Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
and all the ESPN guys are talking about him coming back, without hedging, like they all know something.
Woj was in Phoenix today and likely ran into one of his Suns sources **COUGH** James Jones **COUGH**

Woj doesn’t put that out there without some tangible information.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woj was in Phoenix today and likely ran into one of his Suns sources **COUGH** James Jones **COUGH**

Woj doesn’t put that out there without some tangible information.

agreed.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can we please just work out a new deal already. I rarely buy into the "mentoring young players"....but Monty + Cp3 has completely changed this team. I don't care if CP3 is not going to be the same player in 2-3 years...he adds a piece we have needed for over a decade.

Keep this team together as long as possible...they have something special going right now with Ayton, Booker, Bridges, Johnson, and others still improving.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
About time.

Now. No complacency. Things are not going to get easier because CP3 is back. Foot on the throat.

thats what I am saying. Its not time to be stepping down cause the general is back. Unless stepping down is stepping on their throats, looking into their eyes and seeing their soul fade away.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t think we will see complacency. You think Paul will allow for that after having missed two games of a conference finals?!? No way. He’s going to be on everyone for perfection.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Great news. Hope they don't let up and become to confident.

Payne is no Chris Paul, but I doubt CP would have contributed significantly more in game 2 than Payne did.

I expect game 3 to be rough...

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
there’s no way CP3 lets them get complacent. He’s two games away from completely changing his legacy.
Anyone see Cowherd this morning. He said that this is the championship series. These are the two best remaining teams. Interesting. That is the difference between this team and 1976 and 93.

The 76 team overachieved and beat better teams.
The 93 was evenly matched with the Bulls.

This team is better than the rest right now.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Payne is no Chris Paul, but I doubt CP would have contributed significantly more in game 2 than Payne did.

I agree with the first and last points, but the second point is a little more complex, in my opinion. I agree that statistically, Cam had a CP3-level game, but keep in mind that with Paul there, you still have Cam off the bench. Another thing is not measurable statistically, but CP3 knows how to remain calm when the going gets rough- he's been through it many times, whereas Payne, Book, and the rest of the guys haven't experienced these things before. What I am saying, I suppose, is that Paul's greatest strength is the rest of the team's biggest weakness.

But the important point is, as you mentioned, the fact that it will be a rough game, and the Suns need to be 100% ready for the toughest game they've had yet.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

We would’ve had more firepower coming off the bench. And we wouldn’t have had to weather the period during which none of Payne, book, or Ayton were on the floor.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree with the first and last points, but the second point is a little more complex, in my opinion. I agree that statistically, Cam had a CP3-level game, but keep in mind that with Paul there, you still have Cam off the bench. Another thing is not measurable statistically, but CP3 knows how to remain calm when the going gets rough- he's been through it many times, whereas Payne, Book, and the rest of the guys haven't experienced these things before. What I am saying, I suppose, is that Paul's greatest strength is the rest of the team's biggest weakness.

But the important point is, as you mentioned, the fact that it will be a rough game, and the Suns need to be 100% ready for the toughest game they've had yet.
If the refs allow the clips to play even rougher than last night they should be drawn and quartered.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
If the refs allow the clips to play even rougher than last night they should be drawn and quartered.

I agree, but I didn't mean rough as in "Clippers are gonna beat them up even more." I meant "rough" in more general terms. Clippers know their backs are against the wall, they will come out swinging.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree, but I didn't mean rough as in "Clippers are gonna beat them up even more." I meant "rough" in more general terms. Clippers know their backs are against the wall, they will come out swinging.
Agreed. But I think the only weapon left in their bag is to try to drag the game into the mud.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. I agree with the former. Did you see any of the Bucks/Nets series. That was a brawl. The good news is that this Suns team doesn't seem to back down. There is a toughness to them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know CP3 has been off. However, I think he smells blood in the water. Anybody going to be surprised if he puts up big numbers in his first game back?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know CP3 has been off. However, I think he smells blood in the water. Anybody going to be surprised if he puts up big numbers in his first game back?
He’s been off for a VERY long time. Tomorrow it will be 17 days since he last played. I think we will see some rust. We also really don’t know how, if at all, Covid may affect him.