Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It came from FlexfromJersey who appears to have a source on the Suns and he said he was able to get into contact with one of the league officials who told him it was something they would look into. Again the lack of result does not prove the statement was false.

lol... okay. I can see why that was taken seriously for even one second. I mean, Flex from Jersey obviously would have an in with network executives and NBA officiald

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was Matt Barnes who talked directly to Chris Paul. You really can’t get better verification than that. 3:30 mark on the video.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

yeah you can. You can hear CP3 say it himself.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah you can. You can hear CP3 say it himself.
LOL. Ok. Not enough for you. Not sure what more to say. I am sure CP3 thought telling Matt Barnes on the record would be good enough. I suppose he could make a written statement and have it notarized and show receipts.

And Flex from Jersey seems to have a buddy on the Suns where he gets info. He had insider info on the CP3 trade and more. I get it’s suspicious but it’s all we have.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. Ok. Not enough for you. Not sure what more to say. I am sure CP3 thought telling Matt Barnes on the record would be good enough. I suppose he could make a written statement and have it notarized and show receipts.

And Flex from Jersey seems to have a buddy on the Suns where he gets info. He had insider info on the CP3 trade and more. I get it’s suspicious but it’s all we have.

or he could have just given an interview. It’s not like we’ve never seen anyone with Covid not call in to a news show and talk about what’s going on.

it’s just weird to me. That’s all.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
amd you think the media just sat on that info for two days? Or the NBA just decided not to announce it? Has that EVER happened with any player all year?

or that if it was actually Monday that the Suns wouldn’t come out and say that was the actual day he got into the protocol?
No what I am saying is that I have not seen the media or the NBA confirm what date he entered protocol or tested positive. It’s all speculation.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No what I am saying is that I have not seen the media or the NBA confirm what date he entered protocol or tested positive. It’s all speculation.
Random test on Monday probably late in the day. Results come in on Tuesday. Team takes a few hours to assess and announces early Wednesday morning.

That seems the logical timeline, but I am just guessing.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Random test on Monday probably late in the day. Results come in on Tuesday. Team takes a few hours to assess and announces early Wednesday morning.

Yep. Seems like a logical assumption.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Makes sense but I would had him test again Tuesday hoping for the first negative.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was Matt Barnes who talked directly to Chris Paul. You really can’t get better verification than that. 3:30 mark on the video.

It's nice to hear someone come flat out and say it even if it is unofficial. There is also a cardiac testing period that can take up to 48 hours after two negative tests before a player returns to play.

Let's hope no one else tests positive.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was either Jackson or Legler who said he contacted CP3 and confirmed he had been vaccinated. So either Paul or one of those guys is lying if he hasn’t.

I don't think it's this at all. Everything is unofficial unless Chris Paul releases his medical information.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's nice to hear someone come flat out and say it even if it is unofficial. There is also a cardiac testing period that can take up to 48 hours after two negative tests before a player returns to play.

Let's hope no one else tests positive.

Isn’t there are a cardiologist on this forum…lets get this moving along already

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't see how that suggests he tested negative today. In light of the news that he is out for tomorrow's game I would have to assume he tested positive today.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I don't see how that suggests he tested negative today. In light of the news that he is out for tomorrow's game I would have to assume he tested positive today.

You need 2 negative tests in order to get out of the protocol. So even if he tested negative today, he's still not out of it yet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose