Chris Paul enters COVID Protocol

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
....ok dad. ;)

I think sometimes things just get flowing and next thing ya know a few posts are made. I think it all kinda works its way back to the original topic eventually. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :)

We wouldn't want a bunch of Suns stuff on a Cardinals thread or suddenly Dbacks stuff convolution say a Suns game day thread.

All of this stuff goes where it goes for a reason.

It's great some people like to reminisce about the things that have come and gone in a neighborhood but there are people watching this thread for legitimate news.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN just confirmed that Game 1 will be Sunday afternoon if the Clippers win in 6.

Yeah... that whole “maybe the NBA pushes the game to Tuesday even though Sat/Sunday games are usually their best ratings nights in the playoffs” was real suspect.

kinda as suspect as a guy getting into the protocol on Wednesday and people expecting him to be out of it faster than any player who’s got Covid ever has. Yes, CP3 is one of t he first players ever to get it while vaccinated, but why that would mean his iso would be shorter is still a bit of a mystery to me. Everyone keeps bringing up so much lower of a viral load, but seems like a lot of wishful thinking. Especially since we have seen a coach who was vaccinated and get Covid and missed 6 games.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... that whole “maybe the NBA pushes the game to Tuesday even though Sat/Sunday games are usually their best ratings nights in the playoffs” was real suspect.

kinda as suspect as a guy getting into the protocol on Wednesday and people expecting him to be out of it faster than any player who’s got Covid ever has. Yes, CP3 is one of t he first players ever to get it while vaccinated, but why that would mean his iso would be shorter is still a bit of a mystery to me. Everyone keeps bringing up so much lower of a viral load, but seems like a lot of wishful thinking. Especially since we have seen a coach who was vaccinated and get Covid and missed 6 games.
Let's see how suns are at being underdogs again.....

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I'm not remotely concerned about a Kawhi-less Clippers in an opener here in Phoenix, even without Chris Paul.

On the road against the Jazz is another matter. But that series wouldn't be opening until Tuesday, so may not be as much of a concern that Paul will miss maybe more than one game.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I know tv and all, but I don’t recall many conference finals beginning with only a single days rest.

I agree, it seems unusual to me too. I know that they've given James and other older stars extra rest days in the recent past.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, it seems unusual to me too. I know that they've given James and other older stars extra rest days in the recent past.

As far as the Suns go, in 2006 WCF, Suns beat Clippers on 5/22 and played the WCF Game 1 5/24’against Dallas.

In 2018, after Portland went 7 against Denver they only had one day off before the WCF against GS.

In 2014, Houston only had one day of rest between 2nd round against Clippers and GS in WCF.

I could probably keep looking at all the conference finals for both conferences but I just don’t think it’s that uncommon.

Last edited:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok everyone is saying that Paul spread word around prior that he was vaccinated. Just wondering though...Is Monty taking questions from reporters lately or just making statements? I would think that some reporter would ask about Paul's vaccination if given the chance...Are the Suns ducking the press on any level right now or am I way off base?

Thoughts?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone is saying that Paul spread word around prior that he was vaccinated. Just wondering though...Is Monty taking questions from reporters lately or just making statements? I would think that some reporter would ask about Paul's vaccination if given the chance...Are the Suns ducking the press on any level right now or am I way off base?

Thoughts?

they can’t comment on any of that stuff. Havent all season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right, I meant "unusual," not "unprecedented." Oh wait, that's what I wrote in the first place.

It just happened in 2018 too with Portland and GS. I just don’t think it’s that unusual.

also happened in 2014 with Houston.

so, counting this year that would be one day of rest between 2nd round and WCF 3 of the last 8 years? That just doesn’t seem unusual to me. It’s probably more a function of how long each series goes.

I could keep looking these up, but I don’t really see the point continuing the convo with someone who obviously has a beef with me they’re carrying around.

(The Suns was just the first one I thought of off the top of my head.)

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clippers are falling apart at the moment. They are down by 18.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah loving it!

I have a lot of mixed feelings. I don't like losing home court advantage if the Jazz win in seven games. Of course getting Chris Paul back for the opener would be huge too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of mixed feelings. I don't like losing home court advantage if the Jazz win in seven games. Of course getting Chris Paul back for the opener would be huge too.

considering CP3 just got into the protocol Wed and we’ve NEVER seen ANY player get out of the protocol in less than 10 days unless they had a false positive test, I’m fine with extending this series as long as possible.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Same feeling on that. I guess we have to take what dealt. First things first...Chris needs more time. Secondly, if there is a game seven Clippers may win it ;)

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
considering CP3 just got into the protocol Wed and we’ve NEVER seen ANY player get out of the protocol in less than 10 days unless they had a false positive test, I’m fine with extending this series as long as possible.

I was just trying to look this up..."Whats the recovery time of a vaccinated person getting covid". Didn't find anything of course. It's probably a unique situation and there aren't enough statistics on it. Or I'm not wording it right. I would assume a fully vaccinated person catching covid would have a very high immune response and would recover in days...or a week but no more than two. But its very complex with a lot of variables I suppose.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Same feeling on that. I guess we have to take what dealt. First things first...Chris needs more time. Secondly, if there is a game seven Clippers may win it ;)

I'm torn. I don't like picking my poison. There are pros and cons.

I don't like the Clippers chances in Utah.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was just trying to look this up..."Whats the recovery time of a vaccinated person getting covid". Didn't find anything of course. It's probably a unique situation and there aren't enough statistics on it. Or I'm not wording it right. I would assume a fully vaccinated person catching covid would have a very high immune response and would recovery in days...or a week but no more than two. But its very complex with a lot of variables I suppose.

Apparently a player needs 2 negative tests in a row, at least 24 hours apart, to be taken out of the health and safety protocols. So that's what we're waiting for. The more time that passes, the better chance of that happening.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm torn. I don't like picking my poison. There are pros and cons.

I don't like the Clippers chances in Utah.

Yeah its kinda bad luck to pick your poison.. .

I think against either team the Suns will be favored though...especially with a healthy Paul.