Chicago trip advice needed

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I had Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix. Thought it was good, but not the groundbreaking pizza many others claim it to be.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have a fun trip in bears terriotry lol better than a raiders away gm least

Represente cards well :) with cards gear

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giordanos > Lou's but not by much.

Giordanos and Portillos are my go to places in Chicago. They did end both bringing all 3 of those places to the Valley though so it isn't a crazy big deal if you miss them.

Also, there is a burger joint about 3 blocks from Wrigley that has one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. Double burger with gyro meat on top. *chef's kiss*

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Giordanos and Portillos are my go to places in Chicago. They did end both bringing all 3 of those places to the Valley though so it isn't a crazy big deal if you miss them.

Also, there is a burger joint about 3 blocks from Wrigley that has one of the best burgers I have ever eaten. Double burger with gyro meat on top. *chef's kiss*
Spartan Pita and Gyro here in phx, 46th st and Thomas, has a really good burger with gyro meat. Well at least they did, heard the ownership changed recently and the food might not be as good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Insanity On Giordano’s. Another great place is Al’s Italian Beef.

and if you just want to be entertained go to Weiner Circle on a Friday or Saturday nights after midnight.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

and if you just want to be entertained go to Weiner Circle on a Friday or Saturday nights after midnight.
eh... wiener circle if you want to watch a bunch of privilaged white frat boys yell racial obscenities at the workers. It gets pretty bad in there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eh... wiener circle if you want to watch a bunch of privilaged white frat boys yell racial obscenities at the workers. It gets pretty bad in there.

it used to be the other way around where the workers were hilarious cut-down artists of anyone who walked in the door.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Weiner Circle is absolutely chaos at those times. And hilarious.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is close but I have never had a bad pie at Giordanos. Also, I like Portillos a bit more than Al's due to the sausage.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
What was everyone’s reason for going to Chicago? Doesn’t seem like a vacation destination to me. My wife had a work thing so I decided to go along…. had a great time. Why did you all go?

Work trip?
Visiting friends/family?
Sporting/concert event?
Passing through on the way to another destination?

Just seems odd that a bunch of Cardinals fans have all visited there. There can’t be any Chicago Cardinals fans on this board…

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I've been to 2 games in Chicago with Cards gear on and never had any issues. Bears fans aren't bad.
I was with you for one of them. Bears fans were mellow if course we were kicking the crap out of them too. I think David Johnson took the opening kick off for a TD and we never looked back. Last game I went to with okcardszona. Miss ya brother.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There can’t be any Chicago Cardinals fans on this board…
Grew up in Chicago and it was my dad infected me with Big Red fever in 1960. I remember going to the Armed Forces game at Soldier’s Field (Bears played at Wrigley) and number 3 Billy Gambrell became my first Cardinal hero.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was everyone’s reason for going to Chicago? Doesn’t seem like a vacation destination to me. My wife had a work thing so I decided to go along…. had a great time. Why did you all go?

Work trip?
Visiting friends/family?
Sporting/concert event?
Passing through on the way to another destination?

Just seems odd that a bunch of Cardinals fans have all visited there. There can’t be any Chicago Cardinals fans on this board…

Family.

But Chicago in summer is absolutely a vacation destination, IMO. Downtown is one of this country’s greatest cities, IMO. Great food, museums, historic sports venues with Wrigley. And I love the people downtown. Have always made fast friends with total strangers in that city.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Family.

But Chicago in summer is absolutely a vacation destination, IMO. Downtown is one of this country’s greatest cities, IMO. Great food, museums, historic sports venues with Wrigley. And I love the people downtown. Have always made fast friends with total strangers in that city.
+1 Grew up Downstate, but downtown Chicago/Lakefront is absolutely a must see in the summer/fall.