Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's up to the team, mixed with state regulations.

In Portland, they capped at 8k and vaccinated sections thst were closer to players and you had to show proof. Also, vaccinated or not, masked were mandatory. Blame Sarver for being so lose.
We don't even know if that is how he got it and that is assuming that he actual has Covid.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if you end up spreading it the rest of the team and now everyone is in protocols? I would rather be short just CP3 for some of the series than potential 2-3 key players.

CDC says vaccinated people do not spread it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has been bad news this morning but I find some comfort knowing Chris Paul was vaccinated and the Suns organization had the highest participation level in league in getting vaccinated. It shows they took the virus seriously.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sucks. As the week drags on we will know by default if Chris was asymptomatic or not. The later we get in the week the less likely it is that he was asymptomatic and actually showing symptoms. Not only will he miss games, but miss practice time as well which likely means it will have a major impact on the WCF.

Do we have to worry about other players now testing positive? Not sure how much contact Paul had during his infection. I just can't believe we are sitting here talking about a breakthrough event when the Suns FINALLY see some success after more than a decade.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This was my biggest fear, when I saw CP3 and others climbing into the stands with the crowd and families after game 4.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
This was my immediate thought...still dumb. But nonetheless the "rules" I suppose.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sucks. As the week drags on we will know by default if Chris was asymptomatic or not. The later we get in the week the less likely it is that he was asymptomatic and actually showing symptoms. Not only will he miss games, but miss practice time as well which likely means it will have a major impact on the WCF.

Do we have to worry about other players now testing positive? Not sure how much contact Paul had during his infection. I just can't believe we are sitting here talking about a breakthrough event when the Suns FINALLY see some success after more than a decade.

oh yes you can. We can ALL believe!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
The Suns looking like a favorite to win the NBA title...

David Silver to his assistants: "See what you guys can dig up to give me grounds to suspend Chris Paul!"

The ghost of David Stern nods approvingly in the background.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Get busy worrying....or get busy enjoying..."

Good ole phrase from Andy Dufresne I tweaked a touch... ;)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh yes you can. We can ALL believe!

Trying to stay positive here and just focus on the facts.

Even though the facts are nobody should be surprised regardless of the outcome that even at the very least the Suns getting this kind of scare is in character.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hopefully the Clippers can fins a way to push it to a game 7. Give us a couple more days to get Paul back.

Of course if the Kawhiless Clippers can find a way to still win that series I would love our chances in the WCF even without Paul.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hopefully this is true. Means he isn't as far away from completing the process if his first positive was up to 2-3 days ago.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the testing works? If he had a test on Monday, and say he test negative tomorrow and negative again on Friday, would we be home free?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
2 hours ago (before Kawhi ACL news broke)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the testing works? If he had a test on Monday, and say he test negative tomorrow and negative again on Friday, would we be home free?
I believe so if he isn't showing symptoms. If he is showing symptoms he would have to at least wait until he has a few days without symptoms and negative tests.