Colt McCoy to the IR

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Mullens is out for the game.

We are relying on Marco it seems - not good.
Screw this team is they're holding back on signing Alford because it will guarantee his salary. With cap room to burn, you should be trying to win football games, not pinch pennies, especially when your CB room currently is terrifying in the face of the best QB in the game.

jesus... this is how tenuous our CB room is... I'm clamoring for Robert Alford.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2nd best but yea

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can you name one team with a high quality third string QB that the team would be super comfortable putting into games? I can’t think of any.
If Colt was that badly injured, we should have been looking for a competent #2. Not a third stringer. Colt can win games, he has proven that. But if he's injured, we should have cut or loses weeks ago and had someone in camp just in case. Best case scenario is Klyer stays healthy all season (we can hope) but that last two years prove otherwise.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Colt was that badly injured, we should have been looking for a competent #2. Not a third stringer. Colt can win games, he has proven that. But if he's injured, we should have cut or loses weeks ago and had someone in camp just in case. Best case scenario is Klyer stays healthy all season (we can hope) but that last two years prove otherwise.

Ya no…. Pointless. You go to your #2 you’re done regardless so in the end does it really matter?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Blaming the front office for a edge and CB position is fair, but not for this. If your season has to rely on a 3rd string QB, your season is done for regardless. There is no QB in the FA pool of today that you can honestly say is better than McSorely.
Not talking about third string. I'm talking about the back up. Obviously, we are screwed if Kyler gets hurt long term but we need a competent backup. I don't know who is currently available but I have to imagine there is someone better than McSorely. My point is, this is a move that should have happened weeks ago, since Colt has not played all camp.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ya no…. Pointless. You go to your #2 you’re done regardless so in the end does it really matter?
If long term, you are right. But if we are talking about a game or two, then it's not pointless. In 2020 Rams beat us with backup Wolford starting. 9ers beat us with their third stringer Beathard. The Eagles won the superbowl with their backup. You think that would have happened if McSorely was the guy? Every team needs a competent backup, especially if QB has propensity to get injured.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If long term, you are right. But if we are talking about a game or two, then it's not pointless. In 2020 Rams beat us with backup Wolford starting. 9ers beat us with their third stringer Beathard. The Eagles won the superbowl with their backup. You think that would have happened if McSorely was the guy? Every team needs a competent backup, especially if QB has propensity to get injured.
It’s 4 week IR… Mcsorely is fine if something happens in weeks 1-4.

We’re starting 0-3 with Kyler healthy regardless. Waste of time.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s 4 week IR… Mcsorely is fine if something happens in weeks 1-4.

We’re starting 0-3 with Kyler healthy regardless. Waste of time.
LOL. I'm not a koolaid drinker by any means but if Kyler can't guide this team to a win in the first month of the season, then we definitely shouldn't have signed him to a mega contract.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson