CB Looking Challenging.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
With Marcus Peters likely going back to the Ravens it seems probable the Cards will have to abandon their plan of bringing in a top FA to steady the position. I don’t see them paying what Murphy would cost based on that back injury. Back injury recovery is viewed as unreliable. The question is, does this increase the chance of the Cards trading down from the 3? I guess this might tell us if they are in full rebuild mode if they don’t shore up the CB group.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With Marcus Peters likely going back to the Ravens it seems probable the Cards will have to abandon their plan of bringing in a top FA to steady the position. I don’t see them paying what Murphy would cost based on that back injury. Back injury recovery is viewed as unreliable. The question is, does this increase the chance of the Cards trading down from the 3? I guess this might tell us if they are in full rebuild mode if they don’t shore up the CB group.

Based on his back injury, arguably no team will pay what he'd want on a long-term deal.

IMO - He has to re-establish his market value.

AZ is as good a place as any to do so.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought there were reports that Murphy's back injury was minor and not spine shenanigans, but I can't find anything on it now. Does anyone know exactly what his injury was?

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
There’s still a few solid guys out there - Darby, Troy hill and Shaq Griffin to name a few. Would like to see us draft a corner highly regardless.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
Based on his back injury, arguably no team will pay what he'd want on a long-term deal.

IMO - He has to re-establish his market value.

AZ is as good a place as any to do so.
I bet some desperate nitwits overpay him due to the shortage, but I hope you’re right.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

Reaction score
I thought there were reports that Murphy's back injury was minor and not spine shenanigans, but I can't find anything on it now. Does anyone know exactly what his injury was?
They called it week to week then dumped him on the IR. It was listed as undisclosed, but clearly was worse than they thought. There are no good back injuries in a contact sport.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They called it week to week then dumped him on the IR. It was listed as undisclosed, but clearly was worse than they thought. There are no good back injuries in a contact sport.
He also might have just bailed on a lost season with FA coming up. Team didn’t take care of him before the season… could have figured he wasn’t putting his body at risk for them in return.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He also might have just bailed on a lost season with FA coming up. Team didn’t take care of him before the season… could have figured he wasn’t putting his body at risk for them in return.
That's what I think too. No reason for either of these guys to risk their long term health to come back that team last year.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's always the trade market but there are still options available in FA. ARZ is going to need at least 2 especially if Murphy bolts. I figure 1 in draft and the other in FA.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's always the trade market but there are still options available in FA. ARZ is going to need at least 2 especially if Murphy bolts. I figure 1 in draft and the other in FA.
If he bolts? Are you ok? Lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
2003 Cardinals in 2023.

With Marty Ice starring as Jeff Blake!
lol

Seriously tho, if we sign Matt Ryan to a 20 mil deal I swear Bidwill thinks he went back in time and is trying to do-over 2018 but after firing Keim.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Yet they had no issues giving a DE with numerous back issues, JJ Watt, a boat load of money.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
lol

Seriously tho, if we sign Matt Ryan to a 20 mil deal I swear Bidwill thinks he went back in time and is trying to do-over 2018 but after firing Keim.

I mean seriously....why would we go washed up has been or career backup over a rookie or a "redemption" story like Baker Mayfield or Wentz or something?

We have zero to gain by trotting out a QB with nothing to prove. Our only hope to have any excitement next season is to play a QB who thinks this is his last chance.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yet they had no issues giving a DE with numerous back issues, JJ Watt, a boat load of money.
They = Keim...Maybe if he were still GM, Murphy would have been re-signed and everyone would be happy, except then they'd realize Keim was still around.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I mean seriously....why would we go washed up has been or career backup over a rookie or a "redemption" story like Baker Mayfield or Wentz or something?

We have zero to gain by trotting out a QB with nothing to prove. Our only hope to have any excitement next season is to play a QB who thinks this is his last chance.
I would seriously rather declare to the NFL that we have an open competition for a starter for all offseason, preseason, and 8 games. We should get every NFL player trying to stay in the league, every backup who thinks he hasnt been given a chance, and every rookie and UDFA that thinks they could be the next Brock Purdy knocking down our door to play for the league min.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Baker Mayfly is my guy.
He'll take you far, he'll take you high.
Baker Maydo is the one for you.
Winning games, that he can do.
Baker Mayday won't make you pay.
He'll lead your team in just the right way.
Baker Mayfield is the right one.
Just give him a chance, he'll get 'er done.

SissyBoyPoet

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Darius Slay? Gotta be better than most cb’s on the roster

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose