Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s been off for a VERY long time. Tomorrow it will be 17 days since he last played. I think we will see some rust. We also really don’t know how, if at all, Covid may affect him.

I wonder if he has been working out and shooting on this own? If that is the case, there could be some rust but I expect him to play through it. In terms of Covid I guess it depends on which stories were true. If he was A-symptomatic the entire time that shouldn't be an issue. Either way just having him on the court should be a huge psychological lift for the team. That was the case with the Lakers.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s been off for a VERY long time. Tomorrow it will be 17 days since he last played. I think we will see some rust. We also really don’t know how, if at all, Covid may affect him.
I think he is going to be very fresh and rested. Doubt much rust.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if he has been working out and shooting on this own? If that is the case, there could be some rust but I expect him to play through it. In terms of Covid I guess it depends on which stories were true. If he was A-symptomatic the entire time that shouldn't be an issue. Either way just having him on the court should be a huge psychological lift for the team. That was the case with the Lakers.
Some people run a mile, barely discernible fever--99 degree or so. I am guessing this is what it was. Just guessing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow, I hadn't done the math. It just doesn't feel that long since we've seen him tearing it up on the court. That's got to have an effect on him, hopefully not too much of one since he's a smart veteran and knows what to do during layoffs.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Wow, I hadn't done the math. It just doesn't feel that long since we've seen him tearing it up on the court. That's got to have an effect on him, hopefully not too much of one since he's a smart veteran and knows what to do during layoffs.
It will have been 11 days since he last played. We played game 4 against Denver on the 13th.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some people run a mile, barely discernible fever--99 degree or so. I am guessing this is what it was. Just guessing.

From what I understand, at least in the United States, that's not even considered a fever anymore.

Apparently emergency rooms were being overloaded, especially during flu season, due to anxious parents with children running temperatures just slightly above 98.6. Once there, medical staff had no choice but to fully evaluate them even if it was a waste of time and the extra burden on ER rooms was costing lives. So they've gradually raised the criteria for low grade fever as a temperature that ranges between 100.4 to 102.2 degrees.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah when I looked it up I was a little in shock.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am sure if the general was healthy enough to practice he would. He doesn’t seem like the type to just say screw it and do nothing. Especially with whats at stake.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For what its worth I can’t reveal my source but I know he was working on shoot with Sabrina Lonescu..

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He's been off 10 days, today. Nuggets game was June 13th. Still may have to shake off some rust, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His shoulder should be 100% now also. It didn't seem to bother him against Denver, he shot 75% from 3 in that series, but he also was playing a little more conservatively as far as not throwing cross court passes and mainly taking wide open 3's.

Every time I saw him stretch that right shoulder I worried a little throughout that series but I think that will stop now that he's had some significant rest.