Close to a deal (Rosen) with Miami

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo

Keep an eye for a possible late-round kickback from Arizona to Miami to finalize this thing. Source says the #Dolphins feel 48 for Rosen is too tilted in Arizona’s favor.

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer

The Cardinals and Dolphins spoke late last night, I'm told. Expectation is they'll talk again this afternoon. Nothing's done. But lines of communication are open.

Johnny‏ @JohnnyTouchdown

I can confirm a Josh Rosen deal is not done, as Miami is now attempting to leverage multiple second round quarterbacks. Keim now looping the Patriots back in as potential leverage, especially as division rivals to ‘Phins. Miami pushing hard for a single third. #AZCardinals

Doesn't sound like a deal is close to me but we'll see. This probably drags on until the Dolphins are on the clock later today IMO.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
False alarm

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BleedRed

Registered
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I hope we get this done before the second round starts so I can enjoy the rest of the draft. Haha Deebo is #1 on my list of all available. He reminds me alot of Boldin.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Insist on #48 and throw in DJ Humphries.That works for me.Hes likely gone after this season anyway.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dolphins may be able to get Lock with that pick instead and there might be the perception that Lock has more upside against Rosen's terrible year (which no one can really know how much was him vs team/staff).

I thought this might be too good to be true.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They need to trade back from number 33 as well at least 5 to 10 spots... NFL network is raving about how much the Colts could get for their number 34 pick n how valuable it is if that’s the case then we need to trade 33... Too much good talent on the board pick up an extra third Pick up two good players a little further down in the second with the pic you get from Rosen

Two 2nd Rd picks and two 3rds would be nice, plenty of time trade down and add a 3rd would be ideal

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dolphins may be able to get Lock with that pick instead and there might be the perception that Lock has more upside against Rosen's terrible year (which no one can really know how much was him vs team/staff).

yup.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Lock is trash.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lock is trash.

Maybe, but we're treating Rosen like he's poisonous trash. There can't be a worse endorsement from your current team than drafting your replacement #1 overall and immediately holding a fire sale before talking to anyone else.

For Josh I hope this is true. It's a great city and he loves the beach

He's gonna get a real close look at the effects of climate change there.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Dude, aren't you supposed to be "out"????? That lasted a few hours.
I said I'd still be lurking and reading. I'm still basically "out," because I don't want to just junk this place up with a ton of negativity, because it's all I've got.

I felt like I should share the news though, for people who aren't able to sit in front of the TV today. Back to being out.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Maybe, but we're treating Rosen like he's poisonous trash. There can't be a worse endorsement from your current team than drafting your replacement #1 overall and immediately holding a fire sale before talking to anyone else.

He's gonna get a real close look at the effects of climate change there.

True. I'd throw in a 6th and be done with him.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I said I'd still be lurking and reading. I'm still basically "out," because I don't want to just junk this place up with a ton of negativity, because it's all I've got.

I felt like I should share the news though, for people who aren't able to sit in front of the TV today. Back to being out.
I look forward to your triumphant return in 20 minutes lol

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
This will all be interesting again in a year or so down the road after Josh leaves and Murray fails to justify his #1 pick.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed.

Stupendous work by the front office---2018 1, 3 & 5 for a 2019 2. Well played.
(a) You, i, and almost every Cardinal fan thought the 1, 3, & 5 last year was a steal! We were all wrong, and the front office deserves to be blasted for it, because that's their job. But that was last year.
(b) Given what transpired last year, and the decision to move on, if Keim gets a pick in the middle of round 2 for Rosen it will be a coup.

...dbs

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
(a) You, i, and almost every Cardinal fan thought the 1, 3, & 5 last year was a steal! We were all wrong, and the front office deserves to be blasted for it, because that's their job. But that was last year.
(b) Given what transpired last year, and the decision to move on, if Keim gets a pick in the middle of round 2 for Rosen it will be a coup.

...dbs

It can't be dismissed though, the reality is the Cardinals got very little return on their investment and that reflects poorly on the front office. Its either one of 2 things, they overvalued Rosen or 2 they valued him properly but didn't give him the support or time needed to succeed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard