CFB Playoffs

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sorry Jon but the whole plays on the west coast excuse is just silly in this day and age. All the scouts have seen him as have all the scouting services.

I don’t know why he isn’t projected higher (though he will be) but the fact he plays in Seattle has nothing to do with it
There is an East Coast Reporting Bias… I lived out west for 40 years, it was easy to see from there

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lots of AZ kids coming up big for WA last night. K Grady Gross, Horizon, 3-3 FGs and 4-4 PATs. scored the last 10pts for WA, also played with my son in in HS. My son was his long snapper Jr and Sr years when he didn't miss a PAT. All around great kid. Bralan Trice, O'Connor- 5 tkls, 2 sacks, 3 TFLS. Dom Hampton, Centennial- 6 tkls 1 PD. Parker Brailsford, Saguaro - Center.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
There is an East Coast Reporting Bias… I lived out west for 40 years, it was easy to see from there
I've heard that in markets that I've lived at and there is something to that. with CFB there is more of a CFB program bias IMO. CFB is weird because not everyone plays the same level of competition from week to week and stats/performances can get inflated and overhyped. All we have to do is go back to Colorado at the beginning of the year. they aren't east coast, but Deon's popularity got that hype train going downhill and maybe took away from the top players/programs in that conference.

I still don't understand why they don't wait to the give the heisman and other awards out until after the season is over. the counter argument is that there will be bias for the top teams that win the title, but don't we want to see the best players play in the bowl games/playoffs and reward them for their play?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
a day later and I am still bummed with the way Texas played yesterday, especially not taking full advantage of their ground game. I am definitely sold that Penix is the best QB in CFB.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
well considering Georgia couldn't beat Alabama who don't have a QB that can actually throw the ball, I doubt they could beat any of the teams.
It was the worst coaching choke job I’ve seen in a while. They were uncharacteristically conservative on offense (barely allowing Beck to throw the ball) and the defensive game plan was plain awful. They rushed 3 the whole game giving Milroe about 5-7 seconds to make a decision on each play.

Plus Alabama converted a 4th down play that wasn’t actually a catch (but refs didn’t review it and Alabama quickly snapped it and scored a TD as time expired before halftime). Then GA’s kicker missed a kick by hitting the upright after he successfully scored, only for it to be taken off the board because of an offensive penalty that backed them up 5 yards.

All that to say it sounds like typical “coulda, woulda, shoulda”. But even after everything went wrong (including a boneheaded redzone fumble that led to more Alabama points), and everything going right for Alabama as they played flawless with zero turnovers, GA only lost by 4.

I’m telling you as someone who watched all their games, they would beat Alabama 9/10 times. Unfortunately the moment was too big for the coaches and the first half doomed them.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It was the worst coaching choke job I’ve seen in a while. They were uncharacteristically conservative on offense (barely allowing Beck to throw the ball) and the defensive game plan was plain awful. They rushed 3 the whole game giving Milroe about 5-7 seconds to make a decision on each play.

Plus Alabama converted a 4th down play that wasn’t actually a catch (but refs didn’t review it and Alabama quickly snapped it and scored a TD as time expired before halftime). Then GA’s kicker missed a kick by hitting the upright after he successfully scored, only for it to be taken off the board because of an offensive penalty that backed them up 5 yards.

All that to say it sounds like typical “coulda, woulda, shoulda”. But even after everything went wrong (including a boneheaded redzone fumble that led to more Alabama points), and everything going right for Alabama as they played flawless with zero turnovers, GA only lost by 4.

I’m telling you as someone who watched all their games, they would beat Alabama 9/10 times. Unfortunately the moment was too big for the coaches and the first half doomed them.
I understand that feeling and it is a shame that every close game feels like it comes down to a bad call. it's also a shame that this year's scenario didn't play out a year later and we would have gotten to see most of the top teams participate in the playoff. next year is going to be really fun! As a Texas fan I really look forward to them playing Georgia next year. it is going to be great to see all of those big time matchups every single week.

speaking of coaching choke jobs, how about Washington's coach running the ball against Texas late instead of just taking a knee? if Texas would have won that game he would be getting roasted.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I understand that feeling and it is a shame that every close game feels like it comes down to a bad call. it's also a shame that this year's scenario didn't play out a year later and we would have gotten to see most of the top teams participate in the playoff. next year is going to be really fun! As a Texas fan I really look forward to them playing Georgia next year. it is going to be great to see all of those big time matchups every single week.

speaking of coaching choke jobs, how about Washington's coach running the ball against Texas late instead of just taking a knee? if Texas would have won that game he would be getting roasted.
Yes, no more controversy starting next year because if you can’t crack the top 12, you have no business complaining about being “snubbed”.

And yeah, SEC is going to be very entertaining. GA plays Clemson wk 1, then faces Texas and Alabama on the road.

And don’t sleep on Mizzou, they keep getting better every year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard