Chase Edmonds claims “culture issues” with Cardinals???

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Systemic issue. Obviously, starts with Mikey, but is reinforced by the numbskulls like Keim and Kliff.
I still think Kliff is the least of this team's worries...He may even be the reason we don't really hear any locker room talk. Everything seems to come from former players. Even Kyler's antics were aimed at the FO, not the HC.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I still think Kliff is the least of this team's worries...He may even be the reason we don't really hear any locker room talk. Everything seems to come from former players. Even Kyler's antics were aimed at the FO, not the HC.
Kyler and Kliff do have the same agent... so there's that.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hadn’t thought about this but you are correct. Kliff is not getting the criticism.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You beat me to it. I don’t think there will be many jumping for joy if Kyler signs a 50m a year deal.
We can’t build a team while he is on a rookie contract. What will it be like when Kyler takes up 25% of the cap?
They are not going to trade Kyler.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are you sure about this?
I don't have to be happy as I don't sign the checks. Ever notice that the very best GM's in all sports trade players when they have value....If I was king of the forest he waits to show the value he "thinks" he has. Take a run a Mayfield...poor guy played hurt all of last year. Maybe 2 1's and a 2 for Murray and we fill a few serious holes, eh?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Awe, the grand fallback for players when they are the ones which decide if one wins or loses. I have a novel idea, make a play Edmonds, juke that one last defender, block that guy to give your QB time, don't lose focus Peterson and tackle someone... whatever, justify not being part of the problem Edmonds and blame it on culture for accepting that mentality

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cowherd said Kliff loves Kyler and Kyler likes Kliff as well. So it seems the issue is with management and how things are communicated.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it’s ok to question the teams commitment to winning. However , in Chases case he went to a team that’s being investigated for their efforts to intentionally lose games and has been pretty bad mostly for the last 20-30 years .

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
It's reasonable to assume that James Conner, Zach Ertz, AJ Green, Colt McCoy, and Max Williams don't have a problem with the Cardinals culture, or else you wouldn't think they would re-sign with the team.

The two guys referenced who commented on the culture , Edmonds and Peterson, were not re-signed by the team. Go figure.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
It's reasonable to assume that James Conner, Zach Ertz, AJ Green, Colt McCoy, and Max Williams don't have a problem with the Cardinals culture, or else you wouldn't think they would re-sign with the team.

The two guys referenced who commented on the culture , Edmonds and Peterson, were not re-signed by the team. Go figure.
This one should have been thankful the team even kept him around after all of his PED lying and antics. The often referenced BB would have sent him packing immediately.

Reactions: PJ1

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
“When you see (good) culture teams in the NFL, like the Baltimore Ravens, the New Orleans Saints, the San Francisco 49ers, those teams — no matter how talented they look, bro, from top to bottom — they just somehow how to find a way to win damn games,” stated Edmonds, who performed with Murray for 3 seasons earlier than going to the Miami Dolphins. “Even like Mike Tomlin with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Some teams have that culture, and some teams don’t. I feel like that’s kinda what it was for us.”

Meanwhile Deebo is demanding to be traded from the good cultured Niners.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

on the drama from Kyler this offseason "it wasn't surprising to me in the least... the frustration at the end of last year was boiling over"

he also said that a teams culture prevents a team from collapsing 2 years in a row the way we did. Pat P echoed his sentiment about the cards culture (obviously he's salty)

"the way things are, I don't think so" - Edmonds when asked if kyler will finish his career as a cardinal

"no disrespect to the cardinals, but they don't put the team in position to be successful year after year. they want to sit and wait on draft picks instead of being aggressive in free agency. kyler murray isn't going to sit around and wait for that" - Pat P

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

on the drama from Kyler this offseason "it wasn't surprising to me in the least... the frustration at the end of last year was boiling over"

he also said that a teams culture prevents a team from collapsing 2 years in a row the way we did. Pat P echoed his sentiment about the cards culture (obviously he's salty)

"the way things are, I don't think so" - Edmonds when asked if kyler will finish his career as a cardinal

"no disrespect to the cardinals, but they don't put the team in position to be successful year after year. they want to sit and wait on draft picks instead of being aggressive in free agency. kyler murray isn't going to sit around and wait for that" - Pat P
Edmonds and PP realize they were part of that culture, right? PP, especially, should have been looked to, to be a leader and raise the culture. IMO, they are both pointing out their own failures as leaders on the team.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Keim is a problem: he can’t draft for crap and when he does draft a decent player they almost never sign a second contract.

Kliff is a problem: Because Coachbro can’t coach for crap and is a perennial choker lacking humility and is often predictable.

Bidwill is a problem: Because he is too busy being buddies with Keim and can’t make a proper decision about him due to being clouded by said friendship.

Murray is a problem: Because his ego and belief he can excel purely on his god-given talent prevent him from working on his faults and doing more in the film room than the bare minimum.