Charles Barkley at it again...

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
Once again he is talking how we can't stop anyone and cann't rebound. How in the hell did we win two games so far. Charles Barkley is the biggest moron ever. How in the hell did he end up on the TV. I hate watching that guy on TNT. He is constantly picking fights with people and that show is more about him and what he likes/dislikes then about the game and players in it.

Dallas is doing only one thing in this game and so far we haven't had an answer for it. They are posting Barbosa down low and kicking it or taking him inside and creating havoc in our defense. This is where we need JJ. Also, they are playing with a sense of urgency and we are not. We are doing everything wrong and Mr. Barkley is on our case again. When asked, before the game who is going to win this game he avoided question. What a waste os space!

jibikao

Reaction score
Why are you even watching that BS??

I just turned it off at half and turn it on again after 15mins.

You knew they would talk BS about any team that is losing. The TNT Crew NEVER likes Mavs/Suns. And we did play very defense right now by not boxing out.

But do yourself a favor, switch channels or turn your TV off. That Barkley is nothing but a sour-grape eating moron. Whenever we win, he usually only says that's because the other team did a bad job on us. He never really says how great our offense is and how we DO have defense sometimes like in Game 3.

Barkley is rooting AGAINST Suns and you know it. He is a very competitive player and if he can't do it, he won't want anybody else to do it. That simple.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Barkley expanded on his reasons for picking Dallas at halftime - He basically said that the Suns don't get enough defensive stops and give up too many rebounds to be successful in a 7 game series against good teams. Tonight he was dead-on, but I still think the Suns are too good offensively for a team to be able to shut us down for 4 out of 7 games.

jibikao

Reaction score
We won 62W with the same strategy.

I refuse to think we are going to get "exposed" because we've been like this for the whole year.

What happened tonight is that we had NO BENCH showing up. Barbosa sucks like hell. He couldn't hit anything. He can't assist, he can't score and he can't get some defensive stops we need.

If we had JJ, our offense will be a lot whole lot smoother since JJ can drive inside to break up the defense.

We are not being exposed. This is only a 2-2 series so far. We just need to over-come our shortcomings.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
The Mavs destroyed us on the offensive glass. Our guys don't box out at all. So many times I saw Dampier just set up shop down low as a shot went up and he was completely untouched, they didn't even try to put a body on him at all. Guys are too busy trying to run out. 2nd shots are killing us right now.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
who was putting a body on stackhouse ... was insane how he was working in the paint

rebounding and defense has been a concern for the suns all season ... most teams they've outmatched so strongly on offense that it hasn't mattered

now that there are only good teams left, the gap narrows a bit and the rebounding/defense become more important

they still don't have to be elite at those things ... just can't be as pitiful as last night

if they can be average at that and keep the offense rolling then they are still the favorites to win it all

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
I thought Barkley's postgame comments were right on the mark. We usually CAN'T get stop when we have to, and our rebounding i game 4 was very poor. He said he is proud of the Suns and would love to see them win, but he just thinks the Mavs depth is going to wear out the Suns.

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
We always get stops when we need to in the 4th normally. No idea what Charles is on about. We played a bad game last night, the mavs had their backs against the wall. They took care of homecourt. We must do the same.

no big deal.

our crowd will be booming on wednesday.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
goldseraph said:
We usually CAN'T get stop when we have to

uh - then how did we win 62 games and why were we 6-1 in the postseason prior to last night if USUALLY we CAN'T get a stop when we have to? That's weird - seems to me according toyou we should have lost a whole hell of a lot of games in that case.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
uh - then how did we win 62 games and why were we 6-1 in the postseason prior to last night if USUALLY we CAN'T get a stop when we have to? That's weird - seems to me according toyou we should have lost a whole hell of a lot of games in that case.

Well, we won by an average of 10 points a game...we just outscored everyone...that doesn't take a whole lot of defense :)

mike

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Well, we won by an average of 10 points a game...we just outscored everyone...that doesn't take a whole lot of defense :)

mike

That is a common statement, but really has no real basis in reality. I think you know that though.

fordronken

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
That is a common statement, but really has no real basis in reality. I think you know that though.

If a defensive team gets outscored by another team, do they still win? Maybe I just don't understand basketball very well, but I thought the score was important.

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score

Exactly... getting a critical stop is also different in a high stakes playoff atmosphere than in the regular season. I'm not saying our D is horrible, but I would rate it as below average. Our offense just happens to be mind-blowing on most nights.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Our defensive stats look much better when you base your calculations on points allowed per possession instead of the standard points per game. Last time I checked we were just about average, which isn't great but this is just the way the team has been constructed and the style we've chosen to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison