Colvin Press Conference Already Streamed

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm listening to his press conference as I type this. I guess that's as much corroboration as you could want.

It's going to be more and more difficult for the Cardinal front office to prove to me that they don't have their heads up their butts.

I'm really beginning to wonder why I should care, if they don't.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin

They care. They're trying. They just totally failed.

I'm sure Graves wanted to get Colvin in here and is most likely sitting in an office scratching his head wondering how in the hell he's supposed to do this if guys are willing to take less to play elsewhere.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Colvin Press Conference Already Streamed

Originally posted by Ed B
They care. They're trying. They just totally failed.

I'm sure Graves wanted to get Colvin in here and is most likely sitting in an office scratching his head wondering how in the hell he's supposed to do this if guys are willing to take less to play elsewhere.

How much less is the question. If our offers were close then we look stupid by not making an offer he could refuse. But, if we offered a ton more money then that will prove that it is more than money with these guys. Hopefully we were just being a cheapskate. The other option really, really looks bad..

artp

Registered
Reaction score
I think its been a while since I've been this disappointed in the Cardinal front office. I'm sure I'll get over it. The only think that can make it worse, IMO, is if we panic and start overpaying for clunkers just for the sake of signing somebody.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
I'm listening to his press conference as I type this. I guess that's as much corroboration as you could want.

It's going to be more and more difficult for the Cardinal front office to prove to me that they don't have their heads up their butts.

Jeff I know we are in deep trouble after reading your post. After all these years that is your most depressing post ever. I guess I knew in my heart we had no way of geting a Colvin or anyone with his talent. They are just not going to play here. He is already rich and yes there are things besides money to these guys. there is also money and a chance to win. I think at this point you start trying to sign some of the not so wanted guys just to get something done. I still say a QB needs to be signed and fast. We cannot possible go into the season with two QB's we have. I don't care if it is Jeff George but it needs to be someone other NFL players recognize. I wonder how many of them ever heard of McCown? Other FA will know real quick that Colvin passed on us and probably for less money. Our only hope is for everyone else to run out of money and then we get what is left. Maybe that is the Bidwill/Graves plan. Graves maynot have been in touch with what the real world players think of us. I bet he does now. I would like to sit in on a conversation between him and Bidwill about now and see what kind of truths they are willing to face up to. I wonder if Bidwill really gets it at all. I hope the local press tells it like it is.