Changes for Next Season?

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Might as well get this thread started. It's inevitable.

OP
OP
Raindog

Raindog

Reaction score
Highest priority has to be get at least one, if not two legit post bigs - one to spell Ayton and at least one who can play along side him against bigger lineups. Crowder or Saric isn't going to do it. I would like to see Richaun Holmes back here if that's somehow doable.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Highest priority has to be get at least one, if not two legit post bigs - one to spell Ayton and at least one who can play along side him against bigger lineups. Crowder or Saric isn't going to do it. I would like to see Richaun Holmes back here if that's somehow doable.
Agreed and saric is unlikely to play at all next season

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
They have to get a big with some athleticism or at least enough size to score in the low post.
Beyond that, it's just player development. Bridges, Ayton, Johnson should all be getting better. Hope that Booker learned something from the playoffs as well.

It's easy to get frustrated with the Suns' finals performance, but we have to remember that this team did not make playoffs last year. Nobody outside of Crodwer has finals experience. Hell, nobody except for Crowder and Paul have any significant playoff experience.
This season was a huge sucess, but they just didn't have enough size or experience do put Milwaukee away.

OP
OP
Raindog

Raindog

Reaction score
Signing Ayton to a big money extension is a huge mistake. Trade him for pieces and picks, extend CP3 and build around the backcourt.

While I share some significant reservations about Ayton, I think its about 100% likely they sign him to the big extension. We are just going to have to find a way to limit the impact of his lazy and soft play, and take advantage of some of the skills he does bring.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A PG who isn’t going to have a panic attack when it matters most.

Chris Paul now has the most blown 2-0 leads in the best of 7 series at 4....4!!!!!

yeah I get it but he can’t have 5 assist tonight and 3 turnovers are you kidding me. No way on gods green earth should we give him the extension and money he wants at 37.

this loss is on Monty and Paul hopefully Monty will learn from this but this is who Paul is.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Middleton is going to get paid. The Bucks can’t afford him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing major. We need frontcourt depth badly. Address that, resign Payne, extend Paul, and go into next year with a chip on our shoulder.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trading for Pascal doesn’t sound bad right now

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the problems is the Suns don't have a lot of assets to trade unless they move a key player. They definitely need 2-3 more big men and a third point guard. If the Suns had drafted Haliburton their window would be wide open.

OP
OP
Raindog

Raindog

Reaction score
No way I give Bridges anything close to max extension. He doesn't look like anything more than an okay complementary guy to me... and I don't see him upping his game all that much as time goes on. There are probably about 50 other guys in the league just like him.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's under contract for 2 more years and has a player option on a 3rd year. They don't even need to consider his future this offseason.
They likely have him for one more season. They will need to move him if they can’t clear space. He will get a huge contract. It would be dumb for him to use the player option. That might force the Bucks to move him sooner.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No way I give Bridges anything close to max extension. He doesn't look like anything more than an okay complementary guy to me... and I don't see him upping his game all that much as time goes on. There are probably about 50 other guys in the league just like him.

I extend Bridges before I extend Ayton, but certainly not at the Max.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You tell Bridges and Ayton they get max deal... to split between them, kind of like the Morrii. If one is willing to kill the other so they don't have to share then they're worth the max alone for finally showing some fight.

I'm only half joking....

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul was hurt a big chunk of the playoffs and his playoff record is abysmal. Are we all still in with Paul at 37 next year?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What other option do we have?
Trades? Not saying there is a better option but can you depend on Paul come playoff time to stay healthy?! Especially, being a year older? History says no.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose