Chip Kelly has lost his mind.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Great coach, with a great system.

He has no business controlling personal.

Besides dumping all the talent they have. Trading Nick Foles who had 27 TDs vs 2 INTs at one point and 1.5 mill cap hit for a QB that has been injured more than he has played with a 13 mill cap hit. Stupid.

But I can't stop watching!

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Don't forget, they threw in a high draft pick to convince the Rams to....give them the vastly inferior player?

My sense is that Kelly has some sort of plan but it happens to be a really terrible one. Back in college coaching next year.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yep!!! He got rid of all his offensive firepower for .30 cents on the dollar

Glad I'm not an Iggles fan wow

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Maybe Chip realizes that he has a snowball's chance in Hell of moving up to draft Mariota, and has settled for the next best thing?

Both Bradford and Mariota have:
- won a Heisman trophy
- led the NCAA in quarterback rating
- lost a National Championship game

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe Chip realizes that he has a snowball's chance in Hell of moving up to draft Mariota, and has settled for the next bet thing?

Both Bradford and Mariota have:
- won a Heisman trophy
- led the NCAA in quarterback rating
- lost a National Championship game

and both have some hawaiian origins

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think that Kelly just has a different idea of how football teams can be structured--it's fascinating.

Have 3 QBs that can play C-plus football. Put an All-Pro offensive line in front of him, and a rotation of backs to keep them fresh.

Invest your resources in defense that can stop the opponent and turn over the ball by running all over the field.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Also don't forget that Bradford is making a lot more then Foles. Bradford is still on the OLD rookie deal system. Of course I believe this is the last year of it, it's still a lot more then Foles.

So...less talent...less reliability...less cap space...less draft picks.

To lose Maclin and McCoy as well...simply wow.

So it's basically Sam Bradford 'the days with few playmakers' again. Or Mark Sanchez.

Some have suggested they are going to trade for Mariota...but now they have less picks, have an expensive QB, and I don't see the supposed Jets wanting Bradford in some trade for Mariota.

There has to be some light at the end of the tunnel for the Eagles right? Some plan...some idea. I just don't see it. FA already started, they are missing out on guys, and they are already down draft picks and have far more holes to fill then they already had 48-72 hours ago.

Whatever they might of gained cap space wise from getting rid of their offensive playmakers surely was filled by the addition of Bradford's contract, or pretty close.

PFT says Foles is overjoyed he's out of Philly...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/11/nick-foles-described-as-overjoyed-hes-out-of-philly

Sal Paolantonio of ESPN said on 97.5 The Fanatic that a Foles relative described Foles as ecstatic to no longer be an Eagle.

“I just talked to a member of Nick Foles’s family. He is absolutely pumped, overjoyed he’s out of Philly,” Paolantonio said.

I can't blame him.

Don't remember our schedule...but I sure hope we play the Eagles next year.

Oh and now PFT is reporting that Washington might take Chip's golden boy at #5

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/11/washington-may-be-in-the-mariota-business/
John Clayton of ESPN recently suggested that Washington would take Mariota at No. 5.

Last edited:

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
He's got a pair, that's for sure. If this fails he's out of a job and knows it. But if this works he's a genius and suddenly everyone else is copying him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Some have suggested they are going to trade for Mariota...but now they have less picks, have an expensive QB, and I don't see the supposed Jets wanting Bradford in some trade for Mariota.

I'm pretty sure that the Eagles received a 3rd round pick in addition to Bradford in that trade.

Anyone who thinks there's a step-down in talent from Foles to Bradford--or in durability--is absolutely deluding themselves. Foles is a not-good quarterback, and I'm stoked at the opportunity to play against him twice next season.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the Eagles received a 3rd round pick in addition to Bradford in that trade.

And he also gave up next years 2nd. For a worse more expensive QB & a 2nd rounder? Lol Sounds like us getting fleeced by Fatboy for Kolb.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Anyone who thinks there's a step-down in talent from Foles to Bradford--or in durability--is absolutely deluding themselves. Foles is a not-good quarterback, and I'm stoked at the opportunity to play against him twice next season.

No. Rams get Philly's fourth this year. Eagles get a 5th this year. Rams get a 2nd-4th next year based on how much he plays. Technically they have the 'same picks' for this year, but of lower quality, but long term are out more picks, perhaps as high as an additional 2nd. But I believe that he needs to play 50 percent of the snaps for that to happen, so maybe not.

Oh here's a source, and it actually shows that if he is re-injured they have to give a 3rd to the Rams. LOL, they specifically have an injured clause in addition to playtime clause in the trade. That's injury prone, and the Rams know it and made sure to include such a clause in the trade.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...trading-sam-bradford-to-eagles-for-nick-foles
The Eagles announced Tuesday that they have agreed to trade quarterback Nick Foles, a fourth-round draft pick in 2015 and a second-round pick in 2016 to the St. Louis Rams in exchange for quarterback Sam Bradford and the Rams' fifth-round pick in 2015.

In addition, NFL Media's Albert Breer reports the Eagles will receive a fourth-round pick in 2016 if Bradford doesn't start eight games; they will get a third-rounder if he is re-injured.

Not deluding myself. Bradford was outplayed by John Skelton for a full 15 game stretch over multiple seasons, Foles hasn't blown out his knee multiple times, and besides a couple of good games to start his career, Bradford has been very 'meh'. His arm isn't very strong. Not weak, but definitely not ideal.

He did pretty good to start this past year, I'll give him that. He can make quick decisions on short passes.

Foles broke his collarbone, is +29 TD to INT...despite his bad start to last season. 46 Td's in 28 games. Getting close to Bradford's number in 28 games. The size and strength you look for in a QB.

Bradford has 59 TD's in 48 games, and he's walking into a system, that right now is as bare of offensive talent as the early years in St. Louis. Maybe it gets a little better if they sign Mathews, who has talent, but also made of glass, and a clear downgrade from McCoy.

Meanwhile the Rams are bringing in a guy who threw 3 TD's against us his first game, and threw for 411 yards his 2nd game. Be careful what you wish for...

Last edited:

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Foles is damn good and ten thousand times better than Bradford.

Shoot Bradfords been out of the game for 2 years straight. The NFL passes you buy in 1 year out of the game....Chip is an idiot!

I hate the trade because it makes the Rams a ton better

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that the Redskins getting involved with saying they would take Mariota at 5 if he fell that far, makes me think that they will be wanting something big in return from the Eagles if they did get him

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Foles passed for 411 yards against us last season and 237 yards and 3 TD's in 2013. Be careful what you wish for.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Chip said in a conference that he has no intentions on going after Mariota.