Combine Preview: Top Prospects

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I appreciate you as a fellow member and feel like we have always gotten along, but I hope you understand what it feels like to write a detailed thread about 15 prospects and the first member to respond singles out one of the 15 he doesn't like and makes it sound like I am crazy to like a QB like Jackson. Which, when you think about it, is not much different than what BW52 said to you from the opposite point of view.

You say it was supposed to be humorous, but then you actually defend your position that Jackson won't work as a QB and should be a WR. Thus, your comment wasn't meant to be humorous---which is exactly how I took it.

I can understand and respect your opinion, when it is stated respectfully and meant to enhance a discussion. Many people are very divided about Jackson. Then again, so were many people divided about Deshaun Watson. It's worth a discussion---not a scornful "please stop" dismissal.

Mitch, I hate to bring up a topic from another thread, but c’mon man. This is a forum where some posters are on their phones during their lunch breaks, bathroom breaks, or to kill some time at the office.

Some people are going to be short, some people are going to be snarky, some people are going to flatly disagree with you and not have the time to refute it with a 3 paragraph message.

I really suggest you stop taking every disagreement personally, or invest less time in your posts if the responses make you feel like they’re not respecting your effort.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Mitch, I hate to bring up a topic from another thread, but c’mon man. This is a forum where some posters are on their phones during their lunch breaks, bathroom breaks, or to kill some time at the office.

Some people are going to be short, some people are going to be snarky, some people are going to flatly disagree with you and not have the time to refute it with a 3 paragraph message.

I really suggest you stop taking every disagreement personally, or invest less time in your posts if the responses make you feel like they’re not respecting your effort.

Congratulations Solar, YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Mel Kiper Jr.
@MelKiperESPN

Louisville offensive tackle Geron Christian is a prospect to keep an eye on at the NFL combine in Indianapolis this week. At 6-foot-5, 298 pounds, he measured in with impressive 35 1/4-inch arms and 10 3/4-inch hands on Wednesday. Christian, who started... (link: http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40017013-4) espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

It's asking a lot for me to keep an eye on any OL from Louisville when Lamar Jackson had to keep his eye on almost every DL which rushed him. I think this might be a perfect example where measurables and combine tricks do not equate success in the NFL... can he play football

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate you as a fellow member and feel like we have always gotten along, but I hope you understand what it feels like to write a detailed thread about 15 prospects and the first member to respond singles out one of the 15 he doesn't like and makes it sound like I am crazy to like a QB like Jackson. Which, when you think about it, is not much different than what BW52 said to you from the opposite point of view.

You say it was supposed to be humorous, but then you actually defend your position that Jackson won't work as a QB and should be a WR. Thus, your comment wasn't meant to be humorous---which is exactly how I took it.

I can understand and respect your opinion, when it is stated respectfully and meant to enhance a discussion. Many people are very divided about Jackson. Then again, so were many people divided about Deshaun Watson. It's worth a discussion---not a scornful "please stop" dismissal.

Oh my god... come on dude. You are consistent making mountains out of pot holes at this point.

Gotta chillax in those feelings getting hurt so easily, Mitch. Your heightened intolerance and emotional reaction to any disagreement whatsoever is starting to derail any thread you post in.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well space is curved, just kidding, old Sgt Bilko reference. Maybe he got measured late in the day at Senior Bowl and early in the morning at Combine. I’ve heard you are shorter at the end of the day because your spine compresses throughout the day and stretches out over night when you are sleeping. Or maybe he had a procedure done to make him taller?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
It's asking a lot for me to keep an eye on any OL from Louisville when Lamar Jackson had to keep his eye on almost every DL which rushed him. I think this might be a perfect example where measurables and combine tricks do not equate success in the NFL... can he play football

As a Louisville fan i had to ask myself how did Geron Christian suddenly become so "good".He was not awful at UofL and he started immediately as a Freshman and the whole 3 years he was here.But he just seemed like he would have some good games and then be out to lunch and get beat repeatedly by his man.I guess potential means more when looking ahead to the NFl.Personally i hope AZ passes on Christian .He will be IMHO a teaser who will always flash his skills but never be consistently reliable.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
As a Louisville fan i had to ask myself how did Geron Christian suddenly become so "good".He was not awful at UofL and he started immediately as a Freshman and the whole 3 years he was here.But he just seemed like he would have some good games and then be out to lunch and get beat repeatedly by his man.I guess potential means more when looking ahead to the NFl.Personally i hope AZ passes on Christian .He will be IMHO a teaser who will always flash his skills but never be consistently reliable.

BW52---is Geron any relation to Gerald Christian (Louisville TE whom the Cardinals drafted a few years back)?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree with K9, Cardinals may get an OLB in first round to make the defense terrifying.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well space is curved, just kidding, old Sgt Bilko reference. Maybe he got measured late in the day at Senior Bowl and early in the morning at Combine. I’ve heard you are shorter at the end of the day because your spine compresses throughout the day and stretches out over night when you are sleeping. Or maybe he had a procedure done to make him taller?

Maybe he didn't cut his hair since Senior Bowl? Or his head has gotten bigger from all the attention!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cards believe in Lamar Jackson they better plan on moving up. I can see a team like New England pulling a coup to get their guy. If the cards think Lamar Jackson is all that , they won’t be the only ones. I say go after Bridgewater, draft Jackson and let’s put this Qb crap to bed. If bridgewater works out we’d have some great trade bait down the road.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
If the Cards believe in Lamar Jackson they better plan on moving up. I can see a team like New England pulling a coup to get their guy. If the cards think Lamar Jackson is all that , they won’t be the only ones. I say go after Bridgewater, draft Jackson and let’s put this Qb crap to bed. If bridgewater works out we’d have some great trade bait down the road.
Have a hard time believing Bridgewater can hold up in NFC West. Foles or Luck as well. But if he can be had cheap..

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
That is weak, maybe he's not so great after all. He's apparently not to confident and not hurt. If your a stud get out and show it!

Got 1 right

Per CBS
“Derwin James, Florida State - Unsurprisingly, James destroyed the combine. At nearly 6-2 and 215 pounds, the do-it-all secondary member ran 4.47 in the 40, almost jumped out of Lucas Oil Stadium with a 40-inch vertical, and had an 11-foot broad jump.“

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got 1 right

Per CBS
“Derwin James, Florida State - Unsurprisingly, James destroyed the combine. At nearly 6-2 and 215 pounds, the do-it-all secondary member ran 4.47 in the 40, almost jumped out of Lucas Oil Stadium with a 40-inch vertical, and had an 11-foot broad jump.“
If Cards need a true Safety this draft seems loaded with a plethora of options. I remember a time when safeties were aging slower CBs at the back end of their career.