Chandler Jones removes all Cardinals references from IG

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And what happens when he has 15 sacks and says "No thanks Steve. I remember what you said last offseason. I'll go earn my money elsewhere"

Players doesn't make any discount, they care about themself and their main goal is getting paid, so we as a fans we shouldn't care much about feelings or worrying about them getting the right treatment
I root for the team, players goes and some new players will be the face of the franchise

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players doesn't make any discount, they care about themself and their main goal is getting paid, so we as a fans we shouldn't care much about feelings or worrying about them getting the right treatment
I root for the team, players goes and some new players will be the face of the franchise

I agree with most of that. But I do think it is best for the TEAM to cut him a nice guaranteed check for a 1-2 extension.

It was a torn pec for chrissakes. That's not a career threatening injury.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And what happens when he has 15 sacks and says "No thanks Steve. I remember what you said last offseason. I'll go earn my money elsewhere"
We get a much needed comp pick the following year when we are rebuilding on account of Kyler’s new deal.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
One of the few players that has lived up to & exceeded a major contract by Cardinals is now a washed up bum due to bad 4 game stretch in one of the worst years for anything on record. Alrighty lol

SMH.... Awesome sarcasm and great point I agree completely... Keim needs to put the bottle down and quit drinking. No one has mentioned that Jones injury ( Like to many players to even name last season that got injured ) might have more to do with circumstances of last season.
The Cards are in the NFC WEST. It's not like the team is playing in the AFC EAST of 4 or 5 years ago, where the Patriots played horrible Bills, Dolphins and Jets teams twice a year.
If the Cards get rid of Jones then getting J.J Watt was a waste. Without Jones, Watt will be facing the same problems he had in Houston last season (double teams with NO help) unless everyone thinks Simmons and Collins with Gardecki are just going to be studs.

So yea, the Cards should get rid of Chandler Jones for future picks, and get rid of a good player who knows the system on a defense with new players, because he got injured in a year that the world hasn't seen since the spanish flu a hundred years ago SMDH....

Last edited:

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jones worth every penny if kiem trades him etc he is a moron

You are not going to replace a probowl player like jones via draft trade fa

Pay the guy kiem extend his contract him and watt could cause major problems for oline!!!

Lol don't need to see another card leave and win a damn superbowl getting tired of that

Go Cards!!!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Don't we have a history of giving large contracts to guys coming back from a major injury and then being screwed? Maybe so, but I don't Chandler is that guy. I believe he will thrive with our defense the next few years. We have to find a way to keep him.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He showed up for pictures but is holding out of mini-camp. It's fairly clear that he wants to play here but also wants an extension. I'm sure they'll work something out.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What kind of extension would u like to give him if u are the GM?
Certainly the subar performances in early games and the season ending injury has an effect on it

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What kind of extension would u like to give him if u are the GM?
Certainly the subar performances in early games and the season ending injury has an effect on it

2 years at $18m per. $28m guaranteed. 3rd year team option at the same rate. $1m bonus for 10+ sacks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose