Clippers @ Suns Tuesday game thread 4-9-2024

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I want them to fail at the play in to ensure major change. We aren't going all the way. Any playoff run is delaying the inevitable. God forbid we have a good series and Vogel is retained. That's my worst nightmare.
Yup, this. Hopefully, Vogel AND James Jones get their walking papers... and Ishbia hires a real front office manager that isn't just a clown left over from Sarver.

And then take a hard look at the roster and make some tough personnel decisions about the so called "Big Three."

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Much better effort in second half. Clippers put it in cruise control and almost cost them. Why can’t they play with that intensity from the start and not look like hot garbage and get completely embarrassed before they give two *****. This team needs a coach that isn’t afraid to challenge these guys and not have the appearance that the big 3 run the show.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just when I didn't think it was impossible to play any worse than the Suns worst game of the year they proved me wrong in the 1st half. At least they showed some fight in them in the 2nd half. However, where is the sense of urgency and pride? Vogel is a terrible coach but the players have a ton of blame in the first half coming out in this situation so flat.

I will repeat. Nobody is scared of the Suns in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leonard and Harden didn't even play?!?!

Good lord...

A few decent games and these guys start sniffing their own farts again, get wrecked by a B squad in their final home game. Very apropos.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a pathetic shooting night from the Suns period 33% with the shooters on this team geesh and a pathetic 22% from 3… almost gonna lose everyone to anyone! Book absolutely can’t play like he did he basically stopped shooting only 11 attempts for your star that’s just dumb. It’s really too bad we don’t have a coach that can draw up plays and screens to create shots for our guys…. Guess that would involve coaching…. Allen can’t hit a 3 all of a sudden? wtf

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Leonard and Harden didn't even play?!?!

Good lord...
One minute before tip-off I heard the above and was ready to mark this game as a W. WTH was I thinking.

Fan Appreciation night, the Suns displayed how they reward their fan base by laying a fat freaking egg.

Attachments

• SUNS R PATHETIC.jpg
    SUNS R PATHETIC.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 4
  • SUNS R PATHETIC 2.jpg
    SUNS R PATHETIC 2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 4
  • SUNS R PATHETIC 3.jpg
    SUNS R PATHETIC 3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 4

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
8 years in Booker is who he is at this point. Ayton isn’t here, Monty isn’t here, Paul isn’t here but the same problems still are.

Booker is averaging like 13 ppg on elimination games. I was talking to my brother before the year started saying this was by far the most important year of Bookers career and holy hell. He’s not that guy and I think it’s pretty clear now.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
We haven't been good enough for over two months now. Really really depressing stuff.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I honestly think KD and Book just party too much or smoke too much. They just come out looking like different players each game. My main gripe is still KD, just lack of accountability on himself for anything, none of this lead by example crap.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
8 years in Booker is who he is at this point. Ayton isn’t here, Monty isn’t here, Paul isn’t here but the same problems still are.

Booker is averaging like 13 ppg on elimination games. I was talking to my brother before the year started saying this was by far the most important year of Bookers career and holy hell. He’s not that guy and I think it’s pretty clear now.
This wasn't an elimination game, it just moved us from 6 to 7 in playoff seeding.

It's bad don't get me wrong, it just shouldn't be called an elimination game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This wasn't an elimination game, it just moved us from 6 to 7 in playoff seeding.

Still, it's clear enough what he means in regard to standings.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much better effort in second half. Clippers put it in cruise control and almost cost them. Why can’t they play with that intensity from the start and not look like hot garbage and get completely embarrassed before they give two *****. This team needs a coach that isn’t afraid to challenge these guys and not have the appearance that the big 3 run the show.

And a coach willingly to clear the bench early when the starters don't come ready to play. The starters need to be embarrassed. James Harden was laughing at the Suns effort.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This Suns squad is the DeAndre Ayton equivalent of an NBA team. All the talent, not much of a brain and even less heart.

They’ll tantalize for certain stretches, whether that’s for a couple quarters or couple games, throw some absolute stink bombs to match whatever rare highs they reach and are mostly just be mediocre, while putting up pretty enough stats that will keep fans hanging on… if for no other reason than we’re pot committed and really don’t have any other choice.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly think KD and Book just party too much or smoke too much. They just come out looking like different players each game. My main gripe is still KD, just lack of accountability on himself for anything, none of this lead by example crap.
I believe KD smokes too much but I doubt that's Booker's issue. I think it's his social life. But this is just my uninformed guess.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I didn’t say it was an elimination game, but it was an important game. I was pointing out how Booker often no shows when it matters most.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard