Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah go figure our professional athlete who's well maintained fully vaccinated body is a medical anomaly...go figure!

And ps...no one is asking Monty or Paul about this medical mystery

Monty isn't allowed to comment on any players Covid testing. As for Paul, he's been placed in the health and safety protocols so he hasn't been available to the media.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
yup. Definitely evens the playing field. I think taking both of those guys away, this is a pick ‘em series.
It’s generally considered Kawhi is going to miss the whole series right? Feels like we will only not have CP3 for a game or two. Advantage: Suns.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I found this to be a bit encouraging, albeit vague...

Any player who tests positive must “isolate away from his team until he either returns two consecutive negative PCR tests taken 24 hours apart or satisfies other criteria pursuant to our COVID protocols,” according to an N.B.A. spokesperson.

“It is also the case that vaccinated people may return two negative PCR tests more quickly than those who have not been vaccinated, and consideration of vaccination is included in the medical review of each case,” the N.B.A. said.

NYTimes.com/2021/06/16/sports/basketball/chris-paul-coronavirus.html

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found this to be a bit encouraging, albeit vague...

NYTimes.com/2021/06/16/sports/basketball/chris-paul-coronavirus.html

okay. Finally someone got an NBA quote that says maybe the protocol for a vaccinated player could be shorter. Been asking if anyone’s actually seen a comment from the league. If he only misses one game, I think we win in 6 or 7.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Monty isn't allowed to comment on any players Covid testing. As for Paul, he's been placed in the health and safety protocols so he hasn't been available to the media.

Paul can't get word out somehow like..."Hey I was fully vaccinated so I expect to be back very soon from this!...or "I'm not feeling too sick because I was fully vaccinated so it's mild"...I mean if it were me and I was a famous athlete in the middle of the playoffs I would want word to get out about this...unless I wasn't vaccinated.

By the way I got this off the CDC just now... "people who were partially or fully vaccinated were 66% less likely to test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 infection for more than one week in comparison to those who were unvaccinated"

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0607-mrna-reduce-risks.html

So if after a week if he's still testing positive then maybe it's time to consider he wasn't vaccinated. I mean we are dealing with likelihoods....not certainties. We aren't being given the full facts....yet. But the circumstantial evidence is becoming more compelling each day this continues

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
okay. Finally someone got an NBA quote that says maybe the protocol for a vaccinated player could be shorter. Been asking if anyone’s actually seen a comment from the league. If he only misses one game, I think we win in 6 or 7.
Finally? Lol you’ve been spouting nonsense and have the same access to Google as everyone else. Quit clogging the boards with lazy and whiny takes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul can't get word out somehow like..."Hey I was fully vaccinated so I expect to be back very soon from this!...or "I'm not feeling too sick because I was fully vaccinated so it's mild"...I mean if it were me and I was a famous athlete in the middle of the playoffs I would want word to get out about this...unless I wasn't vaccinated.

By the way I got this off the CDC just now... "people who were partially or fully vaccinated were 66% less likely to test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 infection for more than one week in comparison to those who were unvaccinated"

So if after a week if he's still testing positive then maybe it's time to consider he wasn't vaccinated. I mean we are dealing with likelihoods....not certainties. We aren't being given the full facts....yet. But the circumstantial evidence is becoming more compelling each day this continues

He's gotten word out, it's been reported by Gambo and ESPN. What more do you want, a video of him saying he's been vaccinated?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally? Lol you’ve been spouting nonsense and have the same access to Google as everyone else. Quit clogging the boards with lazy and whiny takes.

lol... I actually didn’t have access to that NY Times article because all my free articles are out. And nah. I think I’ll keep bugging you. Thanks for the advice though!

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's gotten word out, it's been reported by Gambo and ESPN. What more do you want, a video of him saying he's been vaccinated?

We don't know too much which leads to speculation at times. Yeah it would be nice for him to state it (again) about the vaccine and/or his current condition. Does he have a mild case or is it so bad he's incapacitated? This is almost seeming like radio silence...Tomorrow hopefully there will be some concrete answers. If not then it's back to circumstantial speculation which could be anything

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He was vaccinated. He has communicated that to the media. If he tests positive after a week, it’s because he is in the 34% who do.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess what I'm saying too is the severity of his case would be an indicator. If it's mild then probably the vaccine is working. If it's not mild... well...makes me wonder whats going on

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
yup. Definitely evens the playing field. I think taking both of those guys away, this is a pick ‘em series.
Agreed. Pick em. Would like to see us come out blazing to gain confidence of playing without Paul. I think our wings tend to play better with confidence.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s generally considered Kawhi is going to miss the whole series right? Feels like we will only not have CP3 for a game or two. Advantage: Suns.
I haven’t actually heard anyone make a definitive statement about kawhi. They’re still calling it a “sprain” which sounds like a completely serious malady.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Find me any post here before that one where someone from the nba made that statement. Quit clogging the board with being a jerk to other posters.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I haven’t actually heard anyone make a definitive statement about kawhi. They’re still calling it a “sprain” which sounds like a completely serious malady.
I've heard it's the ACL at that. This is a guy that refused to play through some quad issue, doubt he is stepping foot on the floor if his knee isn't 100% healthy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've heard it's the ACL at that. This is a guy that refused to play through some quad issue, doubt he is stepping foot on the floor if his knee isn't 100% healthy.
True. But we are the suns. So I’m sure he will be 100% healed by Sunday. The ghost of David stern will make it so.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i bet if we went on to a Clippers board we could find just as much “information” about Kawhi possibly coming back as we’ve got here with CP3.

I think the reality is no one has a clue either way for either guy right now.

Last week one tweet said Kawhi might have an ACL... and then that was never mentioned again.

who knows. We’ll know for sure who playing Game 1 on Sunday!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that was ONE tweet. And he’s a guy who dragged a bad knee up and down the court to get the Raptors to a title. This is his best shot since then.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess what I'm saying too is the severity of his case would be an indicator. If it's mild then probably the vaccine is working. If it's not mild... well...makes me wonder whats going on
I thought he was asymptomatic and had a very small viral . . .

nvm.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
that was ONE tweet. And he’s a guy who dragged a bad knee up and down the court to get the Raptors to a title. This is his best shot since then.
I guess we will see, but if it is ACL related I would be shocked to see him in this series, especially the first few games.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we will see, but if it is ACL related I would be shocked to see him in this series, especially the first few games.

oh, I agree. If it’s ACL, I don’t think we see him. But who f’n knows what it is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought he was asymptomatic and had a very small viral . . .

nvm.

lol... yeah... and the NBA might push our game to Tuesday... because we want that to happen.

no one knows anything except that Paul has Covid. Everything else is all of us throwing ish against the wall and hanging hopes on rumors and tweets.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson