Comics you need to read before you die.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Ultimate line. It's entertaining despite offending my sense of continuity.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I can't remember the issue numbers and I don't have the comics anymore because my Mom threw all of mine away when I went to college, but the single best arc I've ever read was the X-men one where Apocyalpse kidnapped Scott and Jeans son and Cyclops ended up going ballistic after their son died and unleashed a huge optic beam on Apocyalpse killing him.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I recently read the Watchmen.

Incredible story which they are now making a movie out of. It's a graphic novel so it's longish but highly recommended.

Was voted one of Time Magazines 50 greatest books (not just comic books) a few years back.

Highly recommended.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Watchmen.
I thought about putting this tops on my list, but I decided against it because as "important" as it is, I just don't think it's nearly as enjoyable as some other stories.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic piece of work. I just don't like it as much as the rest of the world.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
SuperSpck

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree, Watchmen was a very good work. It may be one of the greatest (so it belongs on the list) but it's never been one of my favorites because of re-readability.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I won't claim its one of the best comics ever written but I am a Star Wars geek and tend to at the very least read the comics in Barnes & Noble if I don't buy them...anyway, has anyone read Star Wars Legacy? Its set 125 yrs after Return of Jedi with a distant Skywalker offspring. I find it entertaining.

The other Star Wars comic I really enjoyed was the Infinities books, it is sort of a "What If" for Star Wars. Anyone else read those?

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Conan #1-7 (Dark Horse)

Great plot/story by Kurt Busiek. Awesome art by Cary Nord and Dave Stewart.

Young Conan goes to Hyperboria and found his fantasy of the kingdom shattered by brutal reality. Also covered in the arc is Howard's Frost Giant's Daughter (#2).

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conan #1-7 (Dark Horse)

Great plot/story by Kurt Busiek. Awesome art by Cary Nord and Dave Stewart.

Young Conan goes to Hyperboria and found his fantasy of the kingdom shattered by brutal reality. Also covered in the arc is Howard's Frost Giant's Daughter (#2).
Those are great.

You also reminded me of Busiek, who is one of my favorite writers, so I'll post a couple more "must reads" later...

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kurt Busiek's Astro City

Busiek has created a city to which the super-human flock. Often, the stories are told from the perspective of the citizens (reminiscent of "Marvels").

Some of the characters directly correlate to their more famous cousins in the DC and Marvel books, but all are written marvelously.

This is good stuff, folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard