Clippers @ Suns Tuesday game thread 2-15- 2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two more home games before the All-Star break.

Clippers are 28-30 and visit the Suns on Tuesday. They will be playing on the second night of back-to-back game.

They play the Warriors at home on Monday, Valentines Day.

Suns are 46-10 and riding a five game winning streak. They will play the Rockets on Wednesday in back-to-back games of their own.

The game will be televised on TNT.

Start time is scheduled for 8 p.m. Arizona time.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife and I will be at this game tomorrow and taking the wife and kids to the Portland game.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. I feel so much better having Holiday and TC in the lineup. It allows a drop in minutes for CP3 and Book. Holiday's 3 point shooting and dogged defense is a revelation. I had not followed him closely but he seems to be a more balanced version of Jevon Carter--better shooting, better ball skills, better passing, similar (maybe not quite as much) defender.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. I feel so much better having Holiday and TC in the lineup. It allows a drop in minutes for CP3 and Book. Holiday's 3 point shooting and dogged defense is a revelation. I had not followed him closely but he seems to be a more balanced version of Jevon Carter--better shooting, better ball skills, better passing, similar (maybe not quite as much) defender.

It's like a burden has been lifted from the Suns shoulders. The additions have been needed for awhile.

No need to rush Shamet and Payne back.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Holiday immediately displaces Payton in the depth chart, and I think he might push Cam Payne some. JJ is pretty cagey. He is bringing in well-rounded players. No defensively deficient players for him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't believe the Clippers are under 500. They looked like a legit playoff team in the Western Conference Finals last year. They've made some good moves also to help cover for their deficiencies. I know PG13 is out, as is Kawhi, but I didn't think they'd be that bad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe the Clippers are under 500. They looked like a legit playoff team in the Western Conference Finals last year. They've made some good moves also to help cover for their deficiencies. I know PG13 is out, as is Kawhi, but I didn't think they'd be that bad.
George and Kawhi are two of the top 15 players in the league. If you took CP3 and Devin Booker off the Suns they’d be pretty bad too. The fact that they’re even hovering around .500 with a collection of role players is impressive and surprising in its own right.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is Kawhi ever coming back? I am not sure he really wants to play anymore, but he does like to collect the paycheck.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Kawhi ever coming back? I am not sure he really wants to play anymore, but he does like to collect the paycheck.
Why would you expect him back already? He tore his ACL in June last year. Guys who tear their ACLs at the end or in the playoffs of a previous season are almost always out the next season. We just saw that with Dario.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How would any team be if you took the two best players off it

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would you expect him back already? He tore his ACL in June last year. Guys who tear their ACLs at the end or in the playoffs of a previous season are almost always out the next season. We just saw that with Dario.

Plus Kawhi ain’t the comeback early type

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Previously posted by @Ronin.

The last time I heard James Jones talk about the injuries to Cam Payne and Landry Shamet, Shamet was ahead of Payne and expected back before the All-Star break. Now it looks like he too will be out until after the break.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

The last time I heard James Jones talk about the injuries to Cam Payne and Landry Shamet, Shamet was ahead of Payne and expected back before the All-Star break. Now it looks like he too will be out until after the break.

I'm sure the acquisition of Aaron Holiday helped in making that determination.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’m starting to get a little nervous on Payne. There’s been almost no update on his progress.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m starting to get a little nervous on Payne. There’s been almost no update on his progress.

The same here. I see Payne running the court and shooting with his left hand during drills but the right hand appears to be in a brace.

As far as I know, neither Shamet or Payne are scrimmaging.

notdeadyet

Reaction score
While many are assuming Aaron H. will replace Elfrid P. as 3rd PG, I suspect Aaron will see time at SG as well, depending on matchups. Elfrid has flaws, but is athletic defensively, rebounds, and passes very well. I remember Reggie Jackson on the Clippers in last year's playoffs as a nightmare for Booker/Paul to guard. Both Elfrid & Aaron have the quicks to stay with him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While many are assuming Aaron H. will replace Elfrid P. as 3rd PG, I suspect Aaron will see time at SG as well, depending on matchups. Elfrid has flaws, but is athletic defensively, rebounds, and passes very well. I remember Reggie Jackson on the Clippers in last year's playoffs as a nightmare for Booker/Paul to guard. Both Elfrid & Aaron have the quicks to stay with him.

Yeah, I think Holiday will play both guard positions.

What limits Payton is low shooting percentage from the field and free throw line.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No changes in the Suns injury report.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, I think Holiday will play both guard positions.

What limits Payton is low shooting percentage from the field and free throw line.
I say let Cam Johnson come in for Book and Craig for Crowder. Johnson has shown handles I didn't know he had. Bridges can play 40 min

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say let Cam Johnson come in for Book and Craig for Crowder. Johnson has shown handles I didn't know he had. Bridges can play 40 min

It's great to have four versatile forwards to rotate. It keeps them fresh. Also I like their ability to switch on defense.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Bridges CAN play 40 mins, but with the addition of Craig he shouldn't really need to play more than 35 and ideally closer to 32 with a wing lineup of Booker, Bridges, Crowder, Johnson, Craig.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson