Chip Hale is the New Diamondbacks Manager

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have me confused - you said ready to compete.

Yup, Kris Bryant is ready to take over 3B and is an absolute stud, so much so they do not want service time starting until opening day next season. Jorge Soler is for real. Anthony Rizzo is solid at 1B. Castro is moving to second for Javier Baez, who showed flashes. If Baez struggles, Addison Russell will be given a shot. Arismendy Alcantara is still a question, but can play OF and Chris Coghlan is decent, while Justin Ruggiano can repalce either of them. They could use an upgrade at C, but Welington Castillo is servicable and they have Kyle Schwarber who could be ready next season, but is targeted for 2016. The BP is average, but Hector Rondon is for real at closer. They still need two more starters, but Jake Arrieta, Kyle Hendricks and Tsuyoshi Wada are decent middle of the roation guys. They have a couple of arms ready to come up too in C.J. Edwards, Pierce Johnson and Corey Black. Edwin Jackson is garbage and needs to be cut. If they go after Jon Lester, James Shields or Max Scherzer as their ace, they would compete for a playoff spot.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Joe Maddon just opted out of his contract with Tampa... did we hire Hale too soon?
I think we didn't hire Chip soon enough. :)

He did a great job developing the BabyBacks for the parent team. And still led his Minor League team to a championship.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And that is why I have been a Chip Hale fan ever since he led D-backs Minor League teams to championships and was selected Minor League manager of the year.

I am so glad he is getting his chance to manage in the Majors, and with the D-backs. He is not going to change everything overnight, but watch the progress, guys. You are going to like what you see.

I expect Chip to gain from the best and abandon the worst of those under whom he played and coached. Actually, that is not just a prediction. He already showed some of that within our Minor League farm system.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were also talking about him going to Chicago since that team is just about ready to compete.

The White Sox?

No, that team is going the other way.

You have me confused - you said ready to compete.

Yup, Kris Bryant is ready to take over 3B and is an absolute stud, so much so they do not want service time starting until opening day next season. Jorge Soler is for real. Anthony Rizzo is solid at 1B. Castro is moving to second for Javier Baez, who showed flashes. If Baez struggles, Addison Russell will be given a shot. Arismendy Alcantara is still a question, but can play OF and Chris Coghlan is decent, while Justin Ruggiano can repalce either of them. They could use an upgrade at C, but Welington Castillo is servicable and they have Kyle Schwarber who could be ready next season, but is targeted for 2016. The BP is average, but Hector Rondon is for real at closer. They still need two more starters, but Jake Arrieta, Kyle Hendricks and Tsuyoshi Wada are decent middle of the roation guys. They have a couple of arms ready to come up too in C.J. Edwards, Pierce Johnson and Corey Black. Edwin Jackson is garbage and needs to be cut. If they go after Jon Lester, James Shields or Max Scherzer as their ace, they would compete for a playoff spot.

Hey, I was actualy right about something. They signed Lester and are in the thick of things. Even called Russell, Soler and Bryant all going something. And Schwarber is even better than anyone thought. Russell, Soler and Bryant are still a work in progress.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was actualy right about something. They signed Lester and are in the thick of things. Even called Russell, Soler and Bryant all going something. And Schwarber is even better than anyone thought.

You did.

Cubs will still blow it.