LOVE the gong show as a kid. Sam Rockwell did a supurb job with Barris' mannerisms, and if this film doesnt further show that Charile Kaufman is the best writer in Hollywood today, I dont know what does.

I would guess that there are more people who would still say theyve never heard of Kaufman than those that would say they have, but I bet in future generations he is looked back on as the greatest screenwriter of our time.

Amazing.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockwell is a pretty sweet actor.

Check out "Safe Men" with Steve Zahn and Rockwell and...aw crap, I forget the name of the flick, but Rockwell plays a weirdo hippie type named Bucky opposite an uptight John Turturro...

..."BOX OF MOONLIGHT" Damn I'm glad I thought of the name of that flick. Good movie.

I'm also looking forward to seeing "Matchstick Men."