Close to a deal (Rosen) with Miami

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Nope. You guys are being proven wrong on Rosen.

If he was so good, teams would want him.
I seriously don't get this line of thinking.

The market is slim. Rosen has a year of bad tape, which has devalued him... it's like driving a new car off the lot, it immediately loses value.

Keim screwed up the situation as much as he possibly could by waiting to field calls or be proactive when they'd figured out it was going to be Kyler. No, I never thought Rosen was going to garner a first rounder, but I think we could have improved our lot if it didn't get to the point where there was only one team bidding for him.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
if Murray's addition makes them, say 8-8 and they win 5 more games than last year,

and, have an offense where if the Cards fall behind by 10 points in the first half, you still have hope

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Can’t wait to give up a 4th rounder to offload Rosen. Spend, what, 5 draft picks in two years to progressively step down in QB quality? That’s what good teams do, right?

Once again we are now backed into neglecting WR thanks to the Pats. So I dunno. Who cares what they do? I’m gonna go watch Avengers and wait a few years until we can draft Spencer Rattler out of OU when this whole thing tanks. And it will tank.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
No one is beating down the door either for a supposed top prospect from last year.. what other explanation is there at this point? If the dolphins thought he was worth something it would have been the 48th and been over with by now. Jmo
There are plenty of other possibilities and none of us know what has actually been offered. For all we know, the Cards have turned down legitimate offers hoping instead for a big score. Considering their boom or bust draft pick, that philosophy isn't far fetched at all.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yay, Steve Keim.....
A mid 2nd is better than a mid 3rd + a mid 5th... so e
It can't be dismissed though, the reality is the Cardinals got very little return on their investment and that reflects poorly on the front office. Its either one of 2 things, they overvalued Rosen or 2 they valued him properly but didn't give him the support or time needed to succeed.
Agreed!

They clearly didn't give him good support, or much time. That's a failure.

It seems they overvalued him by drafting him at #10 last year as well - though nearly all of us understand that they HAD to move up and get him, we thought the compensation given up was MORE than reasonable at the time, and we had high hopes for him. So in context, even that blown move is understandable.

The real failure was in not getting Mahomes or Watson the year before. But now we're getting far off topic.

...dbs

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a rookie QB who is supposed to be "transcendent" and has a better supporting cast already than last year.Hell yes I expect 10 wins

I'm expecting you wanted the same for Rosen last season.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Steve Smith trashes Rosen on national TV. Calls him a spoiled baby. - ASFN's response "no biggie"

Kyler has a presser, answers basic questions - ASFN response "Worst QB ever"

LMAO

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Steve Smith is on NFL Network criticizing Josh Rosen for unfollowing the Cardinals on IG and saying he doesn’t want to work/ have the heart to be a starter

Rosen better get to work instead of quitting and playing on his phone.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I seriously don't get this line of thinking.

The market is slim. Rosen has a year of bad tape, which has devalued him... it's like driving a new car off the lot, it immediately loses value.

Keim screwed up the situation as much as he possibly could by waiting to field calls or be proactive when they'd figured out it was going to be Kyler. No, I never thought Rosen was going to garner a first rounder, but I think we could have improved our lot if it didn't get to the point where there was only one team bidding for him.
Cognitive dissonance man.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be funny if we got more in a trade for another team to take Lock than we did for Rosen! lol

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Keim to Murray: “We need you to ignite this offense.”

No Steve. That is your job. It starts with actually drafting NFL talent.

If Murray has crap pieces around him this year, how will he succeed where Rosen failed?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
nooooo

it was more about reacting poorly to having competition brought in.....
No, that was all about entitled, spoiled, Josh and why most teams want nothing to do with him.
Steve Smith isn't reading the situation correctly then. If the Cardinals had been straightforward with him, and hadn't jerked him around all offseason, there wouldn't be this kind of bitterness or unwillingness to "compete." (Let's be honest, there is no competition upcoming.)

And it's ironic that Steve Smith, the world's biggest cranky diva WR, is the one calling him out. Oh no, Josh Rosen unfollowed the team on Twitter? Well at least he didn't get arrested and charged for assaulting his teammate.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are plenty of other possibilities and none of us know what has actually been offered. For all we know, the Cards have turned down legitimate offers hoping instead for a big score. Considering their boom or bust draft pick, that philosophy isn't far fetched at all.
With his cheap contract, being a top 10 pick last year... you don't think people would be knocking our door down if he was legit?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Steve Smith is on NFL Network criticizing Josh Rosen for unfollowing the Cardinals on IG and saying he doesn’t want to work/ have the heart to be a starter

Rosen better get to work instead of quitting and playing on his phone.

Steve Smith:

You must be registered for see images attach

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
No, that was all about entitled, spoiled, Josh and why most teams want nothing to do with him.
You're joking, right? Josh handled himself with nothing but class during the train wreck last year. I have heard many comment about Murray acting entitled, but I haven't seen it. If you love Murray fine, but you don't have to spend so much energy putting Josh down. Jeez, let's move on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose