Chandler Jones removes all Cardinals references from IG

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Totally. Much Better to spend 6 million dollars on Derek Kennard and 2 million on an even bigger fluke coming off an ACL surgery THIS calendar year.

Proximo was also the guy calling Zaven Collins slow. I honestly don’t know how people could have watched Reddick last year and come away with the opinion we should have let him walk for what he did.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Or “I’m just trying to get as much as I can while playing such a dangerous sport to where I won’t be 100% when I retire & make sure my kids, grandkids, & great grandkids are set”.
because they aren't already set

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Totally. Much Better to spend 6 million dollars on Derek Kennard and 2 million on an even bigger fluke coming off an ACL surgery THIS calendar year.

1)I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have accepted the 1 year 8 mil contract from the Cardinals
He didn't realize the market was nothing special for him and he wouldn't have signed a prove it deal with the Cardinals

2)I think u underestimate gardeck, in the few snaps he played he looked to be unstoppable
Certainly the injury is the, reason he wasn't signed for more, there is a chance he can contribute rather sooner then later, he is a high energy guy and can go against the odds e recover early in the, season

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Jones did not show for OTA's.

Pretty good indication he is not happy with his contract situation.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is literally a clickbait speculation article from one of the least reputable sources in media but ok.

Correct. He has a total of 8 posts on Instagram. There is no before with Cardinals stuff.

Only people looking to back up their own internet blogging assumptions

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Correct. He has a total of 8 posts on Instagram. There is no before with Cardinals stuff.

Only people looking to back up their own internet blogging assumptions

You can make of it whatever you like but last week his IG profile image had him in uniform and his header said,

Father, Son, Brother, Friend & #55 All-Pro LB for the Arizona Cardinals. (Ephesians 6:11)

This week it says,

Father, Son, Brother, Friend (Ephesians 6:11)

Maybe it's nothing to do with him contract but either way someone purposefully changed his profile image and deleted the reference to him being a linebacker for the Cardinals while changing nothing else.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
I am fully onboard cutting Kennard. He was given way to much money and did absolutely nothing.

The 2 million for the bigger fluke produced more pass rushes per snap by a lot. So he is a hell of a lot better bargain - especially for a player that is only a pass rusher.

You can't have it both ways - if you believe Reddick's stats were not a fluke - because he had one season where he did anything, than you should not doubt Gardeck who had 7 sacks in consideribly less snaps.

If you want say they are both flukes fine - they might be, but I know which is the better bargain.

Cutting Kennard doesn't save anything. His contract is fully guaranteed.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For me they should give him the deal he deserves based on all the years before last year.

He's a team captain and locker room leader. Well respected throughout the org. It does no good to short change a guy like that.

At the very least they should give him a short extension with guaranteed money. He has no guarantees at the moment which is surely his biggest concern.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For me they should give him the deal he deserves based on all the years before last year.

He's a team captain and locker room leader. Well respected throughout the org. It does no good to short change a guy like that.

At the very least they should give him a short extension with guaranteed money. He has no guarantees at the moment which is surely his biggest concern.

When a player is over 30 doesn't have much leverage, especially coming from a season ending injury and a bunch of subpar game

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When a player is over 30 doesn't have much leverage, especially coming from a season ending injury and a bunch of subpar game

If this was a running back tailing off or a WR2 then I'd agree but this is the defensive captain, someone dedicated to the team that players look up to.

Being cheap with players like that is counter productive.

And frankly they need him motivated this year and back next year. They have nobody coming through.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If this was a running back tailing off or a WR2 then I'd agree but this is the defensive captain, someone dedicated to the team that players look up to.

And frankly they need him motivated this year and back next year. They have nobody coming through.

Pretty sure if we don’t extend a 30+ year old Dline player coming off a serious injury that was non-existent in his 4 appearances last year that he will still be motivated to earn another contract else where or simply doesn’t have IT anymore. Fading into a Juston Houston of the Colts role in future years.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Is he in a contract year right?
He should be enough motivated

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is he in a contract year right?
He should be enough motivated

And what happens when he has 15 sacks and says "No thanks Steve. I remember what you said last offseason. I'll go earn my money elsewhere"

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And what happens when he has 15 sacks and says "No thanks Steve. I remember what you said last offseason. I'll go earn my money elsewhere"

I’ll say, he got paid and hopefully we get a 3rd round comp pick

I only care about those on the team at any given moment. I’ve learned not to fall in luv with the player, not even fitz…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose