Clippers @ Suns Sunday WCF game thread 6-20-2021 - Game 1

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah that's not a good look. But at least we didn't throw the first punch.

Don't swing on a Suns fan.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our rep is seriously going to crap. I wouldn’t be surprised if people started viewing our fan base as classless trash.

not living in the Phoenix area…I think Phoenix people are well on their way. From driving to common courtesy. Just my opinion.

really hate visiting all areas of the valley

Last edited:

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get the Clipper fan threw the first punch.. just take the win and go on our way. I never understood the point of kicking a fan while they just took a loss. Its not like you were playing the game and made the winning score. Its always been hey that was a good game man to opposing fans as I leave the stadium or arena. They have always replied back with something positive. The experience has always been good. No one likes to be kicked while they are down especially after spending money to go see their team win. I guess at the end of the day its just a game to me and not something worth fighting over.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our rep is seriously going to crap. I wouldn’t be surprised if people started viewing our fan base as classless trash.
I agree with this take if the clipper fans actually walked away from the confrontation. That didn't happen though. You ever get punched in the face and not react? It's a tough one. I think it is what it is.. stuff happens. Throw a few punches. Get out a few feelings....and be on your own separate ways. I know we don't live in that world any longer..jmo. :)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This happens at every home game if you are the opposing fan talking $hit and throwing a sucker punch. You go to someone's home and lose, just go home. Totally on the Clipper's idiot.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get the Clipper fan threw the first punch.. just take the win and go on our way. I never understand the point of kicking a fan while they just took a loss. Its not like you were playing the game and made the winning score. Its always been hey that was a good game man to opposing fans as I leave the stadium or arena. They have always replied back with something positive. The experience has always been good. No one likes to be kicked while they are down.
I agree i'm not going to fight anyone at a game ive got kids with me. And go to have a good time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pretty sure if guys keep getting crushed after throwing sucker punches it will indeed stop

Not sure about that. Did you see the videos of the Nuggets fans after they learned they were losing in 4? They said they kicked the other guys ass in a tiktok video and then the one kid was interviewed elsewhere explaining he didn't get beat up.

So maybe they need to be hit harder? Remove all doubt.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree with this take if the clipper fans actually walked away from the confrontation. That didn't happen though. You ever get punched in the face and not react? It's a tough one. I think it is what it is.. stuff happens. Throw a few punches. Get out a few feelings....and be on your own separate ways. I know we don't live in that world any longer..jmo. :)

I totally get it man. I am just saying we have to try and be the better person. I have been punched in the face sadly. My reactions has been hit back. Sometimes I smile and just laugh at them which the situation calms down easy when they realize you aren’t phased by it. It all depends on the situation. I use to be in the Marines and done a lot of stupid crap like getting into bar fights.

Not trying to be on a high horse cause I done stupid things and maybe 20 years ago I would have been doing that in the video. Maybe its cause I am older now and seen lots of fighting to just realize sometimes some things just aren’t worth it.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I totally get it man. I am just saying we have to try and be the better person. I have been punched in the face sadly. My reactions has been hit back. Sometimes I smile and just laugh at them which the situation calms down easy when they realize you aren’t phased by it. It all depends on the situation. I use to be in the Marines and done a lot of stupid crap like getting into bar fights.

Not trying to be on a high horse cause I done stupid things and maybe 20 years ago I would have been doing that in the video. Maybe its cause I am older now and seen lots of fighting to just realize sometimes some things just aren’t worth it.
And all your stupid crap from that past taught you the lessons you have learned to this day...these dudes might be no different. Never know. ;).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get the Clipper fan threw the first punch.. just take the win and go on our way. I never understood the point of kicking a fan while they just took a loss. Its not like you were playing the game and made the winning score. Its always been hey that was a good game man to opposing fans as I leave the stadium or arena. They have always replied back with something positive. The experience has always been good. No one likes to be kicked while they are down especially after spending money to go see their team win. I guess at the end of the day its just a game to me and not something worth fighting over.
I totally agree. What you just described is called winning with class.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yup. Only thing you get out of it is maybe an injury and a possible court date. They ain’t handing out championship belts and serious prize money (though book kinda did, which is why I kinda agreed with Richard Jefferson).

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So many lead changes. Seems like every time we pulled a head they always came back with a run and tied it or take the lead fast.

-PG13 looked like he was gassed out. I think these one day in between games will work in our favor.
-The team needs to step up just a little more. Can’t rely on Booker to shoulder the load.
-Can really tell how much we need CP3. Just way too many turn overs.
-Need to get a lead and hold it.

Game 2 is might be tough. I hope they are all still tired and we can take advantage of that.

I am at a disadvantage cause I usually know the out come but I don’t know how to feel about this game. I am not sure if what I am feeling is right cause I knew the outcome but I felt like we didn’t panic and was in control the whole time. When the Clips made a run we didn’t panic. We just matched them and pulled ahead again. When I watched the Nuggets game I felt we were in control throughout the game. This one I can’t really tell cause I knew the outcome.

Do you guys feel like we were in control the whole time?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So many lead changes. Seems like every time we pulled a head they always came back with a run and tied it or take the lead fast.

-PG13 looked like he was gassed out. I think these one day in between games will work in our favor.
-The team needs to step up just a little more. Can’t rely on Booker to shoulder the load.
-Can really tell how much we need CP3. Just way too many turn overs.
-Need to get a lead and hold it.

Game 2 is might be tough. I hope they are all still tired and we can take advantage of that.

I am at a disadvantage cause I usually know the out come but I don’t know how to feel about this game. I am not sure if what I am feeling is right cause I knew the outcome but I felt like we didn’t panic and was in control the whole time. When the Clips made a run we didn’t panic. We just matched them and pulled ahead again.

Do you guys feel like we were in control the whole time?
Uh, we only 7 turnovers the whole game.

it was tight the whole way but it never seemed like we were letting it get away. Without Paul and kawhi these are pretty evenly matched squads.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Uh, we only 7 turnovers the whole game.

it was tight the whole way but it never seemed like we were letting it get away. Without Paul and kawhi these are pretty evenly matched squads.

Thats it? It felt like it was more. I feel a little better knowing we didn’t let it get away.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I totally agree. What you just described is called winning with class.
How about losing with class? I have lost in other teams venues and simply walk out not saying a word no matter how they were taunting me. (And believe me they were being very abusive). I was in their house, we lost, I walked out with class. If I throw a sucker punch at the opposing team, that would be me being a jerk and completely out of line. I'm not going to blame our fans for this douche instigating this. It is on him, and him alone.

Now that I think about it, I have suffered worst abuse from opposing fans at my home stadium. Good old Sun Devil Stadium while supporting our Cards. I walked away in my own stadium from abusive fans of the visiting teams fans. This Clippers fan should have kept walking, not throwing sucker punches. Sorry, it is 100% on him.

And the cell phone issue. All that happened before everyone recorded it on their cell phone. This not new. It just wasn't recorded back then.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard