CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Posts like this make me not get your point a lot on Anderson/Wilson. You constantly trash Anderson and sing Wilson's praises. "Will Anderson isn't that good" doesn't mesh with you thinking he's the best edge in the draft.
Because I don't build a shrine to him, you don't get my take?

Anderson is not an A+ prospect, he's an A-. Wilson is really good too but not quite as good. He's a B+ prospect.

Make sense now?

I've been saying for months now that this isn't a great draft. The top talent pool is super thin, but there is a nice pool of second and third round talent. Anderson might not be in the conversation to go top five if he was in the 2024 draft let's put it that way.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Two players this draft with higher grade than Anderson, and one in '21 draft, Trevor Lawrence, and that is all in the last 5 years.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I have a thought to bring up which I have never given much thought to. Some of these players to be drafted, especially the all american types, have often spent their whole careers playing on winning, if not championship teams. That undoubtedly have contributed to them being as good as they are. But psychologically, how will their head handle it if drafted by a constant losing team. What will losing weekly and yearly do to them and their motivation and psyche? Do we really know? Has anyone ever looked deeply into this and formed any conclusions?

Would drafting a great player who played their whole college career at a losing school, or one that wasn't anywhere near the top of their conference, assure his consistency more than someone who has never known anything but winning and being surrounded by other great players year after year, and game after game? Just an interesting question and thought.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another concern for me is no testing on Tyree Wilson.

What I would expect had he tested would be a guy that runs a 4.75-4.80 40 time and below average 3 cone which would likely have put much of this hype to bed.

Wilson can run once he gets going, but I don't think his 40 time would be great because he takes a while to get going. Also obviously he would take half a second to get out of his stance.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Because I don't build a shrine to him, you don't get my take?

Anderson is not an A+ prospect, he's an A-. Wilson is really good too but not quite as good. He's a B+ prospect.

Make sense now?

I've been saying for months now that this isn't a great draft. The top talent pool is super thin, but there is a nice pool of second and third round talent. Anderson might not be in the conversation to go top five if he was in the 2024 draft let's put it that way.
I just directly quoted you in your prior post: "Will Anderson isn't that good." You say one thing one place/post, then you say diametrically opposed things in other places/posts. Pretty clear that you're sending mixed signals. Cognitive dissonance will certainly make your point murky. It's okay. I mean, what one of us haven't been unclear on players before? You're of mixed opinion on the kid. No bigs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I just directly quoted you in your prior post: "Will Anderson isn't that good."
And you're cutting out the part where I said "he is good"

Read like:

Bosa, Garrett, et al are all better than Wilson. He's good, but he's not THAT good.
You say one thing one place/post, then you say diametrically opposed things in other places/posts.
Or maybe you aren't reading it correctly.
Pretty clear that you're sending mixed signals.
Pretty clear I've said it like eleventy billion times and you still don't get it.
Cognitive dissonance will certainly make your point murky. It's okay. I mean, what one of us haven't been unclear on players before? You're of mixed opinion on the kid. No bigs.
No my opinion is quite clear. Anderson isn't quite a can't miss prospect. He's not worth missing out on a buttload of picks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

What I would expect had he tested would be a guy that runs a 4.75-4.80 40 time and below average 3 cone which would likely have put much of this hype to bed.
According to scouts who have visited Tech, Wilson runs around a 4.5.
Wilson can run once he gets going, but I don't think his 40 time would be great because he takes a while to get going. Also obviously he would take half a second to get out of his stance.
It's going to be hilarious when the Cardinals draft Wilson.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Disagree. He's not can't miss. He's really good though, but he could settle in just being a good, not great player.
And any/all of those picks have less of a chance of hitting to even be really good, just based on odds and numbers. If we're talking really good as the floor, sign me up, because the floor isn't the ceiling.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to scouts who have visited Tech, Wilson runs around a 4.5.

It's going to be hilarious when the Cardinals draft Wilson.

Which scouts? Visited Tech when? This sounds like the kind of crap agents invent and leak on Twitter.

No way he runs a 4.5. I'd bet my house on it.

I can see a number of sources that estimate time from tape. His lowest 4.76. He also has a 4.78 and 4.82 from other sites.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

The biggest concern I’m hearing about him is the foot injury. He’s apparently not 100% yet. Slow healer? Some teams allegedly have dropped him down

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I’d have no problem if we traded down & selected this kid. He’s a great technician, he’s super intelligent, & he‘s ready to produce right out of the gate. I still maintain that SkoronskI can be a very good LT, but a GREAT guard. Paris Johnson is entirely different. He’s big and nasty, but not as NFL ready as Skoronsky. But, keep in mind that if they both hit their potential, then Johnson will be the better NFL player. Johnson has the longest wingspan of any OT ever. He’ll have to be reeled in from time to time, because he may get a penalty here and there for being a little bit overzealous.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Posts like this make me not get your point a lot on Anderson/Wilson. You constantly trash Anderson and sing Wilson's praises. "Will Anderson isn't that good" doesn't mesh with you thinking he's the best edge in the draft.
I’ve seen a lot of college football in my years, watched a ton of tape, and have listened to pretty good talent evaluators. Will Anderson would be a top 10 pick in ANY draft EVER. We try to stay away from the word “generational”, but if he isn’t that, he’s pretty damn close. If he’s there at 3, and we choose to pass, I’ll be nauseous watching this kid play for the Seahawks the next 10+ years. And I completely understand the importance of trading down for a haul of picks. Part of me is hoping that the Texans take him at 2, so I won’t be crying in my sleep because we passed on him. He’s the whole package, and he’s EXACTLY the kind of player that MOJG have preached that they want. I hope and pray it’s a smokescreen when I hear people say that the Cardinals only “like” him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I love all this debating about how specific players will do in the NFL.

I am trying to resist it since I have burnt myself too many times.

Best call: Sleeper pick of George Kittle
One of the worst ones: Josh Jones will have a better career than Tristan Wirfs :doofus:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's ironic you're touting this guy, and pointing out that it took until Tyree Wilson's junior season for him to be productive. Michael Wilson was never productive at Stanford.

I'm not touting him. Just posting interesting draft stuff.

But as you brought it up Tyree is being touted top 5. That's the issue.

If he was being touted in round 3 like this guy I'd have issues.