CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I make my mocks, I take Avila at 34 probably 75% of the time.

What that means is that Avila is going round 1. An extremely versatile, big, OL who moves well probably won't last until round 2. Or hell he falls to round 6 and we are all scratching our heads, WHY!

Yup. I think 75% chance he goes round 1. He's certainly a round 1 talent, it really just depends what those teams at the back of the 1st round need. Other than the Giants I'm not sure if anyone else is in dire need of a center or guard. But he might not make it past the Steelers or Texans at the top of the 2nd.

I think he's the 1st IOL off the board.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... i like Avila... only downside is i hear he is a little intellectually challenged. Never really picked up the skill of reading defenses and adjusting line calls... so OG/backup OC is probably his contribution...and we need a day 1 center... so i been looking at Schmittz at 34 and hoping Avila falls to the 3rd.

I don't think that's the case. He did a sit down with Brandon Thorn where among others it shows him owning Mazi Smith from Center. He seems smart enough.

Well worth watching the full thing at the bottom link.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think that's the case. He did a sit down with Brandon Thorn where among others it shows him owning Mazi Smith from Center. He seems smart enough.

Against Michigan he made Mazi Smith his ******. Completely owned him. Made Smith look undraftable.

I was watching some Avila cutups on YouTube last night and I'm even more sold on him. I think he is long gone by round two.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Against Michigan he made Mazi Smith his ******. Completely owned him. Made Smith look undraftable.

I was watching some Avila cutups on YouTube last night and I'm even more sold on him. I think he is long gone by round two.

Steve Avila is mine. I claimed him back on Jan 7th :Dold

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

I was told outright at the end of the pro day that the Cardinals will draft Wypler, and it makes sense. Presently, Hjalte Froholdt is listed as Arizona’s starting center — his fourth team since 2019. The Cardinals own a pair of picks in the third round and could use one to select the OSU center.
FWIW - Pauline also broke that the Cardinals were going to draft Kyler during the combine:

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I was told outright at the end of the pro day that the Cardinals will draft Wypler, and it makes sense. Presently, Hjalte Froholdt is listed as Arizona’s starting center — his fourth team since 2019. The Cardinals own a pair of picks in the third round and could use one to select the OSU center.
FWIW - Pauline also broke that the Cardinals were going to draft Kyler during the combine:

No issues with Wypler though weird letting something like this get out when a lot can happen in the mid rounds.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
good draft resource: https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/draft-board/

Greg Cosel contributes some write ups -- and i think he is pretty good

very diff takes than most (Will Levis is QB1!)

in the FWIW category: they have Anderson on a tier with a few other players (Jalen Carter is one of them) and all of .03 better than Tyree Wilson

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No issues with Wypler though weird letting something like this get out when a lot can happen in the mid rounds.

Maybe they wanted it to get out because they aren't going to draft him?

You must be registered for see images attach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Would Wypler be there in the 3rd?

Josh Myers, who was OSU's starting C before Wypler was drafted in round 2 at #64 and in my opinion Wypler is the better player.

Wypler at #66 would be good value.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

did you comprehend my post?? physically he is a beast. but you gotta dig deeper

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
did you comprehend my post?? physically he is a beast. but you gotta dig deeper

Yeah you said he's dumb but he doesn't seem dumb on these videos. He talks intelligently about going through his reads and blocking based on what he sees the linebacker doing.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah you said he's dumb but he doesn't seem dumb on these videos. He talks intelligently about going through his reads and blocking based on what he sees the linebacker doing.
well jesus Brit I didnt say he couldnt carry a conversation... just that he has issues reading a defense and making line calls.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
good draft resource: https://www.the33rdteam.com/nfl-draft/2023/draft-board/

Greg Cosel contributes some write ups -- and i think he is pretty good

very diff takes than most (Will Levis is QB1!)

in the FWIW category: they have Anderson on a tier with a few other players (Jalen Carter is one of them) and all of .03 better than Tyree Wilson
Here is an argument for Levis:

He faced WAY more adversity at Kentucky in a more pro style system. His tape is uneven, but his tools are really good.

Young and Stroud both played for schools who haven't really developed good NFL QBs because QBs at that school are surrounded by so much talent that they aren't ready to run for their lives.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not a Mazi Smith fan.

I've seen his on the "Wanna see a dead body" reel of too many O line.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
If you don't think every teams know what everybody else is doing you would be surprised. On numerous occasions I have been told who the cards are drafting long before our pick. This info comes from members of other teams.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm not a Mazi Smith fan.

I've seen his on the "Wanna see a dead body" reel of too many O line.

Yeah watching him get DOMINATED by Avila showed me he's overrated. This DT class is thoroughly underwhelming.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah watching him get DOMINATED by Avila showed me he's overrated. This DT class is thoroughly underwhelming.

People seem to have him going in the 2nd. He has 2 sacks and 44 pressures on 700 pass rush snaps.

He's seems to be a space eating nose tackle to me and you don't draft those guys in round 2.

I like Zacch Pickens over Smith.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose