I loved him coming out of college
I thought he could be like steve smith.
But he doesnt have that anger on the field,
like steve smith.
I think if he gets that attitude he will be a better player

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Had some injuries concern through his nfl career but even when healthy didn't put it togheter, a great game then disappear for 5 games
Unfortunately he isn't someone to rely on

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He never really tracked the ball in college to draw Steve Smith comparisons.

If you saw Kirk as a freshman in college you would have thought he was going to be a superstar in the NFL though. However, he's had to lose that mass/strength in order to gain/maintain speed imo.

Just doesnt break tackles for real when and not a real YAC guy anymore. Probably because he's trying to preserve his body.

He's still a solid player.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s all dependent on Kyler. I’m not sure I’ve seen a more inconsistent QB in a while. When he’s on his game, he’s a top 5 QB. He can run and throw with timing, anticipation, velocity and accuracy. When he’s off or hurt, he’s scared to run, overly predictable and detrimental to the running game because of it, can’t/won’t stretch the field and behind with everything. Normally when Kyler is playing well, Kirk is scoring TD’s.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s all dependent on Kyler. I’m not sure I’ve seen a more inconsistent QB in a while. When he’s on his game, he’s a top 5 QB. He can run and throw with timing, anticipation, velocity and accuracy. When he’s off or hurt, he’s scared to run, overly predictable and detrimental to the running game because of it, can’t/won’t stretch the field and behind with everything. Normally when Kyler is playing well, Kirk is scoring TD’s.

This. Kirk is open a bunch but for whatever reason he's either low on Kyler's reads of the plays not designed for him.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just not that good, it is what it is.

Edit: And Kliff keeps him on the right side of the field 90 percent of the time

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Football is a funny game when it comes to evaluating individuals. Every players performance cannot be separated from their teammates performance.

I agree Kirk seems like he should be doing bigger things. Talent is there. But the opportunities for him have dropped since his 3 game hot streak. Has he even had a chance on a deep route since then?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
DEEP WR ROOM.

WR probably a bigger need than CB at this point.

BUT WE DRAFTED THREE TWO YEARS AGO.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
that’s a stretch. We don’t have a CB1 or CB2 signed for next season.

We can tag Patrick. Guys like DreKirk are usually available (we should prob try to bring him back).

We have exactly one pass catcher that knows our system worth anything right now.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
We can tag Patrick. Guys like DreKirk are usually available (we should prob try to bring him back).

We have exactly one pass catcher that knows our system worth anything right now.

I somewhat agree with your first statement, since the cupboard is about to be bare. But I don’t think the WR Situation is all the dire. Sure, I would like to see more from Kirk but honestly it’s hard to evaluate receivers when they aren’t targeted (like if they were open on the play etc). I still think he can be an above average receiver

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I would like to see Kirk In the slot more and put Fitzgerald outside. I’m pretty sure Fitzgerald cant outrun anyone but he can still get those 50/50 balls? Haven’t seen any of that this season

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kirk regression means Larry may have to be back next year as WR #3. Cards have no choice but to spend money on WR #2 in free agency.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kirk has the hands, speed and quicks to be a great #2 WR but as several of you have posted he disappears for games. How much of that is on KK and KM I can't say but I can say we NEED a real punt return man.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Kirk has the hands, speed and quicks to be a great #2 WR but as several of you have posted he disappears for games. How much of that is on KK and KM I can't say but I can say we NEED a real punt return man.
Never understood why we let cooper go, fair punt returner and could be used as a fourth receiver in a pinch, can't be over money.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never understood why we let cooper go, fair punt returner and could be used as a fourth receiver in a pinch, can't be over money.

agreed. That seems like they really wanted to only keep a certain number of WRs and Keim or KK wasn’t good to make themselves look like complete idiots by cutting Andy or Keesan and admitting complete failure on 2 of 3 WRs drafted after just one year.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
agreed. That seems like they really wanted to only keep a certain number of WRs and Keim or KK wasn’t good to make themselves look like complete idiots by cutting Andy or Keesan and admitting complete failure on 2 of 3 WRs drafted after just one year.
They should have cut AI and kept Cooper. It's not about admitting failure it's see the reality of things. Made a mistake move on, no need to throw good money after bad.